Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
I like them both, but I just bought the VC4. I leaned toward the VC4, because it charges both Li-ion and Ni-MH/Ni-CD batteries.

That's not actually an advantage. Dual mode chargers like the VC4 cannot recover Li-On batteries that have been pushed under voltage. While the VP4 can bring back a Li-On battery that's been driven to nearly zero volts the VC4 will never get it off the ground.

EJAB

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2014
North Las Vegas, Nevada,U.S.A.
That's not actually an advantage. Dual mode chargers like the VC4 cannot recover Li-On batteries that have been pushed under voltage. While the VP4 can bring back a Li-On battery that's been driven to nearly zero volts the VC4 will never get it off the ground.
That may be true for you, but not for me:ohmy: I take care of my Li-ion batteries in a proper manner, so "saving" neglected batteries doesn't apply to me and I like the fact that you can charge Ni-MH/Ni-CD (AA,AAA,C,etc,) as well. The VP4 is perfect for a new/absent minded vaper that over-discharges their batteries, but the VC4 is great for those vapers that have an understanding of Li-ion batteries and desire more charging options from their charger..
EDIT: The VC4 does have the "0V activation" function, just like the VP4. I had to double check to make sure. Do some research before you post "misleading" information :facepalm:

Last edited:

EJAB

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2014
I'm not really sure what those battery's are? Are they what I'm using now like my samsungs, Sonys, mxjo?
Samsung, AW, Sony, eFest, and MNKE are rechargeable Li-ion batteries ("Li" printed on battery). Ni-MH/Ni-CD rechargeable batteries are the "common" batteries (AAA, AA, D and C) that we use every day (remote controls ,clocks, radios. etc...).

EJAB

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2014
I own both
Both work great
The only real advantage to the VP is being able to charge at ,1 amp and includes an external power supply
I use my vc for the car
The VC4 can charge a 1 amp if you only use bays #1 and #4. That sucks that it can't be used as a "power" bank, but I've been using my trusty Xtar WP2 as a power source for when I'm out and about.

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
VP would be best for the OP's needs imo. The VC's have the capability to charge batteries other than Li-on.

Xtar VP is the best choice imo. I like the 2's over the 4's. Even the VP1 would be better than the VC for eCig batts, in fact, if you want to save a bit, and you can find one, I'd recommend the VP1. 26650 will not fit however, if that is important.

Last edited:

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
VP would be best for the OP's needs the VC's have the capability to charge batteries other than Li-on.

They do not have the capability to restore over-discharged Li-on batteries.

Xtar VP .... I like the 2's over the 4's. Even the VP1 would be better than the VC eCig batts, in fact, if you want to save a bit, and you can find one, I'd recommend the VP1. 26650 will not fit however, if that is important.

Why do people keep saying this? they both have it

People really should learn to read product descriptions

Reactions: Baditude

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Note to ballerbrian; was at rite aid yesterday and saw a charger that claims to charge non rechargeable batteries , I'm not endorsing it but it looked interesting

I have a very old Saitek 4-bay "smart" charger from the 1980s-90s that recharges regular household alkaline batteries using a microprocessor and trickle charge. As far as I know, it's no longer made (I presume the battery companies killed it, since "rechargeable" batteries have much higher profit margins for them). Only three bays work on mine at this point, but it's wonderful---if I don't drain alkaline batteries too far, I can get four or five recharges per battery. It's saved me a ton of money over the past three decades.

Reactions: Kemosabe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread