Status
Not open for further replies.

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Shari - Sorry about your computer. Mine is as old as yours, and I'm just limpin' along with it. Glad you can at least get on ecf. ;)

:banana: Happy belated 2yr Vapeversary and Congrats!! :banana:

Thank you. Thank goodness that ECF seems to be immune to the script errors I am getting.

I am not real computer savvy, but usually I can google my way out of most problems. This time clearing caches and cookies and history, and upgrading my browser have not worked and I am out of ideas.

rangerrobin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Northern California
I'm not a PC expert, but system restore has worked for me most every time. Worse case, it didn't fix the issue, but I didn't lose the use of my pc.

Just back up any new data, since the pc started acting up, then retore to the day before.

If you're too scared, try Geek Squad or similar. They can remote in and fix many pc issues quickly.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Hi all. I have not been able to use my computer hardly at all for over a couple of weeks now. Something wrong with it. It keeps giving me a Pop Up for me to ok running scripts. It happens ALL the time and I can not figure out how to turn scripts on. Don't know what happened to screw up my computer.

I upgraded to Internet Explorer 11 in the hopes that it would solve the scripts problem. Nope. Nada. No luck. I am running MS Windows 7 Home Premium and do not want to upgrade it to Windows 10 at this time.

Has anyone else had this happen to them? If I can not figure it out, it will be a trip to the Computer doctor for this laptop.

I am having my back surgery sometime in Sept. Will set the date on 8/24 Neurosurgeon visit. Will let you all know when it is.

Wow, I totally missed my 2 year anniversary of vaping on 7/12/15. Can not believe it has been 2 years.

I see a couple of others with anniversaries. Congratulations to you all. Doesn't success feel great????

It soitanly does! And happy 2 yr to you!!!

congratulations6.gif

Sorry, I dunno anything about Win7... the laptop I bought in March came with 8.1.....

Andria

DoloresB

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Good day to all! It's been a long time since I posted here, but life got in the way, and I fell off the wagon (I'm back to 20 cigs a day).
Congrats to all who have been able to stay off the cigs, and a warm welcome to all who are new and/or still struggling.
I'm ready to give vaping another try. I've upgraded my hardware from Vision Spinners to an MVP 20w, and have iClear 30b and Vivi Nova tanks to go with that.
Could someone help me with settings, perhaps? Should I stick with what I know (variable voltage) and try to set my machine to match the resistance on my tanks, or do I set the wattage to get the ideal vape?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: ShariR

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Good day to all! It's been a long time since I posted here, but life got in the way, and I fell off the wagon (I'm back to 20 cigs a day).
Congrats to all who have been able to stay off the cigs, and a warm welcome to all who are new and/or still struggling.
I'm ready to give vaping another try. I've upgraded my hardware from Vision Spinners to an MVP 20w, and have iClear 30b and Vivi Nova tanks to go with that.
Could someone help me with settings, perhaps? Should I stick with what I know (variable voltage) and try to set my machine to match the resistance on my tanks, or do I set the wattage to get the ideal vape?

If you already know how to set voltage to match your resistance, there's nothing in the world wrong with doing it that way -- it works! But for those kinda new, kinda puzzled by all the tech-speak, or those who use a lot of different toppers with different resistance, the wattage setting is great, because you don't need to worry about what the resistance is doing, you can just set it for the vape you like.

Great that you're trying again! Dunno if I ever ran into you around here before or not, so HI!

:D
Andria

Reactions: rangerrobin

Thayamax

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2013
Southeast Michigan

Hi, Dolores!!! We've missed you around these parts. :( Sorry you fell off the wagon, but happy to have you back and trying again.

If you're more comfortable using voltage there's no problem continuing that way. Watts are great if you have toppers that vary in resistance since you can set your desired wattage and it will adjust the voltage automatically to give you the same vape on each without all the fiddling. If you're unsure what wattage you would like, start low and work your way up until you find that sweet spot.

This thread is not very active like it used to be, but the regulars still monitor it, so if you have any problems, questions, or just need some moral support, just post and we'll be here.

Again, welcome back! :wub:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I'm still here... because this thread made me feel so much more HUMAN about the fact that I had a smoking relapse last summer -- it does happen -- even with e-cigs, anyone who says that quitting smoking is easy... may actually not be human. :D If I can help anyone else as much as this thread helped me, that's a win!

I'm in the home stretch with WTA... since I started having thoughts about smoking when I dropped from 4% to 3%, I backed up to 3.5% and stayed with that for a couple weeks before I went to 3%, and it helped immensely; now, over the weekend I went to 2.75%, and I'll be using that for about a week more, maybe less (when the 40ml I mixed up at 2.75% is done), THEN I'll go to 2.5%. :thumb:

Andria

Reactions: rangerrobin

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Andria, I'm glad your WTA reduction is going well. It's amazing how so little can make such a difference.

It really is, and if you consider that WTA is 95% nicotine, even the 24mg breaks down to only 1.2mg of the other alkaloids; when I started, I made that 10% of my vape, so I was actually only getting .12mg of those alkaloids. At 2.75% of my vape, I'm getting just .033mg of them. But apparently just traces is all there ever were, even when I smoked, since 95% of the alkaloid content is always going to be nicotine.

When I dropped from 4% to 3%, it wasn't anything like the godawful cravings I had last summer, but I realized that I was *thinking* about smoking a lot more often than I had been previously, which seemed really odd, but also a danger signal: I didn't want those thoughts to suddenly become do-or-die cravings, so I went back to 3.5% and have started lowering it a lot more slowly. From 4% to 3% is a 25% reduction, apparently a bit faster than my brain was prepared to accommodate.

Andria

FL Lori

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2012
Port St Lucie, Florida
Lesson learned... Don't leave this place or you wont have a clue when you get back. Finally found this group. Woohoo. Hello to all. Just got an email on cool vaping or temperature vaping. I have always loved a cool vape. I don't like a throat hit. This may
Be worth a try as I have been solely smoking since I was last around. Great to see my ole buddies and nice to meet my new ones. Lori

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread