Status
Not open for further replies.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
I have been vaping the last 45 minutes with both top and bottom airflow closed as well as the top set to fill. Still plenty of juice and flavor coming from the coil and I am no where near a dry hit. I forgot to close the airflows after using it early this morning and the coil head oversaturated. I pulled the atomizer head and the basin below is still full of juice. Seems like when you are not using it you need to just close everything to keep the atomizer from flooding. Maybe this is the solution to the flooding problem? Could be a vacuum problem with the tank design? Mine did work perfectly the 1st day and I didn't have any problems until it sat overnight. Thanks to my local B&M guys for helping me with this issue. I will see how it works this way. As long as I remember to close everything and set it to fill when not in use, if this works I will move it back into my line-up, but this tank may require too much fiddling for an everyday vape. I am still loving the flavor and clouds, so it may just be decent tank for at home use.

danny01

Apr 28, 2015
I've seen this from aspire about the leaking issue

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    288.3 KB · Views: 273

nopoison

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2013
Columbus, OH
So after some testing today I've established that all 50/50 juices gurgle, spit, or flood the 1.8 coils on both of my Triton's (don't ask me why I bought 2.) I've tried various combos of batteries, drip tips and juices that are all 50/50.

But today I took one of the 1.8 coils from the Triton over to the Atlantis one with 50/50 and it's like night and day. Same juice, coil and everything- just changed tanks. It appears that the coils aren't the problem alone, but something about the tank and juice. It's just simply over saturated.

Anyway, if anyone is having issues like me, this will give your Atlantis new life at least.
I'm loving the .4 ohm triton heads in all my Atlantis v.1 tanks!! I think they finally have a coil that has great vapor AND flavor! I may look for a used Triton tank on here to see what i think but im more inclined to buy a bunch of the extended glass kits for the Atlantis v1.

danny01

Apr 28, 2015
I'm loving the .4 ohm triton heads in all my Atlantis v.1 tanks!! I think they finally have a coil that has great vapor AND flavor! I may look for a used Triton tank on here to see what i think but im more inclined to buy a bunch of the extended glass kits for the Atlantis v1.
In my a pinion the tank is rubbish the coils are great I've got a triton coil in my v2 and is great I've got rid of my triton because it kept leaking and I've never had that fult with the v2

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
Ya I'm using the extended glass on Atlantis v1 with the new coils today and it's still pretty great. I had one bout of spitting up in my mouth, but it's definitely nowhere even close to how bad it is on the Triton.

I'm also still using high VG on the Triton and it's working pretty well. I just can't believe they didn't consider 50/50 juices.

I actually did some shopping around assuming that the Atlantis v1 would be cheap by now, but it's roughly the same price as it always was. Too bad, I was going to snatch up an extra if it were cheap.

Reactions: danny01

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Well got my triton and RTA head today and all I can say is, I am happy I didn't pay for this tank, started with the RTA head, and it was easy to build on, but found it not that good of a vape, flavor wasn't that good for a rebuildable, then went to the 0.4ohm coil and wasn't expecting anything special, as I am a mouth to lung hitter, but the flavor was better, but nothing to right home about.

So thought what the hell, I'll try the 1.8ohm coil, even though can't remember how long ago I vaped a higher ohm coil, and this one surprised me, out of all 3 options, this one gives a really good vape, vaping it at 23watts, and the flavor and vapor is awesome, so for this subohm tank actually is better when not subohming.

But I don't want to be tied to buying coils, so I have ordered the Atlantis RBA head, not sure it will work on the Triton, but the Atlantis coils do, so why not try the RBA.

Reactions: Oregon Linda

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    If you do not want to wait on the new RTA from aspire I found the aftermarket RBA for the Atlantis V2 at Craving Vapor in Austin and picked one up.

Guess what it works and works good.

The device is called Anyvape SegaTank RDA Coil Head V2 for Atlantis

Awesome, that is the one I ordered from ebay, so glad to hear it works, and sure it will be better than the triton RTA head :)

nopoison

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 26, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I still like the performance of the .4 head in my atlantis v1 but after analyzing a few of them after some use I noticed something odd. the coils dont seem to be heating evenly as there are two sides that show where the heat is and looks like a normal used coil and the rest of the coil looks almost unused. And im not talking about the top and bottom cause i know its only the center that gets hot but its only the center on opposite sides that are showing any usage/gunking. Anyone else notice this?

Cyrus Buelton

Jul 26, 2015
    I still like the performance of the .4 head in my atlantis v1 but after analyzing a few of them after some use I noticed something odd. the coils dont seem to be heating evenly as there are two sides that show where the heat is and looks like a normal used coil and the rest of the coil looks almost unused. And im not talking about the top and bottom cause i know its only the center that gets hot but its only the center on opposite sides that are showing any usage/gunking. Anyone else notice this?

Where did you purchase the coils?

gofishtx

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2014
    Tomball Texas
    I am thinking of selling my Triton, but it does flood. I am thinking the top fill and airflow design is allowing the tank to lose it's vacuum and allows the coils to over saturate and flood. I really hate to sell the Triton to anyone with all the issues.

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Mine hasn't leaked at all, but didn't think much of the 0.4ohm stainless steel coil, flavor wasn't there, also the same for the RTA, just wasn't impressed with it, the only thing that I did like that I got with it, was the 1.8ohm coil, that vaped awesome at 23 watts, but didn't want to get drawn into having to buy coils all the time, so ordered the Segatank RBA for the Atlantis.

The Atlantis RBA head turned up last night, and now I am happy with the Triton, I used the coil that was already installed on it, but re-wicked it, and this thing is impressive, had my mod maxed out at 60 watts and was vaping great, I'm not normally a high powered vapor, so I have settled on 35 watts, it does drink juice like any subtank, but the flavor and vapor is awesome.

So my advice is do not waste money on the triton RTA head, it isn't very good, just get the Atlantis RBA instead ;)

PisangLaut

Jun 7, 2015
    Indonesia
    Mine hasn't leaked at all, but didn't think much of the 0.4ohm stainless steel coil, flavor wasn't there, also the same for the RTA, just wasn't impressed with it, the only thing that I did like that I got with it, was the 1.8ohm coil, that vaped awesome at 23 watts, but didn't want to get drawn into having to buy coils all the time, so ordered the Segatank RBA for the Atlantis.

The Atlantis RBA head turned up last night, and now I am happy with the Triton, I used the coil that was already installed on it, but re-wicked it, and this thing is impressive, had my mod maxed out at 60 watts and was vaping great, I'm not normally a high powered vapor, so I have settled on 35 watts, it does drink juice like any subtank, but the flavor and vapor is awesome.

So my advice is do not waste money on the triton RTA head, it isn't very good, just get the Atlantis RBA instead ;)
    I don't know where to buy that in my country..

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread