TC question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr couchsofa

Aug 2, 2015
hey all, on the newer side to the whole vaping thing. Just purchased the segelei 75 watt mini and man do I love it. However it is my first TC product. My question what is the "correct" temp and watts I want to be at with the artic sub tank with the .5 coil(and just in general with any tank). Is it just purely my preference on what feels and tastes the best? Thanks in advance for any responses.

Mr couchsofa

Aug 2, 2015
Temperature control doesn't work with kanthal coils, you'll need nickel (ni200) coils for the temperature control to work. The nickel coils for the Arctic are .2ohm coils.
Ok so I would have to put the .2 coil back in for the TC to even work? I started with the .2 and just switched to the .5 for no reason except to switch it up.

LuNar

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2014
Hays KS
Ok so I would have to put the .2 coil back in for the TC to even work? I started with the .2 and just switched to the .5 for no reason except to switch it up.

You just want to make sure that the coil head your using is nickel wire and not kanthal. Kanthal does not work with tempature control( at least not yet). The reason temp control works with nickel is because when nickel is heating up it's changes it's structure a lot. It makes it easy for a chip to monitor the structure resistence of the coil and adjust the wattage/voltage accordingly.

If your putting a nickel coil into your tank then I'd prime the coil's cotton up with eliquid, put it in the tank, put the tank on the mod and let it sit for about 10 minutes. You want to make sure your tank and mod are the same tempature and that they and both room tempature.

After waiting lock the res, hold the down button and then tap the fire botton, and then start kinda low. I'd suggest starting at 330 def f. and probably 18 watts. From there adjust with your taste buds to higher temps and higher wattages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread