GLASSMANOAK'S Contest Thread #103 ...for WINNERS and with MULTIPLE WINNERS !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiggerrts

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2012
Texas
8/1 #2

I do not disagree with anything you said, but I have to ask why this rant is in a contest thread...
View attachment 477095
8/1 - 5: We are allowed to discuss the good and bad, what is going on in life. We discuss having a loss of family, an operation, or politics so long as we are not evil to others. You may be right in that this is a contest thread and we are to be jolly, but all post things like their car needs repair, their husband/wife/other is ill or needs help. Then one has to wonder why if all those posts are allowed that are less than happy, why not this one? Not degrading to you in any way, but I have to ask; why is the populace not wanting to speak about it?
:tumble:

CountBoredom

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
San Diego, CA, USA
8/1 #2
My condolences, Angel. That is terrible news.

Sunset_behind_palm_trees.jpg

angelphyre

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
MS Gulf Coast/NOLA
8/1
4. Thanks for the hugs guys...I'm just still in shock really...I mean no one even knew he was that sick...my boss has lunch with him every week and she had no idea, although she did say today that now a lot of his actions in the last few weeks made sense now...I just feel for his family...like a friend of mine pointed out, it's not fair, they never got a chance to say goodbye...that's what those who do something like that don't realize...the devastation they leave behind. So sad for all.:(

(Angel, I got an extra helping of the dirty fries just for you).
Haha, thanks Count...and for the laugh too...I needed that! :)

Fuzzy Thunderbear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2015
NOWHERE, SD, USA
8/1 #6
why is the populace not wanting to speak about it
Oh, I do want to speak about it. I just thought there might be a special place for that. I adore that flag (your avatar) by the way, and I was born and raised in the north, but I also studied history, not just watching bad TV movies. I know the confederate battle flag (not your avatar this time) has nothing to do with slavery and everything to do with standing up to the dominance the feds want to exert on everyone. I also believe Lincoln was a bad president, not the glowing star everyone makes him out to be. But to understand all that, you have to study, and most people are too lazy to learn anything except what the boob tube tells them.

080 South Falls from below.JPG

CountBoredom

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
San Diego, CA, USA
8/1 #3
why is the populace not wanting to speak about it?
The "populace" does nothing because they are distracted. We are faced with more decisions in today's world than ever before: Go to the supermarket and you have to decide what cereal you want to buy. Organic or cheap? Plastic or paper? Need gas? Which station has cheaper price? What phone should I get? What apps should I get for my phone? Answer phone. Answer email. Answer text. Answer Twitter. Speaking of social media, look at these cute pictures of kittens! I need a new office chair--gotta research that because there are so many. Oh, and a new computer? What processor/memory/hard drive (SSS?)/keyboard/monitor? What, I can't buy a single copy of Office--it's a service now? What other options do I have? More research. Bills come. Junk mail comes. Your credit card company is changing it's terms. They're raising their interest rate. They're changing their privacy policy. What was the old policy and how is this different? Oh, don't agree? Cancel. Now you need a new card. More research. More bills mean you need to work more. More hours. Lower pay. Less insurance--or no insurance. Need to research insurance. How much am I paying for car insurance? Can I pay less? More research. Whew, I'm exhausted.... maybe I'll just sit and watch some TV. What's on? Which of the 100+ channels is it on? I don't get that one...? I need to pay more for an extra package? Why am I paying so much for TV? Forget it... I'll just watch what's on this channel. Oh, it's news. Who wants to watch news? It's all so depressing.... why don't I watch one of the other 120+ channels I'm paying for...?

People should be

mad-as-hell.jpg

but they're just too tired of it all...

865638-palm-tree-pictures.jpg

DaleH1985

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2015
West Virginia
8/1/15

Vaping has really changed my life. I was a 1 to 2 pack a day smoker. I started vaping and dropped the smokes over 2 months ago. I already breathe better, things smell better, and I don't carry around that awful smell anymore.
ash-tree-autumn-008.jpg

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
8/1
Is this really the first post since the announcement? Man, have I been busy...

Conga rats, @CountBoredom!

Thanks @glassmanoak & @Uncle

Sorry about your loss @angelphyre

Welcome @DaleH1985 !

Well, I did go to the Cloud Competition. What a crowd! Of course, you can't see most of 'em through the haze, but there were likely 30 - 40 people crammed into this shop not much larger than my own great room at home. They did not want the clouds to disipate, so there was nearly no ventilation... in central Arkansas... in August... with 40 people in the same room. HOT is not the word!

I was about 10 minutes late, and I came with my 26650 so I was not allowed into the first round which was single 18650 only. Instead, I had to be in the "outlaw" class. Needless to say, I had no chance. I stepped up and tried, though.

I did come home with a new tank. I got a US Zephyrus. I put in the blue o-rings and it's setting pretty on my blue iStick 50. The black eLeaf Lemo that was in the iStick is perched up on the new black EHPRO SPD A5. Purty!
8245906cc021fa79740f83c88a635add.jpg

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
8/1
8/1 #6

Dale - Congrats on 2 months! Keep on truckin'! :thumb:

Shawn - Ugh, the heat, but I'm glad you tried. ;)
I'm waiting on a Zephyrus! It's been stuck in TX for the past week. :cry:

Good Night / G'Mornin' Tree Fam!

:tumble:
fd71538f5afab2a40deb9b14e7ce6aac.jpg
8e646c43ce5850c7a40594ee8838e418.jpg

New pretties. @rangerobin I guarantee you paid less lol I have been eyeing it for a,while, and wanted to support them for putting on the event.
08776f61db68642499ac5d6cf9747313.jpg

angelphyre

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
MS Gulf Coast/NOLA
8/1
5. Welcome to the Treehouse Dale, and congrats on giving up the stinkies. You'll like the iStick. It's a great little device. I love all of mine.

Well Shawn, at least you can say you tried...I'm surprised with all the pent up heat and all those clouds that a rainstorm didn't happen right there in the shop! :laugh:

Well it's time for me to call it a night...it's been a very emotionally draining day...just gonna go crawl into bed and watch one of my favorite movies, McClintock...I love John Wayne! G'night Treefam.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
8/1
8/1
5. Welcome to the Treehouse Dale, and congrats on giving up the stinkies. You'll like the iStick. It's a great little device. I love all of mine.

Well Shawn, at least you can say you tried...I'm surprised with all the pent up heat and all those clouds that a rainstorm didn't happen right there in the shop! [emoji23]

Well it's time for me to call it a night...it's been a very emotionally draining day...just gonna go crawl into bed and watch one of my favorite movies, McClintock...I love John Wayne! G'night Treefam.

Too hot to rain!

The iStick wasn't the new pretty... the Zephyrus tank was. I have all of the iSticks... 10 mini through 50, with the 100 on pre-order :)
86163c55a0045707705dacd96412578f.jpg

Reactions: KatzWh1skers
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread