Not open for further replies.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Will do.

I think if I bought the Starre, and the Arctic, I would officially become a reviewer. LOL
But like I said elsewhere, it's hard to join conversations like this, if you don't have a broad experience. I feel the Herakles is an underdog, and I want to be proved right. Or wrong.:)

I am doing my best impersonation here of someone that is neutral. I've tried all of those but I know that sometimes, for whatever reason, certain things work for some that don't for others. I will keep my opinions to myself in your situation (or at least until you get it and express yours), but what I will say is regardless of how you feel about The Crown, you are already ahead of the game when you have something that you like as much as it seems you like the Herakles. Here's to hoping you get, at a minimum, a sidegrade.

72x72x1f451-microsoft-windows.png.pagespeed.ic.w4KkQZwSl6.png

Bitter Jeweler

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2015
Cleveland, Ohio
vaping is certainly not a one size fits all experience.
Partly because it's not even entirely reliant on the device.
Atties with prebuilt coils at least minimizes a lot of variables.
(Between users)

I enjoy building too, but that just compounds the problems.
I'm looking for the best flavor I can find. This way I know what I am trying to achieve, even on a STM, if it can even achieve the same level with just the right build.

I'm having fun with the whole experience. So much so that I think quitting smoking was just a side effect of the hobby. LOL Sometimes I've had to remind myself when I am disappointed, that the whole point was getting nicotine and not smoking. So when Grandmas Cinnamon Danish just isn't popping, I'm not craving cigs, and it's a great day. :)

Major911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2014
Grand Island, FL, USA
I was reluctant to buy into the hype around this tank as well but I'm glad I decided to try it. I love my sub tank mini's and have 3 that I use daily. Before the crown I took the plunge on the Morph tank from Ehpro. This tank is almost perfect in my book. The quality is exceptional. The air flow smooth and ample. Throw in the ability to use Atlantis, Delta 2, Kanger OCC or the included RBA and you have a one tank fits all with huge capacity. The only thing missing is top fill capability. Speaking of top fill, I have tried many and The Crown has finally done it right. This is hands down the easiest and most efficient top fill tank I've ever used. If the RBA for the Crown is as good as the sub tank I think it will rise to the top of my favorites list. Might even bump the Morph from the top just because of the fabulous top fill.

FreeJersey

Verified Member
May 21, 2015
NJ
Got a nice vape mail pkg today. Been playing with the Crown for a couple hours. So far I would say flavor and vapor about equal to the Starre/Maganus. Top fill is nice, similar to the Starre Pro, just without that ridiculous on/off valve. Can't wait to try the rba head.

Bitter jeweler, I would say you are pretty close calling it a side grade. The top fill and extra capacity are what puts the Starre and Crown ahead of the Herakles for me.

ETA: Sweetvapes has the TFV4 in stock. It's the simple kit, tank and one coil. Extra coils and rba's not available yet.

Attachments

• 0729151301.jpg
    0729151301.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:

FreeJersey

Verified Member
May 21, 2015
NJ
@Bitter Jeweler . Couldn't agree more. My Lemo 2 seems to leak if I let is sit for a while. That may be a wicking issue though. I also had the Zephyrus, it never leaked, but I did not like the way they implemented top fill. ( a little rubber plug you had to remove to re-fill and then replace, very easy to drop and lose that thing). My Starre Pro leaked for the first time last night, I forgot to turn the valve back to closed and awoke to a nice puddle of juice on and in my Boxer, but that was my fault. The Crown seems solid, but I've only had it a few hours, we'll see how it holds up. My Subtanks always seemed to have some minor leakage everytime I filled them.

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
ETA: Sweetvapes has the TFV4 in stock. It's the simple kit, tank and one coil. Extra coils and rba's not available yet.

My supplier is sending the rba out separate with the tank for all pre orders (UK)

If the TFV4 isn't what I expect it to be, I'm making the jump over to the Crown, I love my friends, the top fill is simple and works very well.

Reactions: jmercury1

FreeJersey

Verified Member
May 21, 2015
NJ
My supplier is sending the rba out separate with the tank for all pre orders (UK)

If the TFV4 isn't what I expect it to be, I'm making the jump over to the Crown, I love my friends, the top fill is simple and works very well.

I usually jump right on a new tank that I feel looks promising, but I may wait for your review on the SMOK. It's just never ending, there's always something new and better coming out next month it seems. Next July, we'll be looking back at how awful the Starre and Crown are.

Reactions: thomas l

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
I usually jump right on a new tank that I feel looks promising, but I may wait for your review on the SMOK. It's just never ending, there's always something new and better coming out next month it seems. Next July, we'll be looking back at how awful the Starre and Crown are.
I agree, it's hard to keep up, full time job, especially when your inbox get swamped with the next tank, next review requests haha.. I would of bought this one regardless, it's a first for sure and I just had to try it...when it finally arrives, I hate waiting for vape mail. love receiving it ..

FreeJersey

Verified Member
May 21, 2015
NJ
I agree, it's hard to keep up, full time job, especially when your inbox get swamped with the next tank, next review requests haha.. I would of bought this one regardless, it's a first for sure and I just had to try it...when it finally arrives, I hate waiting for vape mail. love receiving it ..

If the coils were available, I would have bought the smok as soon as I got the email. I stayed away from the Crown until coils were readily available, I was tempted to get it a while ago.

Why can't someone just build the tank I want. Subtank plus with the top fill from the Lemo 2, airflow and coils from the Maganus, and I'll be pretty satisfied.

Reactions: Rixsta

Major911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2014
Grand Island, FL, USA
I have the RBA built with one of my standard nickel coils. Just waiting for this 1.2 stock coil to give out so I can replace it. Bear in mind the stock ni200 coils are dual coil. Even though they ohm out at .15 they will require substantially more power to heat up than my own single coil. So I guess it depends on your device. If you have 40 or more watts to throw at it then the commercial coil would perform well. Otherwise the RBA with your own nickel build would be better. I build between .12 and .15 with 30g single coil and get a great vape at 25w at 450 degrees. I don't like having to run at 40 watts or higher cause everything just gets too hot and battery life and juice capacity suffer. But that's just my personal preference.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I have the Crown Nickel Coils and have been using them on my SXM and so far so good. They seem to be as good as the steel coils and a heck of a lot better the the Subtank Ni200

Great! Now if I can just get some feedback on the RBA head. I am likely going to stock up on Crown coils and get an RBA and then be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread