26650 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lethal smoke

Aug 2, 2015
I have a ephro 26650 seeker mod and I just bought a battery for it an efest battery and when I put it in it will not fire it I've done everything
I've torn apart and cleaned I've tighten all connections everything is connecting and it won't fire I know it's not the mod because I've put a 18650 battery in there (rigged it to fit) and it fires what can it be?

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I have a ephro 26650 seeker mod and I just bought a battery for it an efest battery and when I put it in it will not fire it I've done everything
I've torn apart and cleaned I've tighten all connections everything is connecting and it won't fire I know it's not the mod because I've put a 18650 battery in there (rigged it to fit) and it fires what can it be?

IMO the 26650 is not making good enough contact in the mod. I don't know this mod, but with mech mods if it works with another battery that's all I think it could be.

Reactions: Lethal smoke

Lethal smoke

Aug 2, 2015
Doesn't the top cap have an adjustment? Just back the positive pin out a tad so it makes contact with the battery better. Im not really familiar with this mod but by looking at a picture it seems to be adjustable
Yes there is an adjustable contact on the top and I've done this but I still have to push pretty hard for it to fire

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
one battery is just probably slightly shorter than another.
maybe one battery is a flattop and the other is a button top.

you have to use the adjustment screws to adjust for the slight differences in battery length.

that's why there are telescopic mods; you don't have to do all that adjusting with a telescopic mod.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Well I kinda got it resolved its firing now but I have to push really hard on the firing button any tips on what I could do to fix this

I had a look at the video Jimi posted. Adjust the screw under the 510 connection so there is no battery rattle when you assemble the mod and shake it. Don't unscrew it so far that you cause the switch to auto-fire, or crush the battery.

After that, it's all about the contacts being clean. Check both ends of the battery, the screw at the 510 that you adjust and the switch pin that contacts the batt. Also make sure all the tube threads and 510 and switch threads that screw in them are clean. If that doesn't do it I would take the switch apart and clean those parts also.

The spring in the 510 connector does not conduct and neither dos the one in the switch.

There is nothing else it could be, it really is this simple. Let us know how it goes :thumb:

Reactions: Lethal smoke

Lethal smoke

Aug 2, 2015
I had a look at the video Jimi posted. Adjust the screw under the 510 connection so there is no battery rattle when you assemble the mod and shake it. Don't unscrew it so far that you cause the switch to auto-fire, or crush the battery.

After that, it's all about the contacts being clean. Check both ends of the battery, the screw at the 510 that you adjust and the switch pin that contacts the batt. Also make sure all the tube threads and 510 and switch threads that screw in them are clean. If that doesn't do it I would take the switch apart and clean those parts also.

The spring in the 510 connector does not conduct and neither dos the one in the switch.

There is nothing else it could be, it really is this simple. Let us know how it goes :thumb:
Trust me I've tried all this and I autarky ended up messing up the positive on the battery gonna have to go another one and hope for the best

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Trust me I've tried all this and I autarky ended up messing up the positive on the battery gonna have to go another one and hope for the best

Well that really sucks!

If the mod contact surfaces are good, and you have good contact with the 26650, all that's left is the battery.

Just to tie up loose ends, what voltage is the batt when you take it off the charger?

Good luck with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread