Status
Not open for further replies.

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
And the Public Apology Tour continues...

HOH did reply, and there was apparently a breakdown in communication. ENS did their job exactly as they were supposed to, so I apologize for any negative implications, and/or subsequent inferences.

ENS is back in my bookmarks, and in high regard. I WILL be purchasing something from them immediately, as my way of showing good faith.

Thank you HOH, and thank you ENS. The issue is being corrected, and I am totally satisfied with the results.

Sincerely,
~DPL

Now - did I do any damage in OTHER threads? I'll have to scrub my activity. Sometimes my emotions can be...um... a bit destructive? :blush:

Still working on fixing that last part. Sooner or later...
You... DP are a stand up guy!

Jim

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
You... DP are a stand up guy!

Jim

Thank you, Jim.

But tell me the truth. You had a couple of Lolz in there too, didn't ya?

No worries. You're far from alone. Kat hasn't STOPPED laughing yet. And it might be awhile still... :censored:;)

Carbon59

May 17, 2015
And the Public Apology Tour continues...

HOH did reply, and there was apparently a breakdown in communication. ENS did their job exactly as they were supposed to, so I apologize for any negative implications, and/or subsequent inferences.

ENS is back in my bookmarks, and in high regard. I WILL be purchasing something from them immediately, as my way of showing good faith.

Thank you HOH, and thank you ENS. The issue is being corrected, and I am totally satisfied with the results.

Sincerely,
~DPL

Now - did I do any damage in OTHER threads? I'll have to scrub my activity. Sometimes my emotions can be...um... a bit destructive? :blush:

Still working on fixing that last part. Sooner or later...

I'm glad all worked out for you.

Multiple inhale exhale using Tapatalk

Carbon59

May 17, 2015
I had issues with my Kabuki I purchased through MBV and they were more than happy to let me return it for a new one. I did have to pay postage for the return but that seemed reasonable to me and only took one email to them to get my RMA. I would have went direct through HoH if they offered some sort of contact option besides phone in only with very limited hours to do so. What sort of hoops were they asking you to jump through if I may ask?

I'm sure what they wanted from me was reasonable, other than sending them a photo. At the time I was not in any mood to be reasonable when I had a two day old tank that had problems with the first filling.
All is well now.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I'm sure what they wanted from me was reasonable, other than sending them a photo. At the time I was not in any mood to be reasonable when I had a two day old tank that had problems with the first filling.
All is well now.

I'm sorry, Carbon, but do not know anything about this "unreasonable" of which you speak. I'm personally unfamiliar with the word.

:blush:

Zen~

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2010
Spencerport, NY
I didn't realize this thread was here, and I'm rarely on ECF (and miss it, just not enough time) but I'm going to adress some of the questions here, and get to more tomorrow night, I made it about half-way through the thread and it's nearly 5AM here in NY...

The insulator ring in the base of the 510 has a section missing out of it.

On one of the P3 versions I received the glass isn't cut square. It doesn't leak but it doesn't line up when its together.

On the other P3 I get a lot of condensation on my provari. And yes I've screwed the coil in nice and tight and tried multiple coils.

I'm not sure what you mean by the insulator ring having a piece missing out of it, but whatever is wrong with it, I'm happy to fix it.
Glass not cut square? I t surprises me, but one other person had a similar complaint and it turned out the coil was crossthreaded, causing it to look out of square, in either case, happy to fix it as well.

NOW, the condensation in the P3 connection area is actually on purpose... all tank attys have condensation, and most handle the issue by having a condensate tank in the airflow chamber... this generally leads to a build-up of condensation in the air chamber that eventually leads to gurgling. Personally, I hate gurgling... and once I realized that area in the P3 connector was sealed and liquid-tight, it occurred to me to let the condensation land there, out of the airflow where it will never gurgle... added bonus is that is is easily cleaned out, unlike the nautilus and others. This has made the P3 Kabuki become my favorite all-day vape!

I get the condensation as well. This didn't surprise me because the Original Nautilus base always gets condensation in it. Nature of the beast I figured.

See above, Duane...

No, but cool video Kat :) The condensation is all around the well by the pin of the ProVari P3 connection. My guess is that when you stop taking a puff, there is a little air/vapor exchange with the space under the Kabuki base as the pressure equalizes again, and a tiny amount of vapor gets trapped in there and condense onto the steel.

That's exactly what happens, and I love the ease of cleanout compared to the Nautilus, which cannot be separated for cleaning in that condensation tank area.

I just wish he'd make a 4-5ml version. It might be ALL that I used if he did. 2ml is way to low for my ADV needs though.

It's actually closer to 3Ml when filled to the lip of the chimney... something I've learned over the years, the smaller the tank, the better it wicks and the better it wicks, the more people will be happy with it. The first prototype as 5Ml, and I could never get it to wick well with higher VG juice, which is becoming more common than not. One of the reasons the Kabuki works so well is the smaller tank. That doesn't mean I won't keep trying, but I really prefer a tank that can uptake all the juice at about the same rate, no natter how full it is.

@Zen~ Mr. Zen, are you with us here, reading this thread?

I'll echo that desire for a slightly larger tank. I'd love to see a 4ml as well, but even 3.5ml would be FANTASTIC!

Any chance?

If a Version two happens, I'm shooting for 3.5-4, but no promises.... physics won't follow the rules I try to enforce on them, it seems there some laws that prevent that already.

Just received my Mb blue version on Saturday. I'm not happy with the quality at all. The pin insulator is stripped and the threading in chimney is also messed up 1/4 of the threads at missing. If this was a cheap clone I would just pitch it but it's not.

The threads do not go all the way to the end of the chimney, but if there are issues with the ones that are there, The tank does have a Lifetime Warranty on everything but the glass, rings and coil... I'm happy to make it right.

I'll loop back tomorrow night to answer Q's from the rest of the thread, and remember, if you have a problem, HoH is only a phone call away. We can't beat China in the arena of price, but we can leave them in the dust with service. The contact number is on the HoH website, please don't hesitate to use it (and I apologize for the short phone availability, I'm working on that, hours will soon be 10AM-6:30PM M-F)

Last edited:

Zen~

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2010
Spencerport, NY
Provape doesn't carry the 510 version, and when I opened a ticket addressing my problems I got the runaround, and it was suggested that I "mashed My gommet" on my Ti Provari's. so basically I am stuck, using thread to extend the pin on the coils which don't make a connection on my three 200+$ devices that I own...

Duane, on Monday I'm going to re-machine a P3 base that sets the coil deeper and send it off to you, I know we worked through the meausurements, but something is funky there, and I want to be sure you're not being tortured by something that's out of spec. This goes for anybody having the issue with a large percentage of coils not making contact... but let me know how many Kabuki's you have so I can make sure you have replacements for all of them.

On good note...Any machinist could fix it in under ten minutes but for $90 you shouldnt have to have some one else fix it.

You are absolutely correct, he shouldn't, and doesn't have to. I'll make it right for him even if I have to do custom work.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Thank you, @Zen~ , for popping in here. That was very nice of you and we appreciate it.

To one of your points, I can get (almost exactly) 2.5ml into it, but only when the coil sticks in the chimney. Luckily for me, that's most of the time, and one HUGE advantage that the Kabuki has (over the regular Nautilus) is that it fires EVERY TIME that happens. With the Nautilus, I have to remove it, then re-screw it into the base.

But I leave it be in my Kabuki, and fill it to the brim. Hasn't misfired yet (knock-knock).

I'll be perfectly satisfied if you do nothing with them, but have already stated that I'm dead-set in for two-to-four more, if you get them to 4ml. That would absolutely change them (for me) from in-house status (to out-and-about).

I'm very pleased with them. Having absolutely zero interest in building anything ("Blister packs 'till I die!"), I'd been waiting for a true "YLB" tank for quite some time. And I thank you for granting my wish.

Cien tanni... :toast:

Last edited:

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Based on my observations, and Zen's explanation about lower tank volume leading to a better performing liquid feed...

I can definitely see differences between it and/Vs the P3 Nautilus.

Thumbs Up for a Country Boy Kabuki!!! (that also does cartos)

Jim

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Based on my observations, and Zen's explanation about lower tank volume leading to a better performing liquid feed...

I can definitely see differences between it and/Vs the P3 Nautilus.

Thumbs Up for a Country Boy Kabuki!!! (that also does cartos)

Jim

I just need more juice through a day. I'm using the 5ml SS tanks (when not using the 6ml Billet Boxes), and they're fine. Are they as good? No.

But they're quite acceptable (for me).

I know you perked up Kitty's ears when the cartos came into play. I'd bet almost anything that she's got one eye on that Country Boy these days. ;)

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
I know you perked up Kitty's ears when the cartos came into play. I'd bet almost anything that she's got one eye on that Country Boy these days. ;)
Not many of those tanks around, that are new that is.

They can use either the long or short glass/steel tanks.

Long or short unflanged cartos can be used in the longer tank. While the shorter tank restricts you to use only short cartos.

The Zenesis 2 threading could also be a show stopper, if you do not have a Zen threaded device.

But... Zen currently has on the ZFO Store Site... Wait for it...

Brand Spankin New Sidewinders, which could be Kick 2 driven.

AND Brandy New Kick 2s can be had on Evolves website. (picture price is 32 bucks. Drop it in your cart for a big surprise)

AND... With all of that said... Sounds like you got some shopping to do!!!

LOLz, Jim

PS Merry Christmas Kat!!!

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Duane, on Monday I'm going to re-machine a P3 base that sets the coil deeper and send it off to you, I know we worked through the meausurements, but something is funky there, and I want to be sure you're not being tortured by something that's out of spec. This goes for anybody having the issue with a large percentage of coils not making contact... but let me know how many Kabuki's you have so I can make sure you have replacements for all of them.

Thanks for popping in here Zen! I'll call you back on Mon. Please don't cut into a stock base, I'll mail you mine.

Zen~

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2010
Spencerport, NY
Thanks for popping in here Zen! I'll call you back on Mon. Please don't cut into a stock base, I'll mail you mine.

I want to spend some time with your old base, so I'd rather modify a new one anyway. I'm quirky like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread