Status
Not open for further replies.

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
Saweeeet!! I will be stalking the mailman this week!!!! Thank you again. I can't wait to see what you made! :)
I'm thinking of ways to decorate my tanks....lol...the bases should be here (eventually) and I need something really sparkly to match the Disrupter.....lol

Amraann

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2011
Florida
In the apartment complex on the right? We were on base (McChord) while I was in high school and I had friends in that area after high school. :) My first job was at the KFC right over the bridge on Bridgeport. :)

It was on the right but I think you had to go like a block down a little side road.

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
I totally get what you mean about wishing you knew now what you knew then. I had a VERY scary person with one of those guys that hawks magazine subscriptions door-to-door when my daughter was a baby. Thank God my neighbor called while he was inside my apartment (he locked the door when he came in and was trying to get me to partake of illicit substances with him while my daughter slept in the only other room in the apartment). She BANGED on the door demanding that I let her in. She had heard in my voice that I was terrified and came to my rescue). Since those guys travel on a route I had no idea who to call and report him, or even if it was legit. I had never seen one of them before. I have never, ever bought a magazine from one of them since!!!
That is terrible. I am sorry you had that happen to you :( it is scary when someone does something like that to you.....

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
Hey, y'all....got up early cause its park day for me and Max...but seems he might have a touch of the same bug Jim had a few days ago, and he's not going anywhere today. YUCK!!! He needs a bath, and not one in the pond at the park. So...we're home for the day!
Big hugs for Max :) poor guy :( I hope he starts feeling better.

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
I'm thinking of ways to decorate my tanks....lol...the bases should be here (eventually) and I need something really sparkly to match the Disrupter.....lol
I love the nail polish color coding! If I was any kind of artistic I would do that, too, and take those nail decorating polish pens and paint little scenes on them, but I would mess up just trying to paint the tops with regular polish! It's because I am left handed. Everything I can't do is because of that. :p

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
TY, TY...I hate having to wrestle him to get his tail end cleaned up...lmaoooo
Poor guy :(
My Ram was the best bather ever, he would set so still for me. When I first started bathing Zeus he was not as easy at all. Now, he likes baths, but he does not like me to scrub or spray around his but, lol He will turn circles sometimes. Lol
With all that hair it is not fun trying to get something out of it back there.

Amraann

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2011
Florida
I caught up!!

I step away for a few hours to clean and you all got way ahead of me!!

Redrebel, I am sorry that Max is not feeling well. Poor little fur baby. Cooladdict, our Worfy was a freakishly large golden too.

Thanks for the kitty pictures!! SO cute! I am kitten sitting for my neighbors cats this week.

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
oh man - that is no fun at all - we have a great dane and he can be a little cantankerous at times, especially when he doesn't want to be pilled, lol
When my dogs have needed pilled I wrap the pills in cream cheese. It works perfect!

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Poor guy :(
My Ram was the best bather ever, he would set so still for me. When I first started bathing Zeus he was not as easy at all. Now, he likes baths, but he does not like me to scrub or spray around his but, lol He will turn circles sometimes. Lol
With all that hair it is not fun trying to get something out of it back there.

I am tryinng to get Homer used to baths now, before he gets super big. He gets his third one today. I hope he doesn't do what Suzie used to do and try to jump out IF we could even wrestle her into the tub! She only got baths with the hose outside in the summer when she got big. For a water dog she was a terror in the bath tub!!!

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
I caught up!!

I step away for a few hours to clean and you all got way ahead of me!!

Redrebel, I am sorry that Max is not feeling well. Poor little fur baby. Cooladdict, our Worfy was a freakishly large golden too.

Thanks for the kitty pictures!! SO cute! I am kitten sitting for my neighbors cats this week.
He was one in a litter of just 3, and the only male. He came into this world twice as big as his sisters and he is still that way! He is 124 pounds and his people said their vet said this is his optimal weight. When we had him he was 117 and our vet said it was his optimal weight, lol! I guess when you are a huge Golden, a few pounds here or there doesn't make much difference. :)

And your post is making me feel guilty! I really need to at least mop the floors. Homer has never mastered the art of drinking from a water bowl and makes huge, muddy puddles and then tracks it everywhere. Silly puppy. :) He just went down for his afternoon nap so I need to take advantage of that and get the floors done. I will feel a whole lot better once that chore is out of the way. Until he wakes up and starts all over again, that is. ;)

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
The windy plains of South Dakota
That's one of the reasons I got and kept clients when I was doing farrier work full time....i KEPT appointments, usually arriving a bit early, and if I was working on a problem horse and an appointment ran long... I'd call the next one to let them know. Not common with farriers around here :p

You are EXACTLY right! We had a guy, back when we lived where other people were, that not only did a GREAT job on our horses' feet, but always showed up on time, or called, even if he was only going to be 10 minutes late. I TREASURED him, and was sad to lose him when we moved. He was SO good with the hosies, too. ;)

Out here, there are no farriers, or at least none that will come out this far. There are a couple in the Rapid City area that cater to the foo-foo horse-show girls... Rich and I used to trim feet by me holding the foot up, and Rich using the nippers (once nipped, we didn't bother rasping! LOL!), but his back and knees can't take that kind of bending anymore, and apparently I'm not strong enough to use the nippers. So our silly hosies have "natural" feet now (and thank God neither of them has any problems), and they have to break them off as they go. They get to looking long and raggedy every once in a while, then all of a sudden they're nice and neat again. If I thought I wouldn't get myself killed, I'd thought of maybe some kind of Dremel with a rough sanding barrel thingie on the end, but these two horses we have now would probably jump straight up to heaven and take me with them. I wish you lived close to us. A good farrier is a priceless asset! :D

~Lannie

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
You are EXACTLY right! We had a guy, back when we lived where other people were, that not only did a GREAT job on our horses' feet, but always showed up on time, or called, even if he was only going to be 10 minutes late. I TREASURED him, and was sad to lose him when we moved. He was SO good with the hosies, too. ;)

Out here, there are no farriers, or at least none that will come out this far. There are a couple in the Rapid City area that cater to the foo-foo horse-show girls... Rich and I used to trim feet by me holding the foot up, and Rich using the nippers (once nipped, we didn't bother rasping! LOL!), but his back and knees can't take that kind of bending anymore, and apparently I'm not strong enough to use the nippers. So our silly hosies have "natural" feet now (and thank God neither of them has any problems), and they have to break them off as they go. They get to looking long and raggedy every once in a while, then all of a sudden they're nice and neat again. If I thought I wouldn't get myself killed, I'd thought of maybe some kind of Dremel with a rough sanding barrel thingie on the end, but these two horses we have now would probably jump straight up to heaven and take me with them. I wish you lived close to us. A good farrier is a priceless asset! :D

~Lannie
If I move back to SD some day I'll fix ya up :p

As to the back thing.... This is what I use
Hoofjack® Hoof Stand

I'm 6' tall, these help a lot.
If you get yourself a good rasp (no cheap china ones), and keep up s regular schedule, you can do "natural" hoof care... Around here that means more cost for less work....all you are doing is rasping the hoof to proper angles, no paring out the sole etc..

NancyB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
AZ/USA
www.davidshome.com
In all the travels I have had, to this day I can't think of anything more beautiful than coming into Seattle on the ferry at night. That is something I have told my kids. It is a skyline I will always remember...no no no, the space needle is on the left. [emoji106]

Having grown up on Mercer Island to the east of Seattle, I remember fondly seeing Seattle at night across Lake Washington, like it was sitting atop some glowing sticks or pillars! The night lights were awesome shining bright across calm Lake Washington. My Mom lives still on MI and close by the old ferry landing on Roanoke Way - we moved there in 1945, I left the area in 1962 for college in Ft. Collins, then down to southern California... til we retired in 2000. Fond memories of deer on the Island that would swim the lake from down where the old hydroplanes began the Sea Fair Races each summer (Seward Park - couldn't think of the name of that peninsula).

From emails, sounds like Sea Fair is beginning to happen again on the Lake with the Blue Angles practicing and such this week. I remember walking out about 3/4ths the length of the Floating Bridge (2 miles long) to sit out the races on the bridge, then walking back to the Island when it was all over. Haven't been able to that in ages! haha

I came back to the Island the summer of 1962 after a 3 mos. bicycling trip all over Europe with an American Youth Hostels group from the NW - and we went to the Seattle Worlds Fair and went up to the top of the Space Needle - WOW - what a view from up there! (and rode the monorail too!) Seems like yesterday, but actually was 53 yrs ago (grin).

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
The windy plains of South Dakota
If I move back to SD some day I'll fix ya up :p

As to the back thing.... This is what I use
Hoofjack® Hoof Stand

I'm 6' tall, these help a lot.
If you get yourself a good rasp (no cheap china ones), and keep up s regular schedule, you can do "natural" hoof care... Around here that means more cost for less work....all you are doing is rasping the hoof to proper angles, no paring out the sole etc..

I've seen those hoof jack things before. Clever! Then I had a mind movie of one being totally destroyed by our manic silly Arab boy. Squelched that idea. I can always let go and get out of the way, myself. ;)

I'm not brave enough to do sole paring, having NEVER done anything but watch that being done, but there was this really cool rasp thing that was angled just so, and if you kept it up weekly, kept the hoof at a perfect rounded edge... and that was only $39! (It was prolly only worth $10, but hey, $39 is better than $199!) I could use THAT by myself. While I was tootle puffing on my binkie, of course! ;)

~Lannie

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
I've seen those hoof jack things before. Clever! Then I had a mind movie of one being totally destroyed by our manic silly Arab boy. Squelched that idea. I can always let go and get out of the way, myself. ;)

I'm not brave enough to do sole paring, having NEVER done anything but watch that being done, but there was this really cool rasp thing that was angled just so, and if you kept it up weekly, kept the hoof at a perfect rounded edge... and that was only $39! (It was prolly only worth $10, but hey, $39 is better than $199!) I could use THAT by myself. While I was tootle puffing on my binkie, of course! ;)

~Lannie
They absolutely will not be destroyed... Trust me, I've done some bad'uns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread