Eleaf GS Air Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

skrymir

Jul 14, 2015
Canada
It really is stupid... I saw it for $30 art vape nw but they charge an extra $10 to ship to Canada. I may just go with fasttech or cvapor since I know they will ship here and it will be free. Something about efun.top makes me nervous so I'm not going to use them.

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods
It really is stupid... I saw it for $30 art vape nw but they charge an extra $10 to ship to Canada. I may just go with fasttech or cvapor since I know they will ship here and it will be free. Something about efun.top makes me nervous so I'm not going to use them.
Yes, I cannot understand why such a markup on mailing. I bought a part the other day for 5 dollars and the shipping cost was more than the part (8.50), and it definitely wasn't the weight! :facepalm:

Cirus

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2014
Texas
I recently decided to try to make the switch to vaping (again..3rd times a charm right?) and I purchased an istick 30w and a Nautilus mini. The mini has leaked out of the air hole pretty much since day 3 and I posted on here asking for help and someone suggested I try the GS Air. I stumbled onto this post earlier and have been reading through page after page but there are so many pages! I just want to know if anyone uses 100% VG in this and if so how did it perform ?
I didn't see anyone mention this to you specifically (sorry if someone did) or if you've read it earlier in the thread, but the newly released gs-tank does not have the vent hole on the bottom of the 510 connector which will eliminate leaking into your battery.

Cirus

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2014
Texas
The most difficult part is figuring out the flavor you want... seriously. From there, go to this link... eveything you need to know, and it does the math for you!
DIY e-juice | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators
Here's another calculator. Just as good, maybe a bit simpler to interpret:
e-Liquid Calculator:: New recipe
Create a free account and you can save recipes and notes for yourself, too.
Thank you! The second link isn't working though.

Reactions: Cloudmann

Cirus

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2014
Texas
These videos are a good overview to see the process of mixing if you have never seen it before. One is done mixing by volume and the other is done mixing by weight. I like weight because it is quick and clean, but both methods are easy to do.

Volume:

Weight:

Thank you!

Yup!

Try Bill's 100 DT method. Doesn't get any easier than that. :D
Thank you!

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
Is it the reaper blend you keep mentioning? Is that the six-leaf extracted tobacco from rfv? I'm not finding a vg/pg ratio. I can't handle much vg.
Yep. That's the one. It's a 70/30 PG/VG ratio. Pretty thin stuff. Really thin for my taste (I'm a 100% VG type of guy), but MAN the stuff is good. I quit vaping it for a while, after I started DIY, but am wondering why, now... it's (IMO, anyhow) the best commercial tobacco e liquid out there. Only custom blended NET DIY liquids have been better in my experience (and I'm a self-proclaimed tobacco e liquid nut... I don't vape anything else).

Spinfuel awarded it their 2014 tobacco e liquid of the year award and their 2014 overall e liquid of the year award... and deservedly so.

I posted an ECF review here:
Rocket Fuel Vapes - Reaper Blend 6 Tobacco E liquid | E-Cigarette Forum

I provided links and a 20% discount code (the code is in the first reply I made).

skrymir

Jul 14, 2015
Canada

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

AllElseFailed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2015
Champaign, IL
Always, always buy the smallest bottle you can find--3 or 5 ml, if possible, 10 ml tops... I have a box in my closet labeled "taste is subjective"... :D

That's so funny, I have a Jewelry Bag that hangs in my closet. I call that the "Deep Steep". Basically where I put everything that is not vapeable to me...

images
This isn't a picture of mine, obviously, since mine is filled with juice, but it gives you an idea of what I'm talking about!

Cirus

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2014
Texas
Yep. That's the one. It's a 70/30 PG/VG ratio. Pretty thin stuff. Really thin for my taste (I'm a 100% VG type of guy), but MAN the stuff is good. I quit vaping it for a while, after I started DIY, but am wondering why, now... it's (IMO, anyhow) the best commercial tobacco e liquid out there. Only custom blended NET DIY liquids have been better in my experience (and I'm a self-proclaimed tobacco e liquid nut... I don't vape anything else).

Spinfuel awarded it their 2014 tobacco e liquid of the year award and their 2014 overall e liquid of the year award... and deservedly so.

I posted an ECF review here:
Rocket Fuel Vapes - Reaper Blend 6 Tobacco E liquid | E-Cigarette Forum

I provided links and a 20% discount code (the code is in the first reply I made).
Bought a 10ml bottle to try. Thanks! I just spent $80 at Halo for 4 bottles and it will be nice to reduce this monthly spending with reaper blend and dyi juice.

Reactions: Cloudmann

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Like I mentioned earlier. What some DIY-ers do is buy Nicotine Base at the mg/ml level that they vape at and then just add some Flavoring and or Sweetener.

Not Recommending this company (although I have heard Good Things about them). Just posting it so you can get an Idea of cost of buying Nicotine Base in 6mg/ml

3mg/mL - 36mg/mL Nicotine Base - Nude Nicotine

Of course, you will need some Flavoring and or Sweetener. So for maybe 25 Bucks more you would have the Raw Ingredients to make about 500ml of Finished e-Liquids in a Handful of different Flavors.

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
Bought a 10ml bottle to try. Thanks! I just spent $80 at Halo for 4 bottles and it will be nice to reduce this monthly spending with reaper blend and dyi juice.
Reaper Blend is FAR superior to anything Halo has... and Halo's tobaccos are actually pretty good. I think you'll be pleased.

For DIY, just stand by and be prepared for a bit of trial and error until you get your desired mix figured out. Once you do, it's easy to replicate a successful mix. Also, DIY saves money, but when you are getting started, you'll have some startup costs like VG, PG, nic base, and flavoring. The flavoring is the only part that's a steadily recurring expense... the VG, PG, and nic bases last a while.

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
Has anyone compared the GS 1.2Ohm pure cotton with the 1.2Ohm BCC pure cotton (used in eg the GS16)?

dsc_5495.jpg

I imagine it should work quite well. Does the coils (not the heads!) have the same diameter?
Not sure of the coil diameter... haven't broken any of mine apart. Makes sense (for mass manufacturimg purposes) that these 1.2 ohm coil wraps are identical to the GS Air 1.2 ohm coil wraps. The wicking holes are substantially larger on the BCC coils than on the older BDC coils... maybe 600-800% larger... really. They do wick well, but don't have anywhere near the amount of wicking that the GS Air coils have, and the advertised 20 watt capability is a bit generous... they'll do 20 watts with a 50/50 or thinner juice, but not with anything much heavier. They'll do max VG, but at something like 15 watts max. That said, they DO perform tons better than the older BDC coils, all around.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bukket5
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread