aspire atlantis 2 vs freemax starre pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy Schreiber

May 27, 2015
I got a Starre Pro from Vape Royalty. Great tank, fantastic flavor, above and beyond other tanks I've tried (Smok TCT, Atlantis 2 with nickel and kanthal coils, arctic with nickel and kanthal coils). Fantastic combination with my Opus DNA200, although I can say that the rating of the .15 coils of 20-100 watts is definitely off because I wouldn't leave it set to more than 60 regularly as it simply will regulate down to about 35-45 (at the lower range generally) watts instantly to maintain temperature.

It really is close in flavor (close is the key, not the same obviously) to several RDAs I have tried that have been properly coiled and wicked (Velocity, Twisted Messes, Royal Hunter, Tug boat, etc). However, apparently I got one from the first batch which have had a leaking issue. I caution you about this if it seems that the vendor just got them in. I would recommend Vape Royalty because of the excellent customer service there. Jake at Vape Royalty has offered to replace the tank for free, sending it to me with a pre-paid shipping label to send back the leaky tank and even offered me store credit to get a different tank, however, I already bought coils and used coils from those 5 packs and would then lose money.

I did notice that with the Starre Pro compared to the Triton that the Triton may be put together a bit better. While the top fill may be easier to actually get juice into with the Starre, I am not a huge fan of the way the on/off valve operates on it. Granted, this could be related to my leaking experience, but I think even if I got one that didn't leak I would be worried about its operation, it just doesn't have any positive click or feedback when you are turning it on and off, there is just no confidence in the setting if that makes any sense. That is not to say the Triton has a click or anything, but you can see the juice holes on the chimney of the Triton close when you open the Triton, which does not appear to happen with the Freemax (maybe this is something they fixed). I am not really sure how the on/off valve works, obviously it closes the juice inlets on the top of the tank, but I think it also releases the suction on the chimney which has a spring piece in it...maybe someone can explain this better.

All in all, I would say Starre Pro for sure based on what I have heard about the Triton (which has been good, but not great - again, just what I heard), however, I can't recommend it yet til I get my new one in that supposedly has had the leaking fixed. I realize I am probably in a minority that received leaky tanks, so take my skepticism with a grain of salt. Thankfully, I bought from a reputable vendor that stood behind their product with the assistance of Freemax.

Reactions: dcfluegel

winstonk24

Jun 22, 2015
Tfv4 looks really interesting. I wish their ni200 had more details I see they are not tripple or quad thou what a shame..

Uwell crown! Idk why I didn't buy that one... Next time

My starre pro on the other hand is amazing!!! No leaks amazing flavor and cloud production. I'm vaping at 40w 550F sometimes I hit temp control but the .25 coil is spot on after refinement!!! No dry or burnt hits. IV gone threw 10 tank fills so far! I'm going to stick to it till I go threw my 5 pack of coils. If what I read is true it'll be months till I run out of coils :)

Aspire Atlantis 2 and vaporshark coils are being sent back they don't even compare...

Reactions: dcfluegel

Jace75

ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2015
Vaporsharks coils are poop aren't they. They were my first try a temp control almost didn't bother trying anything else but I'm now waiting for some smok tct coils to put in my vct pro after experiencing the enhanced flavour I got with the Ni200 kanger coils but the disappointment of how short the life of them was. I'm hoping to find one that lasts and tastes good. Anybody tried the delta 2 ti coil yet or there ni200 coils. Really don't fancy being the first to try all these coils need some pals that live local to get on board the vape train so we can share experiences.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    Funny, I have the VS coils for the Atlantis2 and have been nothing but very happy with them. I generally use my Atlantis2 tank for flavored mixes and while the VS coils have decent flavor, I've gotten much better out of tanks with a build deck. The major drawback for the Atlantis2 is the insane cost of the VS coils (I'm testing some 1/2 price Chinese knock-offs 0.2 ohms right now) and Aspire does not offer an RTA for the Atlantis.

There is a 3rd party RTA that is claimed to be compatible with the Atlantis2 (I have two on order) which would bring the cost of operating the Atlantis down (if they work as claimed) however the default configuration of the Atlantis2 does not hold much juice and I can empty it in a matter of a few hours.

While Atlantis coils are compatible with at least two other manufacturers tanks and the air flow on the Atlantis is more than I need I'm currently hoping that the 3rd party RTA's save mine from the scrap bin as I prefer not to be stuck purchasing store bought coils. (especially at the VS prices!)

dsheik

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 18, 2014
    overland park, KS
    Funny, I have the VS coils for the Atlantis2 and have been nothing but very happy with them. I generally use my Atlantis2 tank for flavored mixes and while the VS coils have decent flavor, I've gotten much better out of tanks with a build deck. The major drawback for the Atlantis2 is the insane cost of the VS coils (I'm testing some 1/2 price Chinese knock-offs 0.2 ohms right now) and Aspire does not offer an RTA for the Atlantis.

There is a 3rd party RTA that is claimed to be compatible with the Atlantis2 (I have two on order) which would bring the cost of operating the Atlantis down (if they work as claimed) however the default configuration of the Atlantis2 does not hold much juice and I can empty it in a matter of a few hours.

While Atlantis coils are compatible with at least two other manufacturers tanks and the air flow on the Atlantis is more than I need I'm currently hoping that the 3rd party RTA's save mine from the scrap bin as I prefer not to be stuck purchasing store bought coils. (especially at the VS prices!)

Who is this 3rd party that has this RTA? Id be interested in that as well. I have 3 Atlantis V2 tanks and really like them overall, would be nice to have an RTA option for them.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    Who is this 3rd party that has this RTA? Id be interested in that as well. I have 3 Atlantis V2 tanks and really like them overall, would be nice to have an RTA option for them.

You can Google it (like I did) or since I still had a order confirmation in my inbox I peeked and found that I had ordered a few "Anyvape Sega Tank RDA V2" which I'm under the impression that it is compatible with the Aspire Atlantis2.

Even with shipping 2x of the above RTA's cost less than a 5 pack of VS coils and if they don't work, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Reactions: dsheik

dsheik

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 18, 2014
    overland park, KS
    You can Google it (like I did) or since I still had a order confirmation in my inbox I peeked and found that I had ordered a few "Anyvape Sega Tank RDA V2" which I'm under the impression that it is compatible with the Aspire Atlantis2.

Even with shipping 2x of the above RTA's cost less than a 5 pack of VS coils and if they don't work, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Thank you. It appears from product reviews that this will work with the Atlantis tanks Good find sir.

jseah

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 16, 2015
    Hudson Valley, NY, USA
    Reactions: dsheik

winstonk24

Jun 22, 2015
    I probably won't order anything else from vaporshark to be honest...

After my quality control issues with my 200$ flask and my occ ni200 vaporshark coils no way. Sorry vaporshark.... I would send my flask in but I have no other mod to keep me going. Shouldnt have to anyways being 200$ I know off topic but I really wanted vaporshark products to work!

jseah

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 16, 2015
    Hudson Valley, NY, USA

There are three other nickel coils that work in the Atlantis.

20150807_132854.jpg

From left to right is the Vaporshark Atlantis coil (0.15 ohm), the VapeOnly vAir-T coil (0.25 ohm), the Eleaf EC nickel head for the Melo and iJust2 (0.15 ohm) and the Smokeme BOC nickel coil for the Subverter (0.1 ohm). I was going to write up a thorough comparison review, however I had just gotten the Smokme coils in the mail yesterday and haven't gotten around to using them yet. The other coils I have used.

Vaporshark (cost: about $22 for 5) - I love the Vaporshark Atlantis nickel coils. They last forever for me if you are using a clear (or fairly clear) juice that isn't too sweet. I have been using the coil in an Atlantis 2 on an Evic-VT at 500 degrees F and 45 watts. This coil has been in use for six weeks and I have vaped over 80 ml's of juice on the coil and it still works as flawlessly as the day I first put the coil in there. I am also using the same coil in an Aspire Triton and have been using it heavily for 3 weeks now and have put at least 50 ml's of juice through the tank in the past 3 weeks. I have used juice ranging from 50/50 to max VG and the coil can handle them all without leaking, gurgling, or running into slow wicking issues even when I'm chain vaping.

VapeOnly vAir-T (cost: about $10 for 5) - This coil has an adjustable juice flow. In my experience, especially if you are using non-max VG ratio juices, you have to close off the juice flow to almost fully closed. I think the juice flow adjustment ring is loose enough where the juice can seep through to the wicking cotton even if the juice flow is closed. If the juice flow is opened up too much, the juice will flood the coil and seep down into the tank bottom hardware and will leak out of the AFC all over your mod. On the Atlantis 2, I noticed that the juice will pool up in the bottom hardware and the juice will actually start to burn from the heat of the coil before it starts leaking out. On the Triton, it leaked out of the AFC air holes. The build quality is also not so good. The first 5 pack of coils I went through, one of the coils actually fell apart on me. The bottom pin was basically held in place by the friction of the positive lead of the coil, so it popped off as soon as I barely tugged on the bottom pin. The coils only last me about two weeks or so, and as the coil gets old, the cotton wicking material will actually start to shred and get pulled up through the center of the vertical coil (looking down the center of the coil you will see little bits of cotton coming out of the middle of the coil).

Eleaf EC (cost: under $11 for 5) - Just received these coils a week ago and have been using one ever since. They seem to work pretty good, although I have only been using them for a week so I haven't been able to tell exactly how long one of these coils will last me yet. I have been using a 60VG juice with this coil so I have not been able to judge how well this coil will handle a max VG juice. These juice holes are the same size as the Vaporshark coils, so I would expect the performance to be similar. One thing I have noticed too is that the wick hole is a little lower on the barrel than the Vaporshark coils, so when screwed into the Atlantis 2 bottom hardware, the wick holes are actually inside the bottom hardware (the top half of the holes are not visible just above the bottom hardware like the Vaporshark coils), so basically you can vape the tank dry. I do notice that the coil itself seems to not wick as well when the juice level is near the bottom of the tank as it does if you have a full tank. I have been using this on an Atlantis 2 on a SX Mini and the very first tankful of juice I used, when the juice level dropped to a hair above the tank bottom, I got a "Dry Coil" warning on the SX Mini and intermittently the mod started vibrating in my hand when I tried vaping and it would not fire up to the full 40 joules that I had it set at. When I filled the tank back up with juice, this disappeared and now I have gone through 4 tanks of juice, vaping it all the way to the bottom of the tank and haven't had this happen again. The only thing I can think of that may have happened is that perhaps an air bubble was trapped in the wicking material and that cause a situation where the coil actually ran dry?

Smokme Subverter (cost: under $11 for 5) - As mentioned already, I just received these coils yesterday and haven't gotten to using them yet. Need to wait until one of the coils in my three Atlantis/Triton tanks or the coil in my Freemax Starre Pro needs replacing before I can use this. The juice holes on these coils are HUGE....as big as the juice holes on the Atlantis 2 (0.3 ohm) and Triton (0.4 ohm) coils. The width of the coil is a little wider than the Vaporshark 0.15 ohm coil, but narrower than the Triton 0.4 ohm coil. The Vaporshark coil will fit a 5/32" drill bit so that means it measures out to be around 4 mm. The Subverter coil will fit a 11/64" drill bit, so that means the diameter of the coil is around 4.5 mm. According to Aspire's website, the diameter of the 0.4 ohm coil is 5 mm. My one concern is that with the size of the juice holes, and the diameter of the coil, this could result in some leaking in the coil with lower VG juices, as that seems to be a problem that plagues the Triton coil.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread