6992 kilometers from home...

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
I've been around.
I won't visit any threads with the name "Provari" "Provape" or "P3" in the title or subject any longer...
The clone worshipping, flame-war instigating, post-reporting folks have found their way into those threads, and have decided to wreak havoc...including reporting me for a "racist" post, which was INSANELY UN-RACIST...
So I pop into some off-the-beaten-path threads like this one, every once in a while.
If that was the post I'm thinking of, my girlfriend thought it was cute and giggled. Again, if it's the one I'm thinking it was, you were a victim of ECF double standards. I stated it at the time and I'm saying it again.

I know it's hard when you're the victim, but try to rise and get over it.

Reactions: DPLongo22

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
Hey Mr. Steve, have you tried these? I know it seems like a steep price but worth it. They last a really long time and the flavor and vapor is outstanding. After every 5ml tank, I run them under super hot tap water for 30 seconds and blow the water out. I then dry burn at 3.7 volts. As soon as the coil begins to glow, I release button. You do not want to burn the wick. I do that 8 times and tap it upside down on my palm so the excess water soaks the wick and repeat the dry burn routine until coil starts to glow on first button press. After a 30ml bottle, I rinse under hot water blow water out and soak in Everclear for at least a hour, rinse under hot water and do the dry burn routine. I know that sounds like a lot of work, but they usually last a good 150ml. Basically, just follow instructions on website... making sure to follow the split second rule to not burn the wicking.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
Hey Mr. Steve, have you tried these? I know it seems like a steep price but worth it. They last a really long time and the flavor and vapor is outstanding. After every 5ml tank, I run them under super hot tap water for 30 seconds and blow the water out. I then dry burn at 3.7 volts. As soon as the coil begins to glow, I release button. You do not want to burn the wick. I do that 8 times and tap it upside down on my palm so the excess water soaks the wick and repeat the that dry burn routine until coil starts to glow on first button press. After a 30ml bottle, I rinse under hot water blow water out and soak in Everclear for at least a hour, rinse under hot water and do the dry burn routine. I know that sounds like a lot of work, but they usually last a good 150ml. Basically, just follow instructions on website...

Not yet, but I am going to order a couple. I am familiar with HH.357 Cisco spec coils, as I have been using their dripper attys for a while. The 2 I have are still going strong about a year and a half later...

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
Not yet, but I am going to order a couple. I am familiar with HH.357 Cisco spec coils, as I have been using their dripper attys for a while. The 2 I have are still going strong about a year and a half later...
Oh yeah, LOVE the 357LB! Killer flavor! I don't think it gets any better than that! I prefer the 2.0 but have worked with the 2.5

Seriously, regarding the rebuilt coils, if you are careful enough and don't burn the wick while cleaning, you'll see... I did burn a couple slightly while learning, but now I don't. In fact, I set one of the profiles on the P3 for cleaning those. 3.7 volts and NO BOOST! You might find your own routine but that works for me.

I use them in my Nautilus (duh) but I bet they are way killer in the Kabuki...

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
Oh yeah, LOVE the 357LB! Killer flavor! I don't think it gets any better than that! I prefer the 2.0 but have worked with the 2.5

Seriously, regarding the rebuilt coils, if you are careful enough and don't burn the wick while cleaning, you'll see... I did burn a couple slightly while learning, but now I don't. In fact, I set one of the profiles on the P3 for cleaning those. 3.7 volts and NO BOOST! You might find your own routine but that works for me.

I use them in my Nautilus (duh) but I bet they are way killer in the Kabuki...

There really is no better flavor than a broken in .357. I'm thinking maybe with the Cisco Nautilus coils it would be easier to just replace the wick with the same size ReadyXWick and just wash and blow out the coil...

Reactions: DPLongo22

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
There really is no better flavor than a broken in .357. I'm thinking maybe with the Cisco Nautilus coils it would be easier to just replace the wick with the same size ReadyXWick and just wash and blow out the coil...
Wish I could help you out but I don't rebuild so I'm a dumb :censored: when it comes to that. Jackie is the rebuilder in the family. She used to rebuild Kanger heads and uses a K4. I did get out the jewelers visor and checked it out to see what I could tell you. It looks like if your meticulous enough, you should be able to. I mean Avid does it, right? I think I remember him rebuilding the rebuilds when he was perfecting the process with prototypes. I believe the wicking is silica so it lasts. You know, you don't have to be as .... as I am and clean it every tank full. The first couple I didn't clean until after a full 30ml bottle but found out they last longer cleaning more often. Only one way to find out, right? I'll tell you this, the wire he uses is way thicker than the original. It's beautiful to be truthful. If you do try it, I'd be curious to know how it works out for you.

Last edited:

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
Wish I could help you out but I don't rebuild so I'm a dumb :censored: when it comes to that. Jackie is the rebuilder in the family. She used to rebuild Kanger heads and uses a K4. I did get out the jewelers visor and checked it out to see what I could tell you. It looks like if your meticulous enough, you should be able to. I mean Avid does it, right? I think I remember him rebuilding the rebuilds when he was perfecting the process with prototypes. I believe the wicking is silica so it lasts. You know, you don't have to be as .... as I am and clean it every tank full. The first couple I didn't clean until after a full 30ml bottle but found out they last longer cleaning more often. Only one way to find out, right? I'll tell you this, the wire he uses is way thicker than the original. It's beautiful to be truthful. If you do try it, I'd be curious to know how it works out for you.

I'm not into re-building, either. It probably is pretty tight in there, so maybe not worth replacing the wicks when they go, and at only $10 replacing them after 150ml, or so makes them pretty cheap...

I'll be getting a few once I decide between a Classic or P3...

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
I'm not into re-building, either. It probably is pretty tight in there, so maybe not worth replacing the wicks when they go, and at only $10 replacing them after 150ml, or so makes them pretty cheap...

I'll be getting a few once I decide between a Classic or P3...
Your mileage may vary depending on juice and what not. But yeah, I'm sure you will enjoy. With the one I am using now, I am on my second 30ml bottle. 2.0 ohm @ 10 watts and am thoroughly enjoying it. Plenty of thick vapor and flavor, plenty. I use higher PG juices.

Do you have a Classic or P3 yet? You can't go wrong with either but I can tell you, Jackie and I went from the V2 to the P3 and the more we use them, the more happy we are we decided to go for it.

Not that you don't now, of course, but it sounds like you have some serious enjoyable vaping ahead of you.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
Your mileage may vary depending on juice and what not. But yeah, I'm sure you will enjoy. With the one I am using now, I am on my second 30ml bottle. 2.0 ohm @ 10 watts and am thoroughly enjoying it. Plenty of thick vapor and flavor, plenty. I use higher PG juices.

Do you have a Classic or P3 yet? You can't go wrong with either but I can tell you, Jackie and I went from the V2 to the P3 and the more we use them, the more happy we are we decided to go for it.

Not that you don't now, of course, but it sounds like you have some serious enjoyable vaping ahead of you.

I'd be fine with just getting 30ml out of a coil. I'm still trying to decide between a Classic and P3. I actually like the looks of the Classic better and vape 2ohm coils around 3.6-4v, so don't need the extra power of the P3... If it's like a Cross between a carto tank and HH .357 I'll love it... I'm actually happy with my 2.5s, but I want a Kabuki with ProVape threading...

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
The closest I come to rebuilding is priming a coil, then putting it back into the popped-open blister pack, for one reason or another.

You can't go wrong with either choice, Steve. Trust your instincts. Or ask the girls. ;-)

HB, are you serious? I have NO IDEA which post you're referring to. I recall nothing even close.

Kabuki changed the game for us blister-packers. I'm very glad we jumped into the pool.

Last edited:

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
HB, are you serious? I have NO IDEA which post you're referring to. I recall nothing even close.
Sadly, yes.

I'd like to think I don't have a reputation for being dramatic, or exaggerating things...so I hope my absence has served as a testament to what I'm saying about the wrong people finding their way into threads they don't belong in.

I've had other users tell me "Don't let someone else ruin your experience." but that's easier said than done, when that someone else can have you suspended or banned, just because they feel like being a [bad word].
So, like grease on a frying pan, I'm clinging to the edges of my existence on the ECF...there's this thread, and one other, that provide my daily reason to return...other than that, all my other haunts are off limits in my new rule book.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I'm truly sorry to hear that, HB. I do hope you bounce back and let it roll off. I feel compelled to quote a very wise @The Ocelot , who just recently said to me:

"...it's just the internet, not worth getting upset about. Song along with me:"

wish_upon_star.jpg

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
I'd be fine with just getting 30ml out of a coil. I'm still trying to decide between a Classic and P3. I actually like the looks of the Classic better and vape 2ohm coils around 3.6-4v, so don't need the extra power of the P3... If it's like a Cross between a carto tank and HH .357 I'll love it... I'm actually happy with my 2.5s, but I want a Kabuki with ProVape threading...

Go with the Classic.

If you don't need the extra features why not?

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
There are Two reasons to buy the P3, to get the P3 top and the IQ.

Other than that....?

You get the top on the Classic. Do you need the IQ?

The IQ feature isn't really something I would probably ever pay much attention to, like VW. My batteries never get very low, as I use multiple ProVari and switch batteries out frequently. I put in fresh ones before I go out and if I am going to be out and about long I take spares...

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
As I've become so accustomed to seeing info almost instantly (on several mods), I use my P3's more than my other beloved provi's. I now love seeing the percentage of battery remaining so easily as well as having the data I use the most available either instant or with one button push. (ohms, voltage/wattage level set)

I played with a Classic for a bit and would easily consider if it came in Ti. ;) The system is very similar, but I'd miss that % as it uses a bar graph system. There was something else too -- I believe it may not have shown both the set power level as well as the corresponding watts or voltage.....but don't quote me on it. :) Overall it was a very nice device and certainly within my "needs" as a vaper.

I love my Kabuki and more Ti could mean more Kabuki! (Also, if it ever came out in that Unicorn Purple---uh oh! Can Zencoat be done on Ti? I'm saving already at the thought.:thumb:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread