PART 6 -The Official MyVapeJuice Family Room (Crazy Chit Chat Thread - Live LAUGH Love and Vape)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Woo hoo... got all of the Windows updates... and now they want to give me Windows 10 for free...

I've gotta figure out what software I want installed on this... do that and then do a full backup before I install Win10...

... oh, and mow and whack the yard before dark

Yeah_its_me

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2011
I whooped out so time ta lay dowms fer a nap :D

habes a good one eberybodys ♥
sweet dreams hairy beast :)

OK I am back with an ole usb keyboard and it's okay...not as nice as the logitech wireless keyboard that I think I just broke real good. Gonna give it a day or so to dry out and then in the daylight when I can see better, attempt to fix the three keys that popped off....plus I got some funky plastic pieces that popped off with them LOL

Congrats on a job well done RD

Shout out to OBG and Sunny and Wifey and Fran and Prism and Crystal

Sunny, Thank you for the time you have given me......la la la.....Sunny.....

Hey Matt - You out there? Whatchoo doing this weekend?

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Yimmie...

Hopefully the KB is ok in the end and you can get the keys back together and all..

If you can't... and if it has a wireless receiver like the one pictured below... keep that part, it can be used with other wireless Logitech devices and a spare is always nice. These come paired with the devices they are sold with, but they have software that lets you pair it with any of their devices that use that type of receiver.

Got all of my basic software I want on the notebook... temp files cleared out and HD defragged. I'm currently going to image the drive onto my backup disk and then start Win10. If the Win10 download goes relatively quickly, that and the install should take about a couple of hours more or less

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
... oops... forgot to post the pic...

418vLA%2BttXL.jpg

jmur

Aggie AND Moon's Acct., on retainer for Beckyblue
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Connecticut
I didn't have the extra five bucks! :w00t:

Max, I told ya! The AggaMoon Foundation, LLC now offers a line of credit. And at a remarkably low rate (currently in the lower 40% range, YMMV).
I'll send ya the paperwork...

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Max, I told ya! The AggaMoon Foundation, LLC now offers a line of credit. And at a remarkably low rate (currently in the lower 40% range, YMMV).

So then is the J.A.M Foundation the music side?

jmur

Aggie AND Moon's Acct., on retainer for Beckyblue
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Connecticut
So then is the J.A.M Foundation the music side?

Oh, most completely unaffiliated. Although open, for a limited time only (be the first!) for donations if you have an interest.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Maxie...

You may want to stay away from the Samsung batteries for now... several folks are having issues with their QC and it may just be the covering... or it may be clone/fakes... if you get anything from Sun-Vaper, it will be authentic but for now it's speculation as to the problems being reported.

Maxedout

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
Arizona
Maxie...

You may want to stay away from the Samsung batteries for now... several folks are having issues with their QC and it may just be the covering... or it may be clone/fakes... if you get anything from Sun-Vaper, it will be authentic but for now it's speculation as to the problems being reported.
Good to know Redsok!
I know there are allot of fake/clones out there, so knowing a place that is trusted is very helpful.
Thank you!

Maxedout

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
Arizona
So, your saying the rate has gone down just a tad! :laugh:

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
I don't get to go nite nite yet... :(

The Win10 download went well over 2 hours compared to about an hour earlier in the week... the actual upgrade got started at about 10:50pm ... so I've still got a little ways to go before that portion should complete ( it's at 42%, but that is using Microsoft time )

Once this part completes... I still need to finish setting up and installing software that I didn't want installed during the upgrade process. The reason I'm going through this tonight is so I can take the notebook with me to my folks in order that my Dad can "play" with Win10 before I convert his computer over to it. At 83, change isn't always a good thing so the less confusion the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread