Mike n Tibs DNA Mods!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapingBad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 16, 2015
Hertfordshire, UK
I use a 1/4" drive socket for the 510, it's why I leave the negative so long as I don't want to crunch the board with the socket. A couple of guys have posted a similar sounding issue with DM Device monitor problem - DNA 200 Early Adopters Forum maybe jump on that thread if it is.

Reactions: SlickWilly

BlueridgeDog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2014
Rocky Mount, VA, USA
the way points for the graph move up and down as the readings change when I fire the mod but they don't scroll across the screen

Same for me, but I am running mine in a virtual box under mac, so I assumed it was related to my setup.

SlickWilly

Tinkerer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
NY
I use a 1/4" drive socket for the 510, it's why I leave the negative so long as I don't want to crunch the board with the socket. A couple of guys have posted a similar sounding issue with DM Device monitor problem - DNA 200 Early Adopters Forum maybe jump on that thread if it is.

Same for me, but I am running mine in a virtual box under mac, so I assumed it was related to my setup.

Hmmm..... Sounds like a Vista problem, that's what I have on my desktop. I also have virtual pc loaded with XP, I'll try installing escribe in that and see what happens. I can always use one of our laptops but I use my desktop for everything, I run my security cameras off it, it's our home server and used as a networked media center. Here in my office I have a big monitor, because Vista has Media Center I record and watch most of my TV on it. I can kick back in my office chair, put my feet up on the desk, watch TV, browse the net, check my emails, edit files, jump to my security cameras and now even tinker with the settings on my mod all at the same time, I love Vista!

Reactions: X-Puppy

bilboda

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2012
Miami, FL
Just got my Blueridgedog print for the smaller Turnigy 1000 mah battery. Did some sanding and the color came off in spots as well.. Got some matching acrylic paint and polyurethane. Put the paint on,(so easy, no mo spray paint for me) and started worrying about yellowing of the polyurethane (this is why it takes me forever to complete a mod) but I did find this. Maybe you can use it for your unfinished mod.
3D Print Coating Epoxy XTC-3D® from Smooth-On for ABS, SLA & other 3D Print Media

XTC-3D_LRG_Kit.jpg

SlickWilly

Tinkerer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
NY
A better idea would be to upgrade to Win7 rather than Vista.

Yeah, we have laptops with 7 and one with 8 Touch, the touch is a neat toy but I'm not one for change, I'll keep my Vista as long as I can. :thumb:

ETA: I still use my old basic flip phone, the wife keeps telling me to get a smart phone but I just see no need for it.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
I use a flip phone, too, WIlly. Why would I want to pay almost $100 a month to make phone calls? A phone is a phone, to me, a VOICE communications device. I just saw a news piece that says the "average American" sends 40 text messages a day. Heck, I waste enough time here on ECF already!

I hate change, too, but it is inevitable. I loved XP, worked in IT from Win 3.1 through XP, and XP was the most solid OS Gates and Company ever came up with. I tried WIn8 and that is a complete bust to me. Useless unless you have a touch screen, and who wants finger prints all over that nice, big screen, monitor? I went to Win7 because support, from MS, ended and security holes are always a problem. Vista is "ancient" and has too many security problems for me. If you already have and use Win7 spring for the disks and load it up. Win7 is pretty solid, plus you get an upgrade to Win10 for free.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
still running xp pro here - much to mike's chagrin - and so far, knock on wood, no problems :D
Xp is fine, it's that civil war era version of office you insist on keeping.

Sent from phone.

SlickWilly

Tinkerer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
NY
I use a flip phone, too, WIlly. Why would I want to pay almost $100 a month to make phone calls? A phone is a phone, to me, a VOICE communications device. I just saw a news piece that says the "average American" sends 40 text messages a day. Heck, I waste enough time here on ECF already!

I hate change, too, but it is inevitable. I loved XP, worked in IT from Win 3.1 through XP, and XP was the most solid OS Gates and Company ever came up with. I tried WIn8 and that is a complete bust to me. Useless unless you have a touch screen, and who wants finger prints all over that nice, big screen, monitor? I went to Win7 because support, from MS, ended and security holes are always a problem. Vista is "ancient" and has too many security problems for me. If you already have and use Win7 spring for the disks and load it up. Win7 is pretty solid, plus you get an upgrade to Win10 for free.

Yeah send me a text and your going to get a call from me, I don't text, sorry. And I'm not one to chat on a cell phone, unless it's important and you just want to talk I'll call you back when I get home! My cell is really in case of emergency or if the family needs to reach me when I'm not home, that's it. My refurb phone was on sale, it cost me $20 shipped, included the charger and two new batteries, the cell service costs me $120 a year and that's nation wide coverage. All my minuets roll over, I have never used them all so it just keeps climbing, over 600 right now and I use maybe 30 a month max LoL.

When I had my appraisal business I ran it off a cell phone because I had to take the calls when they came in. I tried to never let a call go to voice mail, miss a call and you missed a job. Because of the required three day turn around the insurance companies wouldn't wait for a call back on an assignment, it would go to another appraiser. I had my fill and it burnt me out, I was happy the day I shut the service off and tossed that phone in the trash can!

Squonk_me

cut and paste has its consequences
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2015
Dry and windy
XP on an older laptop that I keep because.... I don't know why. Android tablets and an old S2 Epic 4G touch. I use freedompop for free on the S2. Tab3 on Sprint LTE for when I'm out and about $15 a month plan. Win7 Ultimate on the desktop.
I'm pretty hard of hearing so I use CapTell on my phone with an app, so no voice minutes is needed. At home everything is run off of wifi. Texting is done on Viber no charge. Phone savings gives me a bigger vape budget!

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
Xp is fine, it's that civil war era version of office you insist on keeping.

Sent from phone.

Heck, I still use Office 2000. It works!

Willy, I had a security business, alarms and guards, for almost 20 years. 24/7 of phones that always, always, had to be answered no matter what. That was after working for a guy who believed that the phone had to be answered before the third ring. Ever since that, I avoid the phone like the plague.

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
I gave up on windows PC's long ago. My Kids wanted Macs, So after a few for them it was totally evident they were way better Computers than I was using. I was quite hesitant, cause I knew Windows and was totally in the dark with Macs.
Knowing what I know now I would've switched long before I did :)
It don't have to be expensive you can get a mac Mini for a reasonable price and don't let it's size fool you, it's a really good machine :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread