Status
Not open for further replies.

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR
Like I mentioned earlier. What some DIY-ers do is buy Nicotine Base at the mg/ml level that they vape at and then just add some Flavoring and or Sweetener.

Not Recommending this company (although I have heard Good Things about them). Just posting it so you can get an Idea of cost of buying Nicotine Base in 6mg/ml

3mg/mL - 36mg/mL Nicotine Base - Nude Nicotine

Of course, you will need some Flavoring and or Sweetener. So for maybe 25 Bucks more you would have the Raw Ingredients to make about 500ml of Finished e-liquids in a Handful of different Flavors.

That's what I did for awhile when I first started DIY. I got my ready made base at EcigExpress:

1mg-24mg E-Liquid Nicotine - Unflavored Nicotine Bases - E-Liquid

They also have flavors from all the major flavor manufacturers and some of the lab ware you need. Doing it this way is a lot easier when you get started. A lot less mixing. All you need to do is add in your flavorings. And you'll still save a lot of money.

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
Yep. That's the one. It's a 70/30 PG/VG ratio. Pretty thin stuff. Really thin for my taste (I'm a 100% VG type of guy), but MAN the stuff is good. I quit vaping it for a while, after I started DIY, but am wondering why, now... it's (IMO, anyhow) the best commercial tobacco e liquid out there. Only custom blended NET DIY liquids have been better in my experience (and I'm a self-proclaimed tobacco e liquid nut... I don't vape anything else).

Spinfuel awarded it their 2014 tobacco e liquid of the year award and their 2014 overall e liquid of the year award... and deservedly so.

I posted an ECF review here:
Rocket Fuel Vapes - Reaper Blend 6 Tobacco E liquid | E-Cigarette Forum

I provided links and a 20% discount code (the code is in the first reply I made).
Thanks Cloudmann, I bought a 30ml bottle to check this out after lookin at the reviews. I'm hopin my wife will like it with a touch of menthol. I haven't made a good tobacco yet. Can't seem to find a decent flavoring.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
That's what I did for awhile when I first started DIY. I got my ready made base at EcigExpress:

They also have flavors from all the major flavor manufacturers and some of the lab ware you need. Doing it this way is a lot easier when you get started. A lot less mixing. All you need to do is add in your flavorings. And you'll still save a lot of money.

Exactly!

I think it is a great Way to Ease into DIY.

Sometimes I read about People buying all this Stuff (Nic Base, PG, VG, Syringes, Graduated Cylinders, Scales, Glass Flasks, Pipettes, etc, etc, etc.) and they seem kinda Overwhelmed. T

That and they just Dropped 200 Bucks (or More!).

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
Thanks Cloudmann, I bought a 30ml bottle to check this out after lookin at the reviews. I'm hopin my wife will like it with a touch of menthol. I haven't made a good tobacco yet. Can't seem to find a decent flavoring.
It's a really, REALLY good tobacco... like I said, the best retail one IMO, even better than Goodejuice Patriot or all of the single leaf varieties Black Note has (exceptional line of NET liquids, btw). It's just an expertly blended combination of GREAT natural extracts and the combination of flavors is what makes it so good. That said, I'm not sure what menthol would do to it. Try it in a small 2-3 ml sample. Maybe 1 ml, honestly. I smoked menthol cigarettes for 26 years. Even among premium, top shelf NETs (even the supremely regarded Black Note Solo), I've never come across a convincing menthol tobacco vape... I honestly don't think it's doable... they all taste like a nice mint vape (pleasant, but not what the menthol smoker looks for) or like a tobacco leaf laced with sports cream. Something I discovered while searching for the perfect menthol tobacoo vape is that I never really liked menthol at all... I smoked menthol to cover the burning taste of combusting tobacco and paper in my cigarettes. I usually got the most enjoyment from smoking cigars and pipes... cigarettes were a means to feed the monkey on my back and the menthol made it palatable. When I came to that realization, I went to naturally extracted cigar and pipe tobacco liquids and discovered that since the whole combustion thing was taken out of the equation, I enjoyed the liquids much more than I ever did the real thing. Never have I looked back.

Just food for thought. Your mileage (and your wife's) may vary a little or a lot. I think you both will like the liquid, at any rate. Enjoy!

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
The GS 16 coils can't be used in the GS Airs. The bases are different. The GS 16's just push in to the base and the airs screw in. You can use a GS Air base on a GS 16 so they use the same coils. The GS 16 coils can't be rebuilt either.
Yep. I didn't mention that in all of my rambling. I own a GS16S and used one of these coils in it for testing purposes. It's something I'm going to vape-it-forward along with 2 packs of coils (minus the used coil) and my old 10W iStick Mini to someone interested in transitioning to vaping. Great starter kit all together.

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
Thanks again CM. I was a menthol smoker, but I plan to do this stuff straight. If I can manage to slightly frost it for her without taking the flavor away then it may work. Menthol tobaccos are usually mint or menthol overkill. I got tired of spendin money tryin them and tryin to diy something she liked. Maybe this will do it for her.

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
Yep. I didn't mention that in all of my rambling. I own a GS16S and used one of these coils in it for testing purposes. It's something I'm going to vape-it-forward along with 2 packs of coils (minus the used coil) and my old 10W iStick Mini to someone interested in transitioning to vaping. Great starter kit all together.
I use my GS16S's everyday with a GS Aur base. It's perfect on top of a 10W mini istick. :)

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
I use my GS16S's everyday with a GS Aur base. It's perfect on top of a 10W mini istick. :)
Good to know. I had no idea the bases were interchangeable... I don't own a GS Air... may have to get one, now. That would make this kit a bit more future proof for my vape-it-forward recepient. She's a 40+ year smoker, set in her ways.

Time to visit Rocky Mountain Vapor, again... oh well, it's an excuse to get something small for myself to get free shipping...

I really need to stop reasoning myself into new purchases! Or not... ;)

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
Thanks again CM. I was a menthol smoker, but I plan to do this stuff straight. If I can manage to slightly frost it for her without taking the flavor away then it may work. Menthol tobaccos are usually mint or menthol overkill. I got tired of spendin money tryin them and tryin to diy something she liked. Maybe this will do it for her.
Yep. No worries. Use a high quality menthol and use it sparingly... should work out... I just never developed a taste for menthol tobacco vapes, myself.

Reactions: IMRs

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Not Recommending this company (although I have heard Good Things about them). Just posting it so you can get an Idea of cost of buying Nicotine Base in 6mg/ml

3mg/mL - 36mg/mL Nicotine Base - Nude Nicotine

Great company! I've ordered from them before and they carry very high quality products. They also offer a free 15 ml sample bottle for new customers--they just ask for 2 bucks to cover shipping costs.

Nicotine Sample Request - Nude Nicotine

My other favorite is Vapers Tek--probably the cleanest tasting nic base in the world.

Vapers Tek

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Great company! I've ordered from them before and they carry very high quality products. They also offer a free 15 ml sample bottle for new customers--they just ask for 2 bucks to cover shipping costs.

My other favorite is Vapers Tek--probably the cleanest tasting nic base in the world.

Vapers Tek

I have heard Very Good things about Both of these Companies.

And even Money Aside, I think it would be Wise for Anyone who vapes to try their hand at DIY Now.

Because we just Don't Know what the Deeming Rules and Regs are going to Look Like. And how quickly Some of them regarding e-Liquids may be Imposed.

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR

Vapers Tek

I recently got one of those sample vials of 100mg nic from Nude Nicotine, and it was excellent. I'm thinking seriously about buying a liter of their extended shelf life nicotine for long-term freezer storage and wanted to try it out first.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC

Did you like the flavor of their Nic bases Linda? I've heard some describe some vendors Nic bases as "peppery" and have Vaped some liquids that tasted that way so want to try some really good stuff. I want to try vaping some pg/vg unflavored and thought about buying some pg based Nic and vg based Nic and then mixing the pg/vg ratios I want :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread