Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
As many accolades as this juice has, there aren't a ton of in depth reviews on it beyond the one Spinfuel Magazine did last year. They awarded this juice their 2014 tobacco e liquid of the year award and overall e liquid of the year award... rightfully so in my opinion. Here's my $0.02 on this liquid:

First, this is for tobacco lovers. If you're not into tobacco vapes, you will NOT like this juice. Period. This is a no-excuses, punch you in the face, straight up, no additional anything tobacco vape that doesn't attempt to be anything else. And it does a good job of it. Rocket Fuel Vapes used naturally extracted tobaccos and other flavorings and created this exceptional and lavish NET hybrid juice. No artificial colors or sweeteners have been added at all. They say it contains artificial flavors and may contain traces of nuts, but for the life of me, I can't pick out any flavorings other that the NET extracts they used. The only sweetness present is from the process used to prepare and ferment the Cavendish and Perique tobaccos (both sweetening as they mature and Cavendish being sweetened prior to pressure fermentation) and from the natural sugars in the leaves of the other tobacco extracts (Virginia, in particular). What they've done is to take six separate flavors of tobacco and blend them in a very specific ratio so that the flavors don't overlap each other and blend into one generic, nondescript tobacco flavor... they all present themselves quite distinctly in this juice.

The juice comes in a nice, child-safety, dark glass bottle with a pipette and a bunch of warnings about nicotine and whatnot on the side of the label in a non-obtrusive manner. That's a good thing; safety first. I'm not the biggest fan of the glass bottle setup, myself and I'd have preferred a child-safety, dark plastic squeeze bottle with a pointy plastic tip. But that's just me and my subjective opinion. Lots of folks prefer this setup.

The liquid presents itself as roughly the color of a slightly dark honey... or maybe a lighter natural maple syrup. It's a thinner liquid with a 70:30 ratio of PG:VG, so it appears a bit runny. The aroma in the bottle carries a powerful, smoky, and bitter tobacco scent. Even from the bottle I can make out the Perique, Cavendish, and some sort of flue cured leaf.

The juice vapes smooth and evenly. It's thin enough that it's not a coil killer and wicks well in just about any setup I tried. It's not a particularly good dripping liquid, however... it's just a bit too thin for that and ends up being messy... but it vapes fine in a an RDA, just messily. Being a thin liquid, it'll deplete a bit quicker in your tank or atty of choice, so be aware... you'll go through tons of this quickly, especially at higher wattage. Also, I got a bit of PG aftertaste from the juice... nothing bad, though. And that may be just me as I typically vape max VG since I don't particularly like PG and its aftertaste... most folks may not have this issue, though.

The first puff was a slap in the face, but a good one. On the inhale, the flavors that present themselves are the Cavendish, Flue Cured Virginia, and Burley. The throat hit is exceptional... even with the 6mg strength I picked up. I wouldn't sub-ohm this above 6mg, myself. Maybe 3mg if you use tons of wattage or decide to try it in an RDA. On the exhale, Perique, some sort of Dominican or Cuban seed Havana leaf, and the Oriental (or Turkish, if you prefer) all come out. Their qualities are all present and all separate; from the earthy, truffle-like taste of the Perique to the sweet flavors of the Virginia and Cavendish. The bitter qualities of the cigar tobacco come in cleanly and the unique sweet, earthy Oriental flavors present themselves well. Burley, while it comes across cleanly, is a bit on the back burner. But its boldness and woodiness round the other five tobaccos out nicely. The natural smoky flavor of the Virginia Flue Cured tops it all off with a different kind of edge, but quite subtly. It tastes like a very premium blend of robust, moist, and slightly sweet fine tobaccos. It's like inhaling the entire atmosphere of a fine tobacco shop.

Then the aroma hits you... wow, just wow. This smells like a unique blend of pipe tobacco and of a nice mellow cigars. Again, like a visit to a tobacco shop where the aromas all come at you from different angles and smack you in the face individually. I've been told at work that this smells like a nice cigar or pipe tobacco, even without telling others what flavor the juice is. It's absolutely convincing.

Vapor production is actually pretty decent for a PG heavy liquid. Nothing exceptional, though: no cloud chasing here in this bottle. It doesn't linger in the air particularly long, but is still far thicker, denser, and wetter than a PG heavy liquid has a right to be. Still, I'd love to see an option to choose your juice ratio and see what this stuff drips like at 100% VG. Too bad that's not an option.

The more you vape this juice, the more the coil breaks in to it. The first tank is a bit on the bitter side. After that, it's smooth city with just a tinge of bitterness to round it off. Just the way a good tobacco should be. As stated earlier, I also get exceptional coil life from this juice.

Overall, I'm really, really impressed with Reaper Blend. I vaped this all the time until I got heavy into my own DIY NET liquids last year. Don't get me wrong, my NET 12 tobacco concoction is an EXCEPTIONAL, complex, full VG juice that presents itself far more convincingly as the real deal (because it's entirely derived from the real deal with no additional anything) and it's still my go to liquid for sub-ohm and RDA vaping. But this stuff is nice... REALLY nice. And there's no mistaking that this liquid is extracted... at least in part... from real tobacco leaves. I don't know why I took it out of my rotation when I ran out of it last year... a bit of DIY snobbery, I suppose. That'll learn me!

This past July 4th weekend, I ordered a five bottle stash from Rocket Fuel Vapes with their 40% off coupon and free shipping. I'm glad I did. I'm keeping this in my rotation from now on for use primarily with my stealthier, higher resistance setups while I'm on the go or at work.

All in all, you get exactly what Rocket Fuel Vapes advertises... this is a GREAT representation of real tobacco. It's tough to categorize the strength of the tobacco flavor, though. Rocket Fuel Vapes succeeded in successfully blending these 6 tobaccos without blending their flavors and strength into one generic lump. If I had to, I'd call this a strong-medium tobacco or a moderate-full tobacco flavor. It's certainly neither mild nor bold, though there are aspects of both mild and bold tobaccos in the mix. Like I said, give it a tank or two to break in your coil before you call judgement on this juice... that initial bitterness DOES subside substantially after the coil acclimates to the liquid. After that, it's pure flavor country from this exceptionally rich and luxurious e liquid. I can't recommend it enough... unless you just don't do tobacco flavors. If you don't, you won't like this stuff at all. My only real complaint is the high PG content and not having an option to choose a PG:VG ratio for dripping purposes. Not a huge deal, though... this stuff still rocks. Definitely keeping a stash of this on hand from now on.

Oh, and just FYI, sub-ohm chain vaping this with 10 consecutive, six second hits is NOT recommended at 6mg nicotine... not on a Subtank Plus, anyhow. Talk about dizzy and light headed! Ye be warned!

Check out the juice here:
E-Liquid | Reaper Blend Tobacco | Rocket Fuel Vapes
If you want to pick some up, use the discount code "ECF10" to get 10% off. Keep an eye out, too. Twice this year, already, Rocket Fuel Vapes has had separate 40% off sales... there's bound to be another at some point.

See Spinfuel's review here:
Don’t Fear The (Rocket Fuel Vapes) Reaper - Spinfuel eMagazine

eliquid-reaper-30-600x600.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Icey

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
Spinfuel posted a discount code good for 20% off of all purchases at Rocket Fuel Vapes for the rest of the summer. Use code "V84M2" at checkout. As always, orders over $50 ship free. With four 30 ml bottles, the order comes out to $51.20, shipped free. That's less than 43 cents per mililiter. Not bad.

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
Rocket Fuel is offering 120ml bottles now. Reaper Blend at 120m is $58... with the 20% off code, thats $46.40 or just over $53 shipped. Not bad for a premium NET liquid... and a great tasting one, to boot... now if they'd just offer different PG/VG ratios... I'd love to see this as a max VG dripping liquid.

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
I'm very picky when it comes to "tobacco" flavor juices. Let alone the earth tones I tend to avoid the most.
I hear you. This one's not particularly earthy at all. Most of what you'll get up front is the Cavendish and Perique flavors. It's actually pretty mellow once the coil acclimates to the liquid (about a tankful). It's very slightly sweet (mostly the Cavendish and Perique fermenting processes), but has a distinct tobacco bite to it. Good stuff.

Icey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2010
Skokie
Just got the juice. Not too thrilled to be honest. It's a bit bland, and boring to the taste buds. I was expecting a little more but instead with less expectations. They're so bland that not even can it be satisfied on an RDA. I'm not totally knocking off of rocketfuel vapes, maybe to other people it tastes good, but to me, it's just not there for me. Something is missing, & it requires a little more than just "flavor" or sweetness.

I ordered the Cherry popsicle thing, cherry limenade, & well...

Only one I found it to be appealing was the mojoito.

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
Just got the juice. Not too thrilled to be honest. It's a bit bland, and boring to the taste buds. I was expecting a little more but instead with less expectations. They're so bland that not even can it be satisfied on an RDA. I'm not totally knocking off of rocketfuel vapes, maybe to other people it tastes good, but to me, it's just not there for me. Something is missing, & it requires a little more than just "flavor" or sweetness.

I ordered the Cherry popsicle thing, cherry limenade, & well...

Only one I found it to be appealing was the mojoito.
Sorry to hear you didn't care for Reaper Blend... aside from my own DIY conconction, it's my favorite tobacco e liquid. But, taste is subjective, and that's why we try new things.

Icey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2010
Skokie
Sorry to hear you didn't care for Reaper Blend... aside from my own DIY conconction, it's my favorite tobacco e liquid. But, taste is subjective, and that's why we try new things.

I'm deeply aware. Just throwing in my two cents of the reflection of these juice.

Reactions: Cloudmann
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread