• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Local Authorities doing good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

atticasg

ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2013
Not sure if this is a troll post but Please indicate the source. AFAIK, they're doing the exact OPPOSITE by end of this year. Our neighbours govt esp Indonesia already looking to ban vaping and restrict imports heavily what makes you think our govt are legalizing it? Over here its either a yes or a BIG NO. Mostly NO and yes to HEAVY fines.

Reactions: h0peful

Woofer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2014
PA, SK, CA
The local higher ups are legalizing Electronic Cigarettes here. Below 12 watts though. Anyway, they have not passed the bill yet but it could probably be by the end of this year. I think it's legal to own one now, but not to distribute or import.

What do you think?

How do they legalize something that is not illegal?
Perhaps they are illegalizing everything above 11.999 watts
Where is "here"?

niffygold

Jul 23, 2015
I don't really have time to troll around but, no definite sources for now. I have a few friends studying law rn (I don't think I wanna leak anymore, don't wanna jinx it), so I guess it's insider information? But anyway, I'm not saying it'll happen for sure, but the clamp-down is loosening.

p.s DON'T TAKE MY WORD FOR IT, vape in the shadows if you're still doubtful

this article by CNA in june says otherwise leh

SINGAPORE: From Dec 15 this year, Singapore will ban emerging tobacco products – those which are currently not available in Singapore, and also existing products in the local market, the Ministry of Health announced on Monday (Jun 15).

The ban is a “pre-emptive measure to protect public health against the known and potential harms of such products,” the ministry said in a news release. It added that the ban will be implemented in two phases.

The first phase of the ban will take effect from Dec 15 this year and it will cover products that are currently not available in Singapore. The banned products include:

• Smokeless cigars, smokeless cigarillos or smokeless cigarettes
  • Dissolvable tobacco or nicotine
  • Any product containing nicotine or tobacco that may be used topically for application, by implant or injected into any parts of the body
  • Any solution or substance, of which tobacco or nicotine is a constituent, that is intended to be used with an electronic nicotine delivery system or a vaporiser (also referred to as e-cigarettes)
The second phase of the ban, which takes effect from Aug 1, 2016, will cover existing products in the local market. The products are:

• Nasal snuff
  • Oral snuff
  • Gutkha, khaini and zarda
The ban on existing products in the local market will take place later, so that businesses will be allowed to adjust their operating models and deplete their existing stock, said MOH

Singapore to ban emerging tobacco products from mid-December - Channel NewsAsia

Reactions: zee75
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread