Status
Not open for further replies.

nuvole

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2014
Sillypore
I've purchase bit and pieces of PAPS v4(Pls don't ask me why I rather
spent more on shipping to do so) to make up two 18350 & one 18500 mod.

The first order I made, all the top cap pin came in copper & I've
purchase the Lux pin as extra. Issue is the lux pin don't come with
very short silver as the copper pin...

My later order of your v4 top cap came in silver pin with the extra
very short pin.

I found that only the short pin works with AW18350 and the mod I use.
Using the long pin would squeeze the switch insulator so much that it
fire up.

Is there any possibility that you sell the very short silver by
itself? I have enough spare for spring and other stuff for the top
cap.

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
The GPin is actually made of brass and the LUX version is silver coated brass (not copper). I understand what you’re saying – prior to the GP Paps v4 the GPin and mods with the GPin came with a short and a long pin. The GP Paps v4’s GPin comes with a short pin and a new very short pin. There’s been some discussion on the main thread that Perseas will make a new very long pin to accommodate some battery configurations with older tubes because the GP Paps v4 switch doesn’t screw in as far to the tubes as the Paps v3 switch did. It seems that there are now four different sizes of pins and one doesn’t currently get all of them depending on what is purchased. I’m sure that Perseas will accommodate you and hopefully come up with a good solution for everyone going forward.

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
I've purchase bit and pieces of PAPS v4(Pls don't ask me why I rather
spent more on shipping to do so) to make up two 18350 & one 18500 mod.

The first order I made, all the top cap pin came in copper & I've
purchase the Lux pin as extra. Issue is the lux pin don't come with
very short silver as the copper pin...

My later order of your v4 top cap came in silver pin with the extra
very short pin.

I found that only the short pin works with AW18350 and the mod I use.
Using the long pin would squeeze the switch insulator so much that it
fire up.

Is there any possibility that you sell the very short silver by
itself? I have enough spare for spring and other stuff for the top
cap.

I am sorry for the delayed response, somehow I missed your post.

To clarify some things regarding GPin and the different pins:

Every mod we sell comes with 2 different pins for the GPin in order to accommodate different brands of batteries, nipple and flat top in different modes, 18350-500-650 plus Kick modules.

Our GP Heron atomizer uses an even longer pin for its hybrid connection with the GP PAPS mods.

If we use GP PAPS v4 switch in hybrid connection with the Heron and a tube from the previous version 3 in 18500 mode and a AW 18490 IMR battery, then we need an even longer pin which is currently under production. This is the only case in which such long pin is needed and we haven't any other issue in any version. Only when we mix parts from different versions we have the aforementioned issue, with the AW 18490 battery in 201 connection.

If I understood well, in your first order # 20123, the short pin of the Lux GPin you purchased separately, isn't working with your 18350 v4. Is that right?

Reactions: nuvole

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
The way that I read it was that he bought a LUX GPin that came with silver coated long and short pins, a GP Paps v4 LUX top cap that came with silver coated short and very short pins, and a standard GP Paps v4 top cap that came with brass short and very short pins. He now has a silver coated long pin, two silver coated short pins, a silver coated very short pin, a brass short pin, and a brass very short pin. He is now looking for a silver coated very short pin so he will have a pair of silver coated short and very short pins for use with his two (or is it three?) GP Paps v4s that he put together from parts.

It sounds confusing just reading what I wrote and I could be wrong. Hopefully he'll clarify his situation. It doesn't sound like he's having any problems, he just wants to buy a spare silver coated very short pin.

nuvole

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2014
Sillypore
I am indeed looking for the silver coated very short pin.

Its not a big deal, as all my GP PAP v4 mod are working fine by themselves. Its one the combination of RBA with longer 510 connector that is giving me some problem.

I assume that all GP PAP pin are solid brass, and there will be no issue if I grind them down a bit.

The GP PAP v4 Switch is one wonderful design, it eliminated all my problem with jamming up locking ring.

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
Its one the combination of RBA with longer 510 connector that is giving me some problem.

For your RBA that has a long 510 center pin, can you unscrew the GPin from the Delrin insulator just a little bit to have it fit and also not apply too much pressure on the battery?

Reactions: nuvole

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
I am indeed looking for the silver coated very short pin.

Its not a big deal, as all my GP PAP v4 mod are working fine by themselves. Its one the combination of RBA with longer 510 connector that is giving me some problem.

I assume that all GP PAP pin are solid brass, and there will be no issue if I grind them down a bit.

The GP PAP v4 Switch is one wonderful design, it eliminated all my problem with jamming up locking ring.

On Monday, we shall send you a silver plated very short pin, no worries :)

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
And this is why GP is " Tops in customer care" SO far GP is the #1 in customer care I have ever had the pleasure to deal with. The dedication to design and function, and most important safety and "before, during and after care"

GP (and one other modder :) ) are what all other Modders should use as a model for success...

ApaNama

Sep 2, 2015
KL
GPtracking.png

I am getting mine in about 20hrs..... Waiting.....

Reactions: Firestorm
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread