Smok TFV4 Sub Ohm Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kindwick

Verified Member
Jul 18, 2015
Rochester, MN
soundcloud.com
Loving this tank so far! I only have the triple coil at the moment, but I will be getting the rba single, dual, and quad coils in a couple weeks. With the X Cube 2 160w TC, this is a match made in vapin' heaven! Props to SmokTech! They are really bouncing back from the early versions of the XPro M80 Plus.

IMG_0676.jpg

Reactions: sd3614

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Loving this tank so far! I only have the triple coil at the moment, but I will be getting the RBA single, dual, and quad coils in a couple weeks. With the X Cube 2 160w TC, this is a match made in vapin' heaven! Props to SmokTech! They are really bouncing back from the early versions of the XPro M80 Plus.

View attachment 477224
Fantastic lighting for that picture. Awesome !

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
Drip Tip still does get quite hot over 100 watts, but the concept is solid.

Curious if you were using the Quad or the Triple?

I have only really chain vaped one other sub ohm tank over 100 watts and that is the Crown so compared to only that and using the Triple coil on the TFV the TFV was hella cooler on the lips for me.

@Rixsta had mentioned the Quads were a hotter vape than the triple so I was curious.

*I'm also happy to report leaving the tank on its side all night equaled no leaks.

Last edited:

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Cant wait for this tank, on the way to me :)

Full kit with 5x quads and dual coil rba section
Ow those quad coils....No pressure then ;) hahaha, they really are better :thumb:....Im missing mine tonight, ahhhhh.

Whoever is vaping it now, is vaping on my diy Strawberry Custard Cream, hope they make the most of it.. Did you know I make awesome juice :)

Stinkytofus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New York City
Ow those quad coils....No pressure then ;) hahaha, they really are better :thumb:....Im missing mine tonight, ahhhhh.

Whoever is vaping it now, is vaping on my diy Strawberry Custard Cream, hope they make the most of it.. Did you know I make awesome juice :)
Send me a 500ml sample :)

Reactions: Rixsta

FreeJersey

Verified Member
May 21, 2015
NJ
Vape mail came a day early!! Cleaned it, filled it up and have gone through three tanks this afternoon!

Unfortunately, I only have the triple coil that it came with. I will say this thing chucks some serious clouds and drinks heavily. With the triple coil, the flavor is ok, but not on par with my Crown or Starre. Hoping the quads are better, when I can get some. The top fill is great and the overall quality of the tank is top notch. Also looking forward to the rba heads, hopefully they will perform at least as well as the Crown rba.

Stinkytofus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New York City
Vape mail came a day early!! Cleaned it, filled it up and have gone through three tanks this afternoon!

Unfortunately, I only have the triple coil that it came with. I will say this thing chucks some serious clouds and drinks heavily. With the triple coil, the flavor is ok, but not on par with my Crown or Starre. Hoping the quads are better, when I can get some. The top fill is great and the overall quality of the tank is top notch. Also looking forward to the rba heads, hopefully they will perform at least as well as the Crown rba.
what wattage did you vape the triples at

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
This is a good tank for the DIY stuff due to the drinking, that's for sure. I just switched it over to some Casey Jones along the same flavor profile as my DIY and in about 3 puffs I was tasting the Casey. That is one thing love about the new tanks, flavor change is so much smoother. I feel like the Crown drinks more though.. dunno.

I'm still feeling the flavor is pretty close to my Crown. The thing is the Crown spits at the wattage I vape so there is a little sensory trickery going on IMO because it is putting juice in my mouth from time to time @ 90-100W. More wet and hot... sound so dirty.

I will certainly stock up on both style coils (3 and 4) when they are readily available, but I am really appreciating the temperature of the triple so far. It is very very kind @ 100-115 watts.

Stinkytofus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New York City
This is a good tank for the DIY stuff due to the drinking, that's for sure. I just switched it over to some Casey Jones along the same flavor profile as my DIY and in about 3 puffs I was tasting the Casey. That is one thing love about the new tanks, flavor change is so much smoother. I feel like the Crown drinks more though.. dunno.

I'm still feeling the flavor is pretty close to my Crown. The thing is the Crown spits at the wattage I vape so there is a little sensory trickery going on IMO because it is putting juice in my mouth from time to time @ 90-100W. More wet and hot... sound so dirty.

I will certainly stock up on both style coils (3 and 4) when they are readily available, but I am really appreciating the temperature of the triple so far. It is very very kind @ 100-115 watts.
What watt does it start getting warm on the triple or quads

Stinkytofus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New York City
I can only compare to the Crown, the Crown is hot at 120, very warm at 90-100. The triple feels pretty reasonable at 100-115, I would say warm at that range. Even at 130 it is not as hot as a Crown at 110.
how is the vape for triple coils at 40, 60, and 80 watts?
what about the quad coils?

Reactions: sd3614

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
Can't speak to Quads. The triple at needs at least 60 watts IMO to yield good performance and it is about as cool as cucumber in that range and still chucks clouds.

I spent this evening really rotating back through a few tanks so I could gut check myself on this tank. I can say some of what I have said before in other threads.

I'm a fan of the Arctic 5ML version, but
the Maganus/Starre tanks (not Pro) are the best bang for the bucks I have used. I feel those coils are just awesome with great flavor. The Crown tanks steps up the game by a small margin but brings more heat to the game, more power and a fantastic top fill design.

The TFV with triple just does a lot of things right and it handles the power better while keeping the temp under control like nothing I have seen.

I think if you have any of these tanks you are in a good place right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: rangerrobin

Stinkytofus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New York City
I got the freemax v2 since it is > arctic in every way
Then comes the uwell crown, rave reviews, but to me its just another freemax wannabe but with a much more kickass top fill design than the pro, then comes tfv4... From what u and rixsta have been saying, it can do what these tanks that i just mentioned cannot do... Which is vape at higher wattages without it being too hot, because quite frankly... Freemax got too hot past 60, warm at 40-50's and nice and cool at 30-35

Tfv4 seems like a good choice and i cant wait to get it... I can see myself going 60-70 with the triple or quad and ill be pretty satisifed i think, Should be here in 5-7 days, cant wait :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread