bear4_zps6kawjiw1.jpg

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
OK, I went to bed early and missed the whole Rush chat.

I first heard Working Man on FM as a college freshman, and if you click on my signature you'll see that original band, with the 27 minute mark being where it gets started. My high school never had anything like this!

Anyway, Good Morning! Back to your coffee and morning vape!

anjelvape77

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2015
Alabama
I can definitely sympathize, I broke all three bones in my ankle and I've been in a nursing home since May 22. I was total non-weight bearing for six weeks, then in the boot, and I just graduated to real shoes today. I'm hoping to get home in the next couple of weeks.

I have some other health issues so I couldn't use crutches or a walker when I was non weight bearing. And there's no vaping allowed here.

I hope you get to go home soon!! That's terrible! And not being able to vape! I'm so sorry!

I did get into the walking boot today, but am only supposed to use it inside or limited for the first month, still using the knee scooter primarily. Doc said it will probably be 2 more months before I'm allowed to slowly start trying shoes, again starting with only in the house. I'm just so relieved that I don't have to hop any more!

I'm glad to hear yo two are getting better albeit slowly! Healing thoughts and prayers for you both!!

Nice...that is just...beautiful!!

Ken1979

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2015
Telford , TN 37690
Did anyone mention how much Juice you might use in these Sub-ohm tanks? I doubled my use of juice using them :(
But the clouds are so Cool :vapor:

Fart Smiley for ya
fartinface.gif
Yeah my sub tank drinks the juice!! However if I drop the watts and tighten the airflow it slows down on thirsty and subdues the weather clouds a lil

Ken1979

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2015
Telford , TN 37690
I've got a couple of bricks of XL SR cartos, but since I started making this strawberry & cream, I can't use them; in a rebuildable, I have to dry-burn/re-wick every other day, and the coil is completely black, sometimes the legs too; I expect a carto might last 2-3 hrs before it becomes unusable.

But I think I'm about due for a change-up in ADVs, so maybe the next thing I vape all the time won't be such a horrible gunker.

Andria
My fruiti loops does that real bad just cakes the coil

DanJiblets

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Shorewood, IL
Try a Smok TCT. At first I thought it was on par with my SubTank. No. It guzzles the juice... Probably went through 50ml today...
That's so funny you mention that. I even tried the vct coils with it and it's even worse! I finish off a full tank without even noticing it! So I only use my cheaper juice in that tank now, the stuff I don't mind blowing through. Those coils all last FOREVER though, and it does produce well. It also drains my battery at twice the rate. Eventually it'll probably get put aside in favor of my subtanks.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
If you lived in Cali I would have gone over and helped ya in person.....
Well, hopefully the new innokin tc mod will be able to regulate temp on kanthal in any rba and not just their proprietary tanks..... That would be the answer to your specific needs.

It would be great... but I'm not holding my breath; as I've said, I'm really *over* tanks, since finding the Achilles. It's everything great about
RDAs -- great flavor, ease of use and fill, none of those "vacuum" issues that make attys misbehave -- plus, tight draw, none of that airy crap, *and* it holds 2.5ml, AND it never leaks -- NEVER. That's hard to beat!

The only thing better would be if it held even more, but for that it would need to be taller or fatter. On a CF4, fatter would be ok, it looks like the CF4 could support a 24-25mm atty with ease, without looking funny; the only way I'd want it taller would be if the base portion was taller, so the well was deeper; it's already a bit taller than most RDAs.

As I've mentioned, a clear tank would be a great improvement, but I'm learning to tell by taste, when it needs a refill; so, the more used to it I get, the less need I have of TC.

Andria

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
It would be great... but I'm not holding my breath; as I've said, I'm really *over* tanks, since finding the Achilles. It's everything great about
RDAs -- great flavor, ease of use and fill, none of those "vacuum" issues that make attys misbehave -- plus, tight draw, none of that airy crap, *and* it holds 2.5ml, AND it never leaks -- NEVER.

Andria

Welcome to dripping!

Now you see why tanks advertise themselves as working as "well as an RDA". ;)

Experiment with builds, wicking and airflow. You can "tune" it to your vaping tastes.

We try to tell ya, but turtle fluffers don't usually listen.
:p
( that's a joke, not a crack on turtle fluffers..each to their own)
:)

SomeTexan

Moved On
Jun 1, 2015
That's so funny you mention that. I even tried the vct coils with it and it's even worse! I finish off a full tank without even noticing it! So I only use my cheaper juice in that tank now, the stuff I don't mind blowing through. Those coils all last FOREVER though, and it does produce well. It also drains my battery at twice the rate. Eventually it'll probably get put aside in favor of my subtanks.
For me the flavor is better than the SubTanks. I guess I'll deal with the juice use to keep temp control. I do like the airflow adjustment on it. Flows better than the SubTank and I like an open draw.

DanJiblets

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Shorewood, IL
For me the flavor is better than the SubTanks. I guess I'll deal with the juice use to keep temp control. I do like the airflow adjustment on it. Flows better than the SubTank and I like an open draw.
Yeah it's a nice tank for sure. I prefer my subtanks mostly, I like the rba and the occs. I think the flavor is comparable in both personally. It may be a bit better in the TCT, but that's what you get when you're vaping twice the amount of juice lol. It's a nice tank, I just prefer my subtanks. I agree the airflow is better on the tct. Wish subtanks did it like that. I would recommend the tct to others, it's solid. My complaints are all personal preference.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Welcome to dripping!

Now you see why tanks advertise themselves as working as "well as an RDA". ;)

Experiment with builds, wicking and airflow. You can "tune" it to your vaping tastes.

We try to tell ya, but turtle fluffers don't usually listen.
:p
( that's a joke, not a crack on turtle fluffers..each to their own)
:)

I got interested in RDAs when I heard such good reports of the Magma, and that the airflow could be reduced really well... and yes, it really does have great flavor, and the airflow with just one of the smallest holes is *tolerable*, but it's very prone to leakage, and I got tired of the every-30-minutes redripping; the Achilles fixes the leaking issue completely, and 2.5ml takes a good bit more than 30 minutes to vape -- that's the same quantity as the T3S tanks I started with; for me, it's about 1/3-1/2 a day.

But the tight draw and awesome TH was what really sold me on the Achilles; tight draw is hard to find with all the modern whooshing lung-hitter attys. I hate those!

Andria

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
But the tight draw and awesome TH was what really sold me on the Achilles; tight draw is hard to find with all the modern whooshing lung-hitter attys. I hate those!

Andria

Almost all RDAs today have adjustable airflow.
Remember it's not one or the other.
The way you build the coils, set the wick, and modulate airflow all work together.
Be flexible and experimental to get the most out of your dripper.
Trust me. You have only begun.
Drippers offer lots of options and the ability to tailor the vape to your liking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread