Joyetech Evic VT 60 Watt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnage9270

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2015
Washington
What the hell. I just refilled my subtank mini with juice and now when I vape at any temp that provides good vapor Im getting a burnt hit. Still reading the same ohm and still the same temp same juice. I have only run one tank of juice through this coil.
Sounds like a hot leg.

Reactions: JeremyR

atroph

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Chesapeake, VA
I have noticed that as my coil ages, I need to start bumping up the temps. I can vape a new coil satisfactorily at around 420F but after 5 or 6 tanks I need to start hitting the 500s because I get reduced vapor at lower temps. This happens more/faster with the Delta II coils than with the Kanger STM coils (both nickel). For this reason, I am seriously considering using the RBAs on each and see if that helps me get more life out of coils.

I bet this is due to the sub-par wicking material that comes in the factory coil heads. Once the wick gets saturated with crud it allows the coil to heat up faster due to limited juice flow. Increasing the temp sometimes blasts the crud away or thins out the liquid so it flows better in the less than ideal wick. Sure it is good fresh, but once the wick degrades it turns to crap. In Kanthal mode the wick fouling is exaggerated because there is no temp control to keep it from tasting like crap. TC keeps the wick from burning and as a result a less than ideal vape.

IMO the SubTank mini in RBA mode is superb. I do 28 ga ni200 3mm 8-10 wraps netting 0.12 ohms. Never had any stability issues. I vape at 380-450 depending on juice and ambient temps. The build deck on the ST mini is really easy to work with. Its just good IMO!

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
What the hell. I just refilled my subtank mini with juice and now when I vape at any temp that provides good vapor Im getting a burnt hit. Still reading the same ohm and still the same temp same juice. I have only run one tank of juice through this coil.

Sounds like a coil problem. I've had similar thing before and it was a hot leg from a loose wire.

The ohms won't change much in tc mode because it reads the base ohms. It will go down as it thinks that's the true low.

You can change it to vw mods and see what the ohms read in real time, & also fire it without temp protect to see the hotspots better and wild fluctuations.

Last edited:
Reactions: cigatron

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
I have noticed that as my coil ages, I need to start bumping up the temps. I can vape a new coil satisfactorily at around 420F but after 5 or 6 tanks I need to start hitting the 500s because I get reduced vapor at lower temps. This happens more/faster with the Delta II coils than with the Kanger STM coils (both nickel). For this reason, I am seriously considering using the RBAs on each and see if that helps me get more life out of coils.
What I have noticed with my coils is that as the coil gets more and more gunked with time, I have to lower the temp, otherwise the vape starts to get a slight burnt taste to it.

Reactions: LynnNC

AlaskaVaper

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2015
Cordova, Alaska
Hey, folks. Please excuse any blatant ignorance in this question, but does it make sense that the VT would work in Celsius but not in Fahrenheit? That seems to be what's happening here. Temp control kicks in immediately in Fahrenheit, no matter what temp I set, but I've been happily vaping away for about 24 hrs now at 310C, using the stock tank and a .20 ni coil head, and the VT has performed flawlessly - absolutely fantastic vape. Then, finally, I got curious enough to Google 310C - cuz I'm 'Merkin and I don't speak Celsius - and holy cow, that's 590F! That can't be right, can it? Seems like that would be way too hot to be pleasant, but it's not at all, and I'm doing MTL hits with the airflow closed off about three-quarters of the way. So now I'm thinking maybe something is kinda janky in Celsius, too, which would make sense, since Celsius and Fahrenheit are not separate 'settings,' per se (are they?).

I bought this off the classies and didn't get the user manual, and this is my first experience with TC, so I'm reluctant to blame the mod for anything at this point. I read a lot of posts and watched some tutorials before diving in. I locked in my base resistance and all that, but stability isn't really an issue. In practical terms, there really isn't an issue because even if the VT isn't functioning correctly, it's certainly functioning well ... as long as I keep it in Celsius, anyway. I'm getting a warm, billowy, flavorful vape that I'm digging on in a serious way. However, I don't want to be sitting here all dumb and happy doing something stupid that might result in an awkward conversation with my insurance carrier. Anybody have any thoughts?
LOL Your conversion was correct. It is the same vape.

atroph

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Chesapeake, VA
Yes, Yes, OC is sub par. There are better wicks out there that don't funk as quickly as OC. Find @JeremyR 's thread. Better yet just look at his avaitar ^^. Not trying to derail this thread.

Should have quoted the entire post vice just taking a snippet.

And you are correct... I don't use Kanthal.

Mrmik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2014
Ellicott City, MD, USA
Will the Vapeonly vAir-T Atlantis Nickel OCC work in Ijust 2 tank?
As I am looking around, I realized there are a number of coils interchangeable between Atlantis, Donner, Ijust 2, Herakles and what more tanks.
Since I am not so happy with the Eleaf Ni coils for Ijust 2 (due to too small juice ports?) so I came across this since it has large adjustable juice ports.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Will the Vapeonly vAir-T Atlantis Nickel OCC work in Ijust 2 tank?
As I am looking around, I realized there are a number of coils interchangeable between Atlantis, Donner, Ijust 2, Herakles and what more tanks.
Since I am not so happy with the Eleaf Ni coils for Ijust 2 (due to too small juice ports?) so I came across this since it has large adjustable juice ports.
I would assume so, although I am not very happy with the vAir-T nickel coils. I find that the juice will seep in through/around the adjustment ring itself and the build quality isn't top notch.

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
For those of you having hot legs or varying res probs with Ni or Ti factory coil heads with silicone rubber insulators: I have had some success with restoring proper electrical connection by removing the coil head from the tank and tapping it on a hard surface about 20-30 times. I just hold the coil head vertical and tap the pos pin on the hard surface firmly. It seems to brighten up the connections where the coil legs touch the pos pin and metal case.

Mrmik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2014
Ellicott City, MD, USA
I would assume so, although I am not very happy with the vAir-T nickel coils. I find that the juice will seep in through/around the adjustment ring itself and the build quality isn't top notch.

Mmmmmm........ Did you try other coils than this bad one?
Put this Ijust 2 tank into a corner or try vAir nickel coils is the question.
Did not find much info on the Ijust 2 tank other than the initial reaction of it being good.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Mmmmmm........ Did you try other coils than this bad one?
Put this Ijust 2 tank into a corner or try vAir nickel coils is the question.
Did not find much info on the Ijust 2 tank other than the initial reaction of it being good.
Out of 6 vAir-T coils I've used 3 were either bad from the outset or lasted only a day or two. The other three only lasted about 2 weeks. Once I use up the remaining 4 packages of coils I bought, I don't plan on getting more.

The only other Atlantis nickel coil that I've tried is the Vaporshark ones. They work great and last a really long time. I'm using one in an Atlantis 2 now and it has been going on 5 weeks now on the same coil, and about 80-100 ml's of juice. I'm also using one in a Triton and that one is going great after two weeks of use.

Since the iJust2 nickels coils fit in the Atlantis, I would assume the Atlantis coils will fit in the iJust2.

I do have an order of iJust2 nickel coils enroute, so I'll try those when I get them in. I also heard that the Smok Subverted nickel coils fit the Atlantis as well and have an order enroute also.

All of these coils are about $2 a piece (except for the Vaporshark ones which run about $4 a piece). If I can't get comparable performance out of these alternatives, I will stick with the Vaporshark coils. They have been the best performing ones that I have tried to date.

Last edited:
Reactions: cigatron

Mrmik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2014
Ellicott City, MD, USA
Out of 6 vAir-T coils I've used 3 were either bad from the outset or lasted only a day or two. The other three only lasted about 2 weeks. Once I use up the remaining 4 packages of coils I bought, I don't plan on getting more.

The only other Atlantis nickel coil that I've tried is the Vaporshark ones. They work great and last a really long time. I'm using one in an Atlantis 2 now and it has been going on 5 weeks now on the same coil, and about 80-100 ml's of juice. I'm also using one in a Triton and that one is going great after two weeks of use.

Since the iJust2 nickels coils fit in the Atlantis, I would assume the Atlantis coils will fit in the iJust2.

I do have an order of iJust2 nickel coils enroute, so I'll try those when I get them in. I also heard that the Smok Subverted nickel coils fit the Atlantis as well and have an order enroute also.

All of these coils are about $2 a piece (except for the Vaporshark ones which run about $4 a piece). If I can't get comparable performance out of these alternatives, I will stick with the Vaporshark coils. They have been the best performing ones that I have tried to date.

Appreciate you replying to this.
Yeah, I have had Smok VCT coils lasting me 100ml + and it is amazing! Never a dry hit on these and despite what people say, I went on buying VCT tanks. Currently, I have a VCT Ni coil in a Mega tank and it has been going strong for the past 2 weeks with about 50ml + of juice so far.
Ijust 2 tank is well built, has a strange way of AFC but I left the ring out. Airflow is great and tank DO hold 5.5ml juice which is a big plus.

Just to make it clear, I was puzzled since I knew almost all Smok tanks but this Subverter tank/coils is by SMOKME and not Smok (Smoktech). Ah, I recall I saw this a while back and just did a search for it but could not find any US vendors to carry it. Where did you order the coils from? Looking at pictures, those coils do have a MUCH larger juice ports than Ijust 2 Ni coils.

Looks like there is a number of tanks with the same coil, Atlantis, Triton, Ijust 2, Donner, Herakles, Subverter and what more?

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
I ordered them from Focalecig.

$9.97-$10.47 Smokme Subverter Mini 0.1 ohmSub Ohm Tank Clearomizer Replacement BODC Coil Head by SmokME (5pcs) - Silver

You are correct that it is Smokme and not Smok. They have coils in 0.5, 0.2 and 0.1 ohms, although it is only the 0.1 ohm coils that are nickel. And it looks like now you can order either from their US warehouse or from China (when I ordered it, it was only available from China). They do have the Atlantis 2-style larger wick holes on the coil.

Looking at the review of the Smokme Subverter tank, it looks like it is basically a Subtank clone that uses Atlantis coils. The top part of the tank looks like a Subtank (the Subtank o-rings fits) and the bottom hardware and the center chimney looks like an Atlantis.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mrmik

Mrmik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2014
Ellicott City, MD, USA

$9.97-$10.47 Smokme Subverter Mini 0.1 ohmSub Ohm Tank Clearomizer Replacement BODC Coil Head by SmokME (5pcs) - Silver

You are correct that it is Smokme and not Smok. They have coils in 0.5, 0.2 and 0.1 ohms, although it is only the 0.1 ohm coils that are nickel. And it looks like now you can order either from their US warehouse or from China (when I ordered it, it was only available from China). They do have the Atlantis 2-style larger wick holes on the coil.

Looking at the review of the Smokme Subverter tank, it looks like it is basically a Subtank clone that uses Atlantis coils.

smokme.us is all in chinese or whatever which I do not master. Heh.......

Mrmik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2014
Ellicott City, MD, USA

Looking at the review of the Smokme Subverter tank, it looks like it is basically a Subtank clone that uses Atlantis coils. The top part of the tank looks like a Subtank (the Subtank o-rings fits) and the bottom hardware and the center chimney looks like an Atlantis.

Overlooked the link in your post. Ahhhh.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread