SXmini M Class (TEMP CONTROL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdrice15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2014
Barnarsdville, NC
I received my Sx Mini M class a couple of days ago v2.2 which seems to be latest version, although there are two versions of 2.2 so confusing for a 74 year old.
I plan on using Ti when it arrives in a few days.
So I assume that its ok to use Ti in TC mode without this upgrade, I spent last night trying to download with out success btw that was before I read the above post.

Edit: forgot to mention I tried using my Atlantis with ready made Ni coils vAir-t 0.25 Ohm, results were very disappointing to say the least I had the rotating air holes fully open but taste and vapour production very poor.
Any helpful comments welcome.
I didn't have any luck using those brand coils. Got the Vaporshark atlantis ni200 coils and work better.

Reactions: footbag

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
I received my Sx Mini M class a couple of days ago v2.2 which seems to be latest version, although there are two versions of 2.2 so confusing for a 74 year old.
I plan on using Ti when it arrives in a few days.
So I assume that its ok to use Ti in TC mode without this upgrade, I spent last night trying to download with out success btw that was before I read the above post.

Edit: forgot to mention I tried using my Atlantis with ready made Ni coils vAir-t 0.25 Ohm, results were very disappointing to say the least I had the rotating air holes fully open but taste and vapour production very poor.
Any helpful comments welcome.

Burnie,

I don't know anything about two versions of 2.2 but v2.3 a test version has been up for about a month now. If you are having trouble down loading it PM your email address and I will download a fresh copy and send it to you.

It does Ni200 and Titanium. For me it does Titanium fairly well.

Reactions: JimScotty0

JimScotty0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Garden Grove, CA, USA
www.facebook.com
Burnie,

I don't know anything about two versions of 2.2 but v2.3 a test version has been up for about a month now. If you are having trouble down loading it PM your email address and I will download a fresh copy and send it to you.

You are using Ti in Ti mode on the SXM?

JimScotty0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Garden Grove, CA, USA
www.facebook.com
Well then I guess then that I am not going crazy or part of a new Twilight Zone plot using Ti mode because it has been working well for me too.

My personal feeling is that more than the wire and build itself, which is very important, the wicking is the key to getting a consistent warm vape that most seem to desire. If my wicking is not up to par the TC kicks in and just limits my vape due to lack of ejuice. If I were not using TC then it would have been dry hit city. When using the build in this anemic way the vape is cool and the results are poor. Sometimes it is right on the edge where you are getting vapor but just not enough to give that full satisfaction.

But when the wicking just works and is delivering, you can then push the temp as needed and the ejuice will just flow in nicely giving the satisfaction we all desire.

Am I hitting on something here? Could it be the Ti and wicking combination that may need more attention for those who are having a disappointing time with the SXM in Ti mode? :tumble:

Reactions: druckle

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
Well then I guess then that I am not going crazy or part of a new Twilight Zone plot using Ti mode because it has been working well for me too.

My personal feeling is that more than the wire and build itself, which is very important, the wicking is the key to getting a consistent warm vape that most seem to desire. If my wicking is not up to par the TC kicks in and just limits my vape due to lack of ejuice. If I were not using TC then it would have been dry hit city. When using the build in this anemic way the vape is cool and the results are poor. Sometimes it is right on the edge where you are getting vapor but just not enough to give that full satisfaction.

But when the wicking just works and is delivering, you can then push the temp as needed and the ejuice will just flow in nicely giving the satisfaction we all desire.

Am I hitting on something here? Could it be the Ti and wicking combination that may need more attention for those who are having a disappointing time with the SXM in Ti mode? :tumble:

Jim,

I think the wicking is the main ingredient no matter what your are using for the coil.

My Ti builds are the same as the Ni builds. I use a 4mm ID Coil and then spend the time to trim the wick so that is doesn't restrict the juice flow. If I don't see bubbles coming up when I vape I go back in thru the drip tip and adjust the wick with a long carpet needle until the juice and the wick start to make love. ;)

Right now I am running 4mm ID Ti 4-5 turns 24 Ga, 0.18 ohms. and Rayon wick not overly pack to prevent it from choking off the juice.
My Atty is a Lemo 2, 450 TP which I don't hit (comes close but horse shoes...) Wattage/joules @ 25 and it just vapes away.

JimScotty0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Garden Grove, CA, USA
www.facebook.com
Jim,

I think the wicking is the main ingredient no matter what your are using for the coil.

My Ti builds are the same as the Ni builds. I use a 4mm ID Coil and then spend the time to trim the wick so that is doesn't restrict the juice flow. If I don't see bubbles coming up when I vape I go back in thru the drip tip and adjust the wick with a long carpet needle until the juice and the wick start to make love. ;)

Right now I am running 4mm ID Ti 4-5 turns 24 Ga, 0.18 ohms. and Rayon wick not overly pack to prevent it from choking off the juice.
My Atty is a Lemo 2, 450 TP which I don't hit (comes close but horse shoes...) Wattage/joules @ 25 and it just vapes away.
I can't disagree. George, maybe we are both in the same Twilight Zone show. :pop:

burnie71

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
South Australia
Burnie,

PM sent, thanks

tony7432

Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
Sydney nsw australia
my wife just surprised me with the sx mini for my bday, but my bday is not until the 14th of august but she was worried i was going to buy it lol man this thing is amazing..so small and comfortable in my hand yet packs so much power and so many features..i just ordered more vtc5's for it...i finally have my first legit temp control mod :)

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
I'm sure I'll get blasted by the fanboys, but am I the only one confused by the fact that "joules" is a nonsensical measure here? It's like picking a light bulb for the right intensity based on a kilowatt hour rating.
Huh? That's exactly what you did before "lumens" started to be used (which is also subjective, btw as every manufacturer will measure them differently)

You wanted a low light bulb, you would buy a 25W/hr one. You wanted a lot of light, you would buy a 100W/hr light bulb... Simple.

Regards
Tony

Sent from my keyboard through my phone or something like that.

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
Huh? That's exactly what you did before "lumens" started to be used (which is also subjective, btw as every manufacturer will measure them differently)

You wanted a low light bulb, you would buy a 25W/hr one. You wanted a lot of light, you would buy a 100W/hr light bulb... Simple.

Regards
Tony

Sent from my keyboard through my phone or something like that.
Please provide a link to any light bulb rated according to time. Now or ever.
A watt is a watt, and a watt/second is something totally different. There is no element of time in the measurement of power, or luminosity.

Hitcat44

mere Pawn in Game of Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
Bernie,,,
IF you run Ti Build on the SXMM in the Ni200 Profile: Start off at @ 17.5-20J and @ 280*-290* F.

Congrats to you and to you and Tony7432 on procurement of a Fine Device :thumbs:

Ok you Twilight Zone Myth Busters,,,, Switched over to the Ti Test Profile and set J at 20 & Temp at 444* F.
Running (same RTA & Build) Erl K Ti built (26 ga 6/5 Wrap on @ 2.5 I.D.) loaded with 50/50 Liquid.
Made the change last Evening and fired her up pretty well. She purred along quite nicely and steadily although a tad warmer Vape that was on the Ni200 Profile. Still performing well this morning.
So for the time being, It's All Good and humming along as expected.

I figured if I was going to "fudge" to get a sweet Vape in the Ni200 Profile,
Might as well run Ti in Ti Profile and accept "fudging" as the Norm while at least be true to one Parameter in my Charade ;) Besides, 44 has always been my "Lucky Number" so adding one Four to it must be Karma in action.
So, I set the Engage & Apply Power Profile to "Soft" which cooled the Vape down closer to what the Ni Profile was producing and it is back in the Zone. Grooving on the Tasty in Ti.

Ya got me.... Hope you're happy now :sneaky:

Hitcat44

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
I'm sure I'll get blasted by the fanboys, but am I the only one confused by the fact that "joules" is a nonsensical measure here? It's like picking a light bulb for the right intensity based on a kilowatt hour rating.

Not in the least..... Go on and get your Hate On with impunity and without fear of reprisal.
I ain't one to bash anyone who is just expressing their frustrations with personal Issues, Failings, & Shortcomings in Understanding.
That would be Mean ;)

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
Not in the least..... Go on and get your Hate On with impunity and without fear of reprisal.
I ain't one to bash anyone who is just expressing their frustrations with personal Issues, Failings, & Shortcomings in Understanding.
That would be Mean ;)
Sorry, I guess I come from an era when words had meaning, and still remember that.

Hitcat44

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
Agree whole-heartedly and live by the same Mantra.
Words do indeed have meaning. Quite "telling" wouldn't you agree?
Likewise, I ALWAYS choose and present my Words & Syntax accordingly....

But, enough of that Aside and all the best in your Mission.
For me, back to the SXMM & Ti Tasties steaming along quite nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread