Status
Not open for further replies.

SlickWilly

Tinkerer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
NY
The Syma S109G is a really fun little guy! I bought one for my oldest boy to keep him away from the good stuff, but he eventually destroyed it. I have parts to rebuild it and a couple of other minis, but my time lately has been focused elsewhere with mods. :)

And yes...5 kids...and to think I didn't start having them until I was 38. My future = no retirement! :confused:

My Mom use to joke, "Having kids is a pain that never ends", I always wondered which one of us she was referring too....... :rolleyes:

SlickWilly

Tinkerer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
NY

Wakey wakey!

Morning everyone!

coffee-vitamin.png

bilboda

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2012
Miami, FL
Reactions: VapingBad

SlickWilly

Tinkerer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
NY
Really neat job @SlickWilly it looks great!

Thanks man, I owe Mike and all you guys credit for making this happen! It's the nicest mod I've ever had, I've come a long way since I started buying the gas station ecigs.

Seems strange where vaping has taken me, it all started because I became very sick from all the years of smoking. Ended up in the hospital gravely ill with very bad lung problems including spots showing up on the scans. It took months before I could breath semi-normal and left me living on inhalers. I dodge the big one after sweating it out for two years, those spots never turned out to be C.... After all that I fell back to smoking again, within two weeks I was having problems breathing, the doctor told me if I couldn't find a way to quit it was going to kill me. He gave me his blessing to try ecigs and so it began. The expense of those store bought carts drove me to search the internet for ejuice that I heard of in hopes of being able to refill those carts and during that search I found this forum. The road has led me here today, my last scans shows my lungs are completely healed, I have no more problems breathing and I stopped using the inhalers long ago, the doctor was very impressed. I have to say, with this new DNA 200 board I feel even better about vaping, I know it's making vaping the safest it can be for where we are today and I am so thankful to Evolv, this forum and all the members, vaping has given me my life back. I'm one of the damn few lucky ones, I know there are a lot of smokers who didn't dodge the bullet and I count my blessing every day!

Hope everyone has a great day, Thank You!

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
Has anyone, besides me, fooled with "Plumbers Goop"? This stuff "sticks like glue" to just bout anything that isn't greasy and dries clear. I'm just not sure about how strong the bond may be with metals. I think I'll pick up a fresh tube and see if it can bond aluminum and brass reliably, unless someone has already tried it.

Reactions: SlickWilly

VapingBad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 16, 2015
Hertfordshire, UK

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Looks like my Hana v200 screen is completely dead now.

I ordered up a Hana as well since shapways was going to be delayed. Really sorry to hear of the screen issue and apparently the use of the JST connectors on the battery that apparently are not even close to rated for the DNA200. Assuming ou have been in contact with them.

What is Hana doing to correct the deficiencies?

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
I ordered up a Hana as well since shapways was going to be delayed. Really sorry to hear of the screen issue and apparently the use of the JST connectors on the battery that apparently are not even close to rated for the DNA200. Assuming ou have been in contact with them.

The JSTS only need to handle about 40mA or less. How are these deficient?

Sent from phone.

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ

I'm still vaping on it :lol:

I sent Hana an e-mail about it but it's the weekend and I don't expect a response until Monday.

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ

Sent from phone.
The JST's are on the power wires, not the balance wires. I'm waiting to see how Hana handles this before I open it and start fixing stuff.

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal

Sent from phone.
I think he is referring to the jst RCY connectors used between the battery and board which are rated for 3 amps...

Regards
Tony

Sent from my keyboard through my phone or something like that.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
I think he is referring to the jst RCY connectors used between the battery and board which are rated for 3 amps...

Regards
Tony

Ohhhhh, well shucks, I gave them more credit than to do something like that.

Sent from phone.

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal

Sent from phone.
Well some people have used them briefly for up to 7 amps in RC parkfliers but nevertheless I agree... They seem to be way underrated for our application. I'm sure half of the problems are related to the connector. Have a friend with a hana v200 and it's just displaying the warranty screen... Not good :(

My bet is on the connector hana used.

Regards
Tony

Cotay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
Central Coast California

Sent from phone.

What is also disturbing is that the JST-RCY is spec'd to handle only up to 22 AWG wire...I'd like to know what gauge wire Hana has used for the battery and connector.

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
What is also disturbing is that the JST-RCY is spec'd to handle only up to 22 AWG wire...I'd like to know what gauge wire Hana has used for the battery and connector.
I'm sure it's 20g as the battery appears to be a turnigy nano tech 950mah.

I think they just wanted to cut some road and since the battery comes with that crappy connector, they only had to buy and install the male part. They probably didn't even bother to check the specs.

Regards
Tony

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
Well some people have used them briefly for up to 7 amps in RC parkfliers but nevertheless I agree... They seem to be way underrated for our application. I'm sure half of the problems are related to the connector. Have a friend with a hana v200 and it's just displaying the warranty screen... Not good :(

My bet is on the connector hana used.

Regards
Tony

I'm not so sure. I thought it might be because of the connector or the wiring but the mod works fine other than the screen being dead. It was like my BRD200 where the ribbon cable of the display was pinched. I was monitoring the vape in Escribe and there's no voltage or power dip while vaping (60w preheat, 20w setting). I didn't notice any difference in the vape either so the graphs backup my experience. If it's just a pinched ribbon, I hope someone can just send me a replacement display.

I might get curious and end up opening the case this weekend. From the pics posted of an open v200, it looks to be bigger than 22g.

SlickWilly

Tinkerer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
NY
The JST's are on the power wires, not the balance wires. I'm waiting to see how Hana handles this before I open it and start fixing stuff.

Sorry to hear about the screen on that, I'm sure they will take care of it but that's a PITA. That's another benefit of being able to connect to the computer, you can still see everything.

Regards
Tony

Yikes! Guess I missed that post, is that what they are using in the Hana's?

VapingBad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 16, 2015
Hertfordshire, UK
I'm not so sure. I thought it might be because of the connector or the wiring but the mod works fine other than the screen being dead. It was like my BRD200 where the ribbon cable of the display was pinched. I was monitoring the vape in Escribe and there's no voltage or power dip while vaping (60w preheat, 20w setting). I didn't notice any difference in the vape either so the graphs backup my experience. If it's just a pinched ribbon, I hope someone can just send me a replacement display.

I might get curious and end up opening the case this weekend. From the pics posted of an open v200, it looks to be bigger than 22g.
Did you see John asked you to try the screen from your other board or from the one you have to be sent back.

ETA
I see you had, just ignore me most people do

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread