The ProVarinati Diner & Saloon #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
Sandra thought one of her spiders has just been hiding in the aquarium all week. She has a lot of stuff in there for them to hide. She woke up this morning with him next to her in the bed. Apparently he's been out of the aquarium all week and roaming around her flat. She said she was glad he's ok because she could have rolled over on him. This spider is a tarantula who may or may not have been de fanged- probably not, as there is no regulation for exotic pets in CR, and she was worried about squashing him...

This was them as babies. They are a lot bigger and scarier now...

2r6o5fs.jpg

2hoe0yq.jpg

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Sandra's not a freak or anything, she just likes watching the tarantulas eat...
Crickets, they be all like, yeah, I'm bad, I'm bad...after a few of them disappear they be all like...hiding and stuff!

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
Crickets, they be all like, yeah, I'm bad, I'm bad...after a few of them disappear they be all like...hiding and stuff!

The aquarium they are in is pretty big and has plants and things and a small pond and lots of hiding spaces, so when she releases a few crickets, they scatter and the tarantulas hunt them down...

FringeChief68

Kingsguard
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
My son has a Bearded Dragon and we feed him crickets too. He is pretty big and you can feed him baby mice which they call pinky mice.
We don't feed him those :facepalm:
But he will eat any bug that gets in his aquarium :laugh:

He looks like this about the same size too.
giphy.gif

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
I think what the tarantulas do is trap the crickets then bite them and inject them with poison, which turns the crickets into soup, which they suck out through the head. When they get big enough they can do that to a mouse:ohmy:. They would do it to each other if the tank weren't divided. I haven't seen them eat, though. They only eat once a week...

Bearded dragons would freak me out a bit. I used to get chased by iguanas growing up on base in Panama...

Reactions: FringeChief68
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread