Status
Not open for further replies.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Mine hasn't leaked at all, but didn't think much of the 0.4ohm stainless steel coil, flavor wasn't there, also the same for the RTA, just wasn't impressed with it, the only thing that I did like that I got with it, was the 1.8ohm coil, that vaped awesome at 23 watts, but didn't want to get drawn into having to buy coils all the time, so ordered the Segatank RBA for the Atlantis.

The Atlantis RBA head turned up last night, and now I am happy with the Triton, I used the coil that was already installed on it, but re-wicked it, and this thing is impressive, had my mod maxed out at 60 watts and was vaping great, I'm not normally a high powered vapor, so I have settled on 35 watts, it does drink juice like any subtank, but the flavor and vapor is awesome.

So my advice is do not waste money on the triton RTA head, it isn't very good, just get the Atlantis RBA instead ;)
Which Atlantis RBA head are you using?

nic_fix

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
longtime subtank mini user. the flavor is somewhat better on this and it does not leak! not leaking is gold to me after using the st for so long. overall the triton wins. not by much in the vape but no leaking is key to me. although I heard people had it leak all over. maybe left the holes open. I don't know. nautilus leaked too. I can see they have a much better seal on this. it is large for 3.5ml but that is okay.

I had a question though. the 510 is too wide for my friction fit tip. any way I cam make it work short of wrapping it with Teflon tape?

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
longtime subtank mini user. the flavor is somewhat better on this and it does not leak! not leaking is gold to me after using the st for so long. overall the triton wins. not by much in the vape but no leaking is key to me. although I heard people had it leak all over. maybe left the holes open. I don't know. nautilus leaked too. I can see they have a much better seal on this. it is large for 3.5ml but that is okay.

I had a question though. the 510 is too wide for my friction fit tip. any way I cam make it work short of wrapping it with Teflon tape?

Funny that you bring this up. I've had my two Triton tanks running and had tons of spitting, gurgling and flooding...but never full on leaking- until just tonight.

It's also the first time I've taken either thank out of the house now that I think about it; I usually take something smaller on the go. But I went to a baseball game tonight. I was paranoid about the leaking since I've had all the other problems, so I filled it with high VG juice, hoping it would be safer. (It seems to lessen the gurgling and spitting, so I hoped it would help the same with this.) I locked this tank down tight and this was actually on my mind. I thought I was just being paranoid...but apparently I can see the future.

I was super careful all night, kept it somewhat upright in my pocket.......but at the 7th stretch I went out to have a vape, and it leaked like no other. Seriously- eff this tank. All over my cell phone, pocket....drenched in juice.

I have over a dozen tanks, and aside from a flying mishap, nothing has ever leaked on me. My Nautilus had issues, but never a full leak like this. Note, I did leave the bottom hole slightly open; barely, since that's all I use. But apparently that was enough. I'm so done. Never again Aspire, never again.

This-tank-does-leak.

Last edited:

nic_fix

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
you sure the dial did not turn open? was it very hot out? geez man I am sorry. I hate a ruined ball game. no, I never had spitting from either. I meant the stm always leaked from the gasket which indecently I had upside down. that prompted it to leak out of the pin! you know maybe this is the reason to get a good rda. just can't deal with those. have to be so patient to drip. I use 30ml a day! not kidding. I am just waiting for the triton to leak. I will not give it any funny looks.

ot. I said my usage. worried now. I saw a crime show where a man poisoned his wife with nicotine. however the autopsy said she had the equivalent of 600 cartons of analogs. maybe not worry then lol.

the triton leaks a drop out the vent but that is just condensation how hot I get it. bothered by ni200 coils. hard to get. maybe this was a dumb purchase after all. I might get the new stm if you guys tell me two slots is better. honestly I am getting tired of what stuff costs that does not work. most any tank if it gets hot enough will dump it's cookies. that's why I asked if it was very hot out. or if I chain like a madman it will just go right on my shirt. good thing I do not have to wear button shirts anymore.

I figured I would put a drop of pure silicone on the drip tip. my luck it is stuck on here then it starts leaking! I have it very hot right now and no leak yet. perhaps gasket breaks down from heat. ill give it a week. flavor is better ill give it that.

Reactions: drysprocket

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
Thanks man, it really did put a damper on the night, but I'll live. And it wasn't so much hot, as it was humid. I think that might have something to do with it. The sun was setting when I arrived, so I don't think it was full on heat. And I had baggy cargo shorts, so I dunno. But I'm sure the dial was on vape mode the whole time.

hah and thanks funny about the nic level.

Well, I dialed down my nic to 6mg, but at 12mg the spitting and gurgling was more noticeable (I'm using a 1.8 coil) I'm sure that mine is not condensation. With a dark juice I use I can just tell that it's pure juice coming up to the top. With the lighter juices, I can totally see why people chalk it up for condensation though....but I'm pretty sure it isn't.

And ya, the flavor sure is nice, that's the tragedy and why I keep trying to make this thing work. When it does it's a champ..

Reactions: nic_fix

nic_fix

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
at least it was not mlb playoffs! mine is leaking through the 510 too! dang dang dang! these replaceable cart tanks all leak. that is the down side. never had a kfl+ leak but others sure did. yes, humid could be a factor. if the barometer pressure is up think what is happening there. do not get why mine leak into the mod though. all of them. I wish mods had a sealed 510 for chip protection. my current mod is shrouded in plastic. gd knows what is on the chip. failed rdna too. this really upsets me. not only are these convenient, I cannot build due to disability. people said sure I could but I honestly cannot. others build for me but I do not like to be a burden. this is sad. at least it is not leaking on my hands I guess. my stm before the gasket was seated literally drained in 10 minutes on my shirt. that was my fault but my eyesight is not good either. trifocals. the taste on this is so good though. as good as rda almost. better than stm for sure. not as much clouds. I had to back off temp from stm. on ni200 I am at 36w 420f. maybe too hot is why it is leaking. I think these coils should be like 23 watts but that is too tootie for me. this just bums me because it is my only option to be able to vape. just wipe it off. on hands blows though. juice is very viscous with high vg and it makes a mess of hands drop mod. oh well. it is what it is. if someone could invent one that is sealed they would make some money. not that kanger and aspire are not. I would like to see an American version of these. although stm is well built and triton is very well built by the looks of it. I wonder about starr but do not know where to get one. if in fact it does not leak. know nothing about it.

yeah that is the thing. besides I cannot build I just discovered the true flavor. a tragedy indeed. I am glad you are positive. if that happened to me at a game I would be with my arms up and not cheering. I have sat in the rain only like 10 people in the park but get to move to best seats. always loved baseball. I am old. babe ruth gave me his autograph once. I am older than yogi berra! so you can see why these are very important to me. a man in his 90's cannot be expected to build please.

nic_fix

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
my leak is definitely condensation steam. it has beads o the glass because the metal gets hotter. plus spitting a little juice from the air slot due to being very hot. has not barfed like yours. yet. truth everyone of these type of devices leaks in ne manner or another. have to live with it or get an rda. I simply cannot do that. I do have plenty of them but of little use to me. I just hope these improve in the future. why the juice is inside the mod I don't now. must be through the pin. stm did too. taste is king though.

edit: it just leaked all over. oops. so much for that.

edit2: I poured the juice down the chimney duh. that is why it all leaked out. it is very difficult to fill this thing. pouring from a bottle is near impossible. you need a long squirt tip then the hole is too small to accommodate it. I might just have to go back to the stm. shame really as this tastes much better. any ideas on filling this thing?

Last edited:

bekka

Verified Member
Mar 19, 2015
Tulsa, OK
I have had my Triton now for a week and a half....I must be one of the lucky ones! I am using the .4 ohm stock coil at 32 watts and it is vaping pretty good overall. I am a chain vaper and use 80/20 (sometimes 70/30) PG/VG.

I have had very few problems with the tank (compared to the Sub Tank Mini). The Triton leaked a little out of the drip tip air holes so I closed them that stopped that problem; I noticed a little bit of juice in the air flow control valve (and on the bottom outside near the 510 pin) so whenever I fill it I just take out the coil and wipe out the base with a Q-tip; Then I noticed a small leak from time to time from the air holes in the AFV so I fixed that by switching the bottom O-ring with a Sub Tank Mini O-ring. It has been several days since switching the O-ring and it seems to have solved the problem I have only had two drops leak out since then.

As for filling....I use an eye dropper or a curved Dental syringe (see photo).

Attachments

• syringe.jpg
    syringe.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 67

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
you sure the dial did not turn open? was it very hot out? geez man I am sorry. I hate a ruined ball game. no, I never had spitting from either. I meant the stm always leaked from the gasket which indecently I had upside down. that prompted it to leak out of the pin! you know maybe this is the reason to get a good rda. just can't deal with those. have to be so patient to drip. I use 30ml a day! not kidding. I am just waiting for the triton to leak. I will not give it any funny looks.

ot. I said my usage. worried now. I saw a crime show where a man poisoned his wife with nicotine. however the autopsy said she had the equivalent of 600 cartons of analogs. maybe not worry then lol.

the triton leaks a drop out the vent but that is just condensation how hot I get it. bothered by ni200 coils. hard to get. maybe this was a dumb purchase after all. I might get the new stm if you guys tell me two slots is better. honestly I am getting tired of what stuff costs that does not work. most any tank if it gets hot enough will dump it's cookies. that's why I asked if it was very hot out. or if I chain like a madman it will just go right on my shirt. good thing I do not have to wear button shirts anymore.

I figured I would put a drop of pure silicone on the drip tip. my luck it is stuck on here then it starts leaking! I have it very hot right now and no leak yet. perhaps gasket breaks down from heat. ill give it a week. flavor is better ill give it that.
Use the Vaporshark Atlantis nickel coils. I'm using one in my Triton now and it is 2 weeks and 2 days since I put it in and not one single leak. My friend has been using a Triton and the Vaporshark coil which I gave her for a week and she did get a leak, but that was because her dropper was a bit wide, so when she was putting juice in, some juice got squirted into the chimney and came out of the AFC. I ended up buying a bunch of plastic bottles with needle tips and gave her two so that when she puts juice in, it definitely goes in the juice fill port and not into the chimney.

nic_fix

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
using vs nickel. I too put it down the chimney. hence my leak. duh. holes are tiny. I just burnt up a coil on a failed mod. it was looking to go several weeks. once you have this figured out it is pretty good actually. just wish the holes were bigger. cannot pour from a bottle like stm. once I had it down less mess in fact though. left on fill and I thought a whole box of vs coils were bad lol. second duh. for me at least this took a little getting used to. I se no leaks as of now.

SteveElbows

Jul 6, 2015
Midlands, UK
So its just over 3 weeks for me now. I accidentally made some juice that was more PG than VG and then put it in my Triton by mistake. But I've vaped more than a tank of it now without flooding, gargling or leaking. As usual I'm on the 1.8ohm coil at around 20 watts.

So, if anything my experience with this tank has got better with time. The large range of differences in different peoples experiences with leaking, flooding and gurgling tends to suggest that we haven't figured out all of the relevant factors that cause this yet.

bekka

Verified Member
Mar 19, 2015
Tulsa, OK
mine leaks a lot through the base afc. I still prefer it to stm which leaks through pin on me. can't win. be careful not to force flit it or it will pour all over out of the afc. learned that lesson. so much for top fill. problem is the tiny holes. if I can get this starr people talk about.

Mine started doing that so I fixed it by replacing the bottom O-ring with the Sub tank mini o-ring (see picture). It has been several days and so far it is working pretty good.

triton seal.jpg

Guzz

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2014
Tempe, AZ
Well got my triton and RTA head today and all I can say is, I am happy I didn't pay for this tank, started with the RTA head, and it was easy to build on, but found it not that good of a vape, flavor wasn't that good for a rebuildable, then went to the 0.4ohm coil and wasn't expecting anything special, as I am a mouth to lung hitter, but the flavor was better, but nothing to right home about.

So thought what the hell, I'll try the 1.8ohm coil, even though can't remember how long ago I vaped a higher ohm coil, and this one surprised me, out of all 3 options, this one gives a really good vape, vaping it at 23watts, and the flavor and vapor is awesome, so for this subohm tank actually is better when not subohming.

But I don't want to be tied to buying coils, so I have ordered the Atlantis RBA head, not sure it will work on the Triton, but the Atlantis coils do, so why not try the RBA.
Actually, I have done a 1.8 ohm BVC build on the Triton RTA. I used 28 gauge Kanthal wrapped around a 2.0 mm drill bit. Damn near exact performance of the 1.8 ohm factory coils. It did gurgle a bit in the beginning, but it smoothed out nicely after awhile because the cotton finally swelled up enough with the juice. Haven' had a dry hit, even chain vaping it. Actually all my builds so far gurgle in the beginning. I've tried using more cotton, wrapped more tightly around the coil, but then it's to tight and the juice won't wick properly and I get dry hits.

I might try using 26 gauge with more wraps next time to see how it turns out.

Reactions: SteveElbows

joefisch330

Sep 10, 2013
Erie, PA
So I would like to update this post concerning a couple things:

Firstly I said I would update my experience with efun.top. the shipping did take longer than I hoped. (It shipped many days after they said it would, I think by about 4 days.) I did receive the tank and rba section though and I will say I am pleased with the product, which brings me to the second part of this post.

I was using a subtank mini plus before I got my triton. After having my triton for nearly a week I thought to myself "I have two of the best sub ohm tanks on the market and I'm only using one of the two." So last night I built a coil and threw it into my subtank. In my experience it was a decent tank. If you don't clean it every few days it does leak out of the bottom o ring, but that can be avoided. I haven't experienced any leaking with the Triton and never did with my Nautilus that I had before my subtank. As far as vapor and flavor, I have to say the subtank wins in both of those categories. Not by much, but I think the subtank produces a little bit more flavor and vapor. They are both great tanks and I am happy to own both. As long as you maintain both of them I think you can run both of these bad boys with no issues.

Happy vaping!!!!

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Reactions: boandlkramer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread