LUC V4 charger breaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
I went to put a battery in my LUC V4 charger just now, and was dismayed to find the no. 2 charging slot broken, the spring had gone, somewhere, I don't know where. I can't hear it rattling around in there, and I can't see it at all. Bummer in the summer. I'd like to fix it, but I can't get the charger apart. They put this thing together in such a way you'd have to break it to get it apart. So now I'm faced with having to get another one, which I'm pretty bummed out about, and how do I know that one won't break too? I've had this charger just over a year.

Has this happened to anyone else? Were you able to fix it?

Last edited:

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I had a look at mine. Does seem to be glued together, not a pressure fit, so I think you're out of luck. Seems like the end of the spring attaches to a tab underneath the slider where the hole is. Presumably the other end is hooked onto something up under the screen end and the spring got pulled up to that end. So you would need to be able to get to the back to reattach the spring, assuming the spring hadn't lost the hook on the slider end.

Do the other 3 bays still work? The loose spring shouldn't cause a problem.

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
Friend of mine had this happen to two of his bays on the LUC V4, mostly I think because he always lets the tabs slap back closed when he pulls the batteries off the charger which I've told him to stop doing. He ended up shoving a 1/2" thick piece of foam rubber between the bottom of the charger and the metal tab which is wedged in with an 18650 charging, so the slots will still work without the spring present if you feel comfortable rigging it.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
DSCF0059.JPG
the spring is still in there but its pulled itsself tight ( thats why it isnt rattling around)
you can go to a hardware store and get a spring a bit smaller in dia than the battery about 1/2" long and place the spring between the tab and the case. Install spring, install battery, spring will push tab against battery to make contact....
seems the case is ultrasonically welded so getting it open will make a mess of it...

Last edited:

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
Friend of mine had this happen to two of his bays on the LUC V4, mostly I think because he always lets the tabs slap back closed when he pulls the batteries off the charger which I've told him to stop doing. He ended up shoving a 1/2" thick piece of foam rubber between the bottom of the charger and the metal tab which is wedged in with an 18650 charging, so the slots will still work without the spring present if you feel comfortable rigging it.
Brilliant idea. I just tried a piece of 1/4 inch drain hose and it works perfect. Thank you.

Reactions: Froth

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013

Well that's a brilliant piece of innovation. I was told, however, that the charger has a two year warranty on it, so I emailed the place I got it, 101 Vapes, asking how I go about getting it replaced. In the meantime I still have three charging slots, so all is not lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread