Status
Not open for further replies.

SlickWilly

Tinkerer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
NY
Heck, I still use Office 2000. It works!

Willy, I had a security business, alarms and guards, for almost 20 years. 24/7 of phones that always, always, had to be answered no matter what. That was after working for a guy who believed that the phone had to be answered before the third ring. Ever since that, I avoid the phone like the plague.

Ugh, yeah I bet your happy those days are behind you! My wife is the GM of two hotels, the workers know it takes her 15-20 minuets to get home. I know she'll be pulling in about 5 min when I see the hotels are calling and from there it will continue to ring until she's back on the floor no matter what time of the day or night it is, we hate it but that goes with the job.

Anyways, back on topic, I'm having so much fun with this mod! :thumbs: I was vaping it in bed last night while watching TV, woke up in the middle of the night and it was laying on my chest LoL. :laugh: It's a little big for my liking but it does feel good in the hand and I like the heft of it, just too big to stick in my pocket when I go outside. Yeah I differently have to build the second one smaller for on the go use, but even that may be too big for me and I may go with 40's for on the go. I'm really hoping Evlov will come out with a smaller board, like the 40 but with the same features with escribe, THAT would be awesome! :)

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
I use a flip phone, too, WIlly. Why would I want to pay almost $100 a month to make phone calls? A phone is a phone, to me, a VOICE communications device. I just saw a news piece that says the "average American" sends 40 text messages a day. Heck, I waste enough time here on ECF already!

I hate change, too, but it is inevitable. I loved XP, worked in IT from Win 3.1 through XP, and XP was the most solid OS Gates and Company ever came up with. I tried WIn8 and that is a complete bust to me. Useless unless you have a touch screen, and who wants finger prints all over that nice, big screen, monitor? I went to Win7 because support, from MS, ended and security holes are always a problem. Vista is "ancient" and has too many security problems for me. If you already have and use Win7 spring for the disks and load it up. Win7 is pretty solid, plus you get an upgrade to Win10 for free.
Oh my god, 100+?

I pay monthly 22€ for 3 numbers with 7000 minutes each included nationwide.

They don't give any phones (you buy them) but 22 isn't the end of the world. 100+ would make me send letters and bottle mail.... :/

Regards
Tony

Sent from my keyboard through my phone or something like that.

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
Heck, I still use Office 2000. It works!

Willy, I had a security business, alarms and guards, for almost 20 years. 24/7 of phones that always, always, had to be answered no matter what. That was after working for a guy who believed that the phone had to be answered before the third ring. Ever since that, I avoid the phone like the plague.

and here i've been given a hard time for my 2003 office edition! :D

thanks to whomever for this topic ;) i hate texting with a passion and the few times i use it to get a hold of my boy i limit myself to ''ok'' and get charged 25 cents :?: - highly aggravating! :laugh:
checking on 'viber' and free texting, i just learned i can do this with my regular email program from my laptop using the boy's phone number@text.att.net and it works! :thumbs:

bilboda

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2012
Miami, FL
But but but, it's not just a cellphone. My camera takes hdr images and is capable of 4k images and video. Some stunning macros are possible . I get macro and telescopic lenses on the cheap from fasttech. My unlimited 4g can be wifi tethered, unlimited and used as backup for when my regular internet is down. I get 33 mbs downloads,. It makes a great music player for long walks and I can do free worldwide calling (got a sis in the far east with the same app) It's a oneplus one on T-Mobile. The oneplus 2 is out with an improved camera + some other improvements. If I can't get to sleep, I can watch cable with my SiliconDust Homerun thru the wifi until I nod off and at some point I'll be watching 3d movies (as soon as I can find some) with a cheap strap on (don't!) lens doohickey.

It does make calls. I get texts from folks calling in sick though. Got to stay up with the times at work too. Al for about 68 bucks with my corporate discount and unlimited everything.

Cotay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
Central Coast California
Bad news this morning, my DNA200 board in the U-Frame build just up and randomly died. The box design is great...I'm bummed that I'm going to have to hassle with replacing the board. Luckily I have another board from Protovapor that is supposed to be delivered tomorrow so I can swap it out. Seeing how responsive Evolv has been with replacing bad boards, I'm not too concerned about getting a replacement. The box was working beautifully all evening yesterday and this morning it simply wouldn't fire. Nothing is registering on USB and EScribe won't recognize it now. The battery has tested fine as well, so it just seems to be some random bug. Oh well...stuff happens! ;)

BobC

Reformed Squonker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Downtown Charleston, SC
Well I can connect to the mod through virtual pc, vpc doesn't support connecting to the host usb ports unless it's a storage device like a thumb drive. Unless Evolv comes up with a fix for Vista it look's like I'll have to use a laptop for escribe, bummer.
Works fine with VMware/Win8.1/Macbook Pro here

Reactions: SlickWilly

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
So the U-Frame build went reasonably well today. My wife was out for the afternoon, so the build took longer than I wanted while I was watching the kids. I had it all put together and started having odd battery issues...tracked it down to a cold solder on the balance connector. After a teardown and minor re-solder of the connector it's working great! I like the look with the black VT 510 and rounded black buttons. It's definitely big at 98mm x 65mm x 28mm, but it feels really good in the hand (and I don't have exceptionally large hands), especially with the rounded back facing the palm.

20150801_175316.jpg

Too bad my build partner fell asleep and left me to do all of the work. :D

20150801_083815.jpg

@Cotay can you post pictures of the c frame next to some other mods for size comparison? :)

Cotay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
Central Coast California
@Cotay can you post pictures of the c frame next to some other mods for size comparison? :)

Here is it next to a IVP4, SXMini S-Class and a VS rDNA40. It's 8mm deeper than the IVP4 and about 3mm wider. It's about 4mm deeper and 7mm taller than a Vapor Flask.

20150802_153736.jpg

20150802_153828.jpg

Here it is in my hand. I normally wear men's M/L gloves depending upon the glove sizing, more typically men's L.

20150802_153945.jpg

Cotay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
Central Coast California
Well that c frame is gorgeous (me like *cough* want). what battery is in there?

(btw PM sent ;) )

Thanks...I really like it. I only wish my DNA200 in it hadn't bit the dust this morning. I'm replacing it tomorrow with a new board from Protovapor that is supposed to be used in a different design. I've posted on the Evolv EAF forum to see about a replacement for my next design that's coming shortly.

The battery in it is the Multistar 1400mAh. MultiStar Race Spec 3S 1400mAh 40-80C Multi-Rotor Lipo Pack For FPV Minis

The frame was designed specifically for this battery, but you could get by with a shorter one...the key measurement is the width of 20mm (actually about 19.95...the Multistar is really about 19.5mm). They are pretty popular with the RC crowd so they are always on back order...but Hobby King gets them in regularly. I've discovered that you have to backorder it to get in line...they always go out of stock quickly.

Last edited:

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
Thanks...I really like it. I only wish my DNA200 in it hadn't bit the dust this morning. I'm replacing it tomorrow with a new board from Protovapor that supposed to be used in a different design. I've posted on the Evolv EAF forum to see about a replacement for my next design that's coming shortly.

The battery in it is the Multistar 1400mAh. MultiStar Race Spec 3S 1400mAh 40-80C Multi-Rotor Lipo Pack For FPV Minis

The frame was designed specifically for this battery, but you could get by with a shorter one...the key measurement is the width of 20mm (actually about 19.95...the Multistar is really about 19.5mm). They are pretty popular with the RC crowd so they are always on back order...but Hobby King gets them in regularly. I've discovered that you have to backorder it to get in line...they always go out of stock quickly.

In Stock right now and good price too :)

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
My Hana v200 is fixed. I replaced the screen and it's alive again!!! :D

2015-08-02%2021.15.17_zpsr3nwcqhg.jpg

*Edit*
I left the JST connector on there because I'm lazy. I'll probably get around to replacing it soon but since I don't really vape at crazy wattages, it should be fine for me. I did reverse the + and - buttons because that's the way I like my screen oriented.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread