GLASSMANOAK'S Contest Thread #103 ...for WINNERS and with MULTIPLE WINNERS !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bellastarr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
USA
8/2
Happy Birthday Blue!!
0094.gif

:tumble:

Fuzzy Thunderbear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2015
NOWHERE, SD, USA
8/2 #1 Hippo Birdie Blue!
Let's see...it says a picture of a person or trees. Do you get extra credit for a person AND trees? ;)
Me (several years ago, before turning gray) after climbing to the top of Mt. Bachelor (really only a hard hike) with Three Sisters and Broken Top in the background, with Three-Fingered Jack and Mt. Jefferson in the distance.
042 Me on top of Bachelor with 3Sisters.jpg

Last edited:

Fuzzy Thunderbear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2015
NOWHERE, SD, USA
8/2 #3 The travels of the fuzziest? Come on along, my friends... The arrow points to the place I managed to climb to without the aid of ropes or anything special (standard hiking boots). I couldn't get up that final little vertical piece. Wonder why I couldn't get any of my buds to come along... (Oh, and yes, I was a smoker)
010 Smith lotsa Rocks.jpg

Smith Rocks State Park, Central Oregon

CountBoredom

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
San Diego, CA, USA
8/2 #4
So far, aside from some very minor tweaks, Windows 10 seems to be quite stable.
I'm still not convinced that it's all that worth the upgrade from Windows 7. Yes, I know there are some improvements under the hood--but for what I gain in increased performance, I lose to lower productivity due to the Metro Live Tiles for things I don't want or need and more clicking through screens with less content due to being "touch-friendly." I've got a year to upgrade for free, so we'll see if anything changes.

fmbylkytrvfegqwabrnq.jpg

Fuzzy Thunderbear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2015
NOWHERE, SD, USA
8/2 #4
I'm still not convinced that it's all that worth the upgrade from Windows 7. Yes, I know there are some improvements under the hood--but for what I gain in increased performance, I lose to lower productivity due to the Metro Live Tiles for things I don't want or need and more clicking through screens with less content due to being "touch-friendly." I've got a year to upgrade for free, so we'll see if anything changes.

I'm still running Windoze XP because both 7 and 8 suck. If I had my choice, I would still be back at 98SE. I'm one of those geeks that wants to make his own decisions, not have some programmer across the country decide what I will and won't be able to do and make me dance through hoops to get the simplest task completed.
07 Hole in the Ground (composite).jpg

Wide angle of a place called Hole in the Ground (another crater)

Fuzzy Thunderbear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2015
NOWHERE, SD, USA
8/2 #5
G'nite Tigger. Gonna shut this beast off for awhile so we can go out and do evening chores (catch the calf and put her to bed, feed and water the chickens, cows, horses), then come back in and watch an hour of LotR movies. See y'all later...
026 there is a ski area up there somewhere.jpg

CountBoredom

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
San Diego, CA, USA
8/2 #5
I'm still running Windoze XP because both 7 and 8 suck. If I had my choice, I would still be back at 98SE. I'm one of those geeks that wants to make his own decisions, not have some programmer across the country decide what I will and won't be able to do and make me dance through hoops to get the simplest task completed.
Have to agree, will wait on Windows 10, and still use XP myself.
I moved from XP to Win7 for better SSD support and 64-bit addressing (XP 64-bit had too many issues, but 32-bit was pretty solid). Win10, however, doesn't solve any issues and only adds complexity I can do without.

Well, time for me to have dinner with my friend.

Palm-trees.jpg

rangerrobin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Northern California
8/2 #5

Didn't got to the beach, just sat on the dock instead. Watched folks jump in the river from the rope swing and canoe, kayak and floatillla by. Saw Great Blue Herons and Osprey. It was quite lovely.

Now, I'm watching a movie. Have a great evening, everyone!

:tumble:

Last edited:

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
8/3
I ran Windows 3.0, 3.1, 3.11, 85, 98, XP, 7, 8. I hated ME and Vista. I liked 7. 8 was simply 7 with a different interface I found easy enough to dismiss. 8 returns to 7's desktop view without Vista's resource hogging. The start menu makes a return and here, in the start menu, is where you'll find live tiles. You can turn touch features on or off. I'm liking it...
9adbfd7d04efcded8b1dcb22c29c2fb3.jpg

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
First - @angelphyre . . . Thinking of "You" and sending an extra . . .
big-hug-smiley-face.gif

@liblue1 . . . Although, "You" are suffering though the heat, Glad to read Ya' are enjoying "Your" Special Day . . . AND - From "jpf" just for "You" . . .

@Fuzzy Thunderbear . . . Right there with Ya', except using XP Pro . . . :thumbs:
(BTW: Can see why they call Ya' "Fuzzy" . . . ;) )

@Shawn Hoefer . . . Yep - Same here Windows 3.0, 3.1, 3.11, 85, 98, & ME - before XP Pro . . . AND - When at a Friends I've used 7 Home Edition which wasn't to bad . . . AND - Although WIN 10 has perked "My" interest, after reading up on some of the privacy issues (everything Ya' do goes to MS via a keystroker program) and it becoming more proprietary ladened - like an Apple, I'm re-evaluating any possible upgrade . . . So just gonna wait and see how things go . . . Let us know after "You" use it for awhile - OK . . . ;)

Okay - It's that time again . . . ;)

For "Everyone" In NEED . . .

"GOOD VIBES" & "Healing Thoughts"

. . . being sent "Your" Way

Once again - For all of the 'Tree-Peeps" already gone to bed and those about to go . . .

Hope Ya' have very restful night and pleasant dreams . . .

th_smiliesleeping.gif

Okay - I'm done for the Day . . .
putertired.gif

It's . . .
bedtime.gif

AND - I'm off . . .
gotobed.gif

Good "MoringNite" All - See Ya' Tomorrow . . .

nighttree.gif

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
8/2
Think I'll buy one or two more RTAs and then call it quits... that and one more mod...

I've narrowed it down to an Erlkonigin and a Goblin Mini. The reason I've narrowed it down to these two is that they can both be used to make single coil build and I've found that single coil builds are much easier to create and maintain in my TC mods. Maybe a Flash E Vapor, too

The one more mod is the iStick 100. Just so I can say I collected 'em all...

I really wanted the Squape R, but all of the clones seem to have issues, and I ain't spending that kind of money on an authentic.

Really, I'm trying to experience all the different modes of vaping and then, I'm sure I'll settle... I have RDAs, Gennies, Kayfuns, Autodrippers... am I missing something... anything?

I'll happily send anyone a convo with my inventory to peruse to help me determine what I might be missing...

@Uncle I do not worry about legit keyloggers such as those from MS and Google. At this stage of the game, I truly believe that if you think you can hide AND use a computer, you are deluding yourself...
The-World-Is-Losing-Its-Big-Trees-2.jpg

Fuzzy Thunderbear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2015
NOWHERE, SD, USA
8/2 #6
I ran Windows 3.0, 3.1, 3.11, 85, 98, XP, 7, 8. I hated ME and Vista. I liked 7. 8 was simply 7 with a different interface I found easy enough to dismiss. 8 returns to 7's desktop view without Vista's resource hogging. The start menu makes a return and here, in the start menu, is where you'll find live tiles. You can turn touch features on or off. I'm liking it...

Yep - Same here Windows 3.0, 3.1, 3.11, 85, 98, & ME - before XP Pro . . . AND - When at a Friends I've used 7 Home Edition which wasn't to bad . . . AND - Although WIN 10 has perked "My" interest, after reading up on some of the privacy issues (everything Ya' do goes to MS via a keystroker program) and it becoming more proprietary ladened - like an Apple, I'm re-evaluating any possible upgrade . . . So just gonna wait and see how things go . . . Let us know after "You" use it for awhile - OK .

I am feeling pretty old after reading these. I started on a dumb terminal connected to a Cyber mainframe, then a dumb terminal connected to a Vax PDP/11-70. My first desktop was a Lisa (Apple) in which I later installed a Mac brain (a little software an Apple guy gave me at a convention) but the Lisa screen ratio was 2:3 and the Mac was 1:1 so the graphics were hosed (circles came out oval). The company started using Windoze 3.0 and 3.1, so I learned that, then got a real Mac (OS3 at only 33MHz - I still have it and it still works fine - slower than molasses, but it does work). Using the Mac, I missed Windoze 3.11 and 85 and 98 standard edition. When I came back to Windoze (at home), it was 98 special edition (98SE). I never did ME or Vista. I am running XP Pro now and Lannie has Windoze 7 Home (which I hate). One of the things Windoze did that ticked me off most was dumping my favorite mail program (Outlook Express) and that Live mail crap on 7 is something I don't even want to fuss with. So Shawn, keep us all updated on Windoze 10. Especially ways to defeat their "improvements" that take control out of the hands of the user. What Uncle says about "everything Ya' do goes to MS via a keystroker program" is, to me, a concrete wall stopper. I'll go to Linux before I let Microsoft have access to all my stuff.

008 back to Smith Rocks (new views).jpg

More Smith Rocks and Crooked River

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread