Status
Not open for further replies.

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
Yikes! Guess I missed that post, is that what they are using in the Hana's?

Unless they discovered a jst look a like capable of 10x the rated amps for a standard jst rcy but I don't think so

0b0fe40067a7b8a01e048b12a9ed0668.jpg

That sure looks like a jst rcy

Regards
Tony

Sent from my keyboard through my phone or something like that.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Sorry to hear about the screen on that, I'm sure they will take care of it but that's a PITA. That's another benefit of being able to connect to the computer, you can still see everything.

Yikes! Guess I missed that post, is that what they are using in the Hana's?
The post was in the other thread.
2upzgon.jpg
23k9hr9.jpg

Reactions: SlickWilly

SlickWilly

Tinkerer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
NY
So I'm playing with the software for the first time today, I went through all the tutorial but I think I need to go over it again. Right now I'm letting it get to a full charge while watching the graph in device Monitor. What has me curious is how they are getting "room temperature"? How can they read the room temp off the board when inside a mod and the board temp is higher? For giggles I set my Fluke with a Fluke thermocouple next to the mod and it's only about 3-4 deg off, mod temp higher which isn't a surprise but still impressed it's that close!

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
And now there are 2 :)
I sprayed one with Polyurethane and left one raw, I want to see how the raw one holds up?
I have both setup with Dual coils one on TI & one on NI
Really have to thank all the contributors to the thread. With out a combined effort like we have, It would have been a lot harder.
Really enjoying these 2 new mods :)
I'm expecting my RMA'ed 200 back probably this week.
I have an other BRD enclosure and a Gens Ace 1300, but I just mite order another smaller Lipo and the replica Beta Mod on SW, Or buy more DNA 200's :)
I want a smaller DNA 200 mod now. It just never stops with the wanting :) I bet KTMRider knows about that :)

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
Any inside pics, I'm not screwing up my second board. But placing the screen is hard when the ground and output are already attached. I'm thinking with the other board I'm going to mount the board and screen before attaching the two top wires

No Problem Bud :) You no if worse come to worse You can send me your stuff and I will put it together for you.
I'm pretty busy but can find time on the weekends :)

SlickWilly

Tinkerer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
NY
So after about 5 minutes of soldering with that 60w iron the tip basically dissolved. Smh. And I had a negative wire slip and some sparks flew and ... I fried the board. I'm a train wreck lol

Man I'm sorry to hear that, I was hoping you'd have some success. Well is it back to the drawing board? Myself, I'm not a quitter, chalk it up as the required learning experience, learn from the mistakes, research, learn more, practice and move forward. Tomorrow always gives us the opportunity to be a better day, it may not be but sooner or later the sun will shine. :)

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
So after about 5 minutes of soldering with that 60w iron the tip basically dissolved. Smh. And I had a negative wire slip and some sparks flew and ... I fried the board. I'm a train wreck lol

Can't like that, Pdiz. It does make the case for a slightly larger enclosure and a plug on the battery though. As ham handed as I can be I'll bet I'd let all the smoke out of everything, board and battery, trying that.

Reactions: SlickWilly

BlueridgeDog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2014
Rocky Mount, VA, USA
No Problem Bud :) You no if worse come to worse You can send me your stuff and I will put it together for you.
I'm pretty busy but can find time on the weekends :)

impressive 510 wire. I had to do a loop for strain relief, plus I make it long enough to do the soldering outside. Well done.

Cotay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
Central Coast California
So the U-Frame build went reasonably well today. My wife was out for the afternoon, so the build took longer than I wanted while I was watching the kids. I had it all put together and started having odd battery issues...tracked it down to a cold solder on the balance connector. After a teardown and minor re-solder of the connector it's working great! I like the look with the black VT 510 and rounded black buttons. It's definitely big at 98mm x 65mm x 28mm, but it feels really good in the hand (and I don't have exceptionally large hands), especially with the rounded back facing the palm.

20150801_175316.jpg

Too bad my build partner fell asleep and left me to do all of the work. :D

20150801_083815.jpg

Last edited:

Cotay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
Central Coast California
impressive 510 wire. I had to do a loop for strain relief, plus I make it long enough to do the soldering outside. Well done.

Indeed...I always leave way too much wire since I'm concerned about wire strain.

Novcon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2012
Indiana
Stumbled across this "helping hand jig" made for the RC crowd, kinda neat!

The Jigs Up

I own one of these and it works fantastic. It's designed for bullet and deans connectors. That's exactly what I use for the RC toys.

SlickWilly

Tinkerer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
NY
So with all this nice mods being posted I thought I would brush finish my one.
20150802_034402_Copy.jpg

20150802_054801_Copy.jpg

Looks good VB! I had a O-S moment this afternoon when I went to take my atty off, the 510 started to spin..... I was able to clamp the thin edges of the 510 in my vise with brass jaws, then I was able to get a open end 12mm wrench on the nut inside the box and crank it down good and tight without marring anything. It's been working great! Only problem I'm having is with the software, under Device Monitor the way points for the graph move up and down as the readings change when I fire the mod but they don't scroll across the screen to the left, they stay at the right edge. I've tried everything I can think of, even rolled back to older versions of the software twice and still won't work right. I may have to grab a screen shot video and ask the boys on the Evolv forum about it. Well I'm taking my new toy with me, going to bed and watch some TV until I fall asleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread