Status
Not open for further replies.

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
Work wasn't too bad today even though I had one of my least favorite dogs to groom. His name is Devon but it should have been Devil. :laugh: After work I went to Ollie's and bought a ton of kcups. $3.99 to 5.99 a box or a box of 80 for about $25. I got smaller boxes because I wanted all the different flavors of cappuccino and a couple of packs of dark roast. Picked up a few other odds and ends but mainly went for the kcups.

When I got home hubby was almost done hanging a super long shelf on the long wall of the office. We're putting some of our kitchen appliances that I don't want to get rid of but don't have the room in the kitchen. He said next payday he'll go get the flooring for the office and start putting it down. I'm gradually getting stuff more organized and decluttered over here. We had two sets of dishes but I pulled them out of the cabinets and going to use the one I got a a wedding present. Hubby got those out of the attic for me this morning. He could only find 6 sets (they're sold as individual place settings). It's phaltzgraff brand so I can order a couple more place settings I want more. I could have sworn I had 8 sets but it's been so long ago I may be wrong.

While doing all this cleaning and organizing my house looks like a kcup factory and dish store exploded in my kitchen and a Michael's craft store in my office. The office is coming along with a quarter of the room full of stuff I'm going to try to put in my mom's yard sale hopefully next month so I can get it out of here. Morgan's been a big help with the organizing. I had her go through all my gift bags and wrapping supplies and put them neatly in a under the bed storage container. Today she organized two of my four boxes full of ribbon. :facepalm: I probably have about 75 rolls of different ribbon. I'm having here take each spool of ribbon and put it in a small plastic storage box that has small holes on the side. You just pull the end of the ribbon through the holes. Saw that trick on Pinterest. I have one whole large section of shelving just for canning supplies, about 50 or more canning jars of herbs and a few boxes of stuff I haven't gotten to yet. There is still a whole closet in the hall with nothing but craft stuff in it. Then there is the sewing corner of the living room with a shelf that has 8 cubby holes with baskets in the cubbies and all are filled with fabric or some other sewing related gadget including two slap full to the brim sewing boxes that I slide under the sewing desk. :facepalm: I'm having a very difficult time parting with some of this stuff. What if I need it one day? :laugh: Hubby was shocked to see the amount of stuff I had shoved in every hole I could find. :laugh: I don't complain about his hunting, guns, reloading supplies and leather working stuff so he doesn't really say a lot about my craft stuff vape supplies.

Time to go make a kcup caramel cappuccino...Only 2 points! :laugh:

Last edited:

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
My current to do list. I'm a bit OCD. :facepalm:

a92306c5f1620bdc183a83c85b4aea58.jpg

f06b35fd2f9fdbef6701ba884213c93d.jpg

6fe477e549d96b5380878a743c20bced.jpg

Last edited:

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
Tiff's list made me thirsty, going to meet friends for a drink. :p

My list makes me thirsty too. And I could always use a nap but it's not usually on the list. If I lost the notebook I have these in I would be in extreme panic. I have the general to do list and next to my chair are file folder holder that I file stuff that needs attention.....medical bills go in the medical folder, etc. I have an action file for things that need attention and also a file to put stuff that needs to be filed in my master file box. :facepalm:

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
A file for stuff that needs to be filed... :blink: Love ya Tiff! :)

:lol; Yep, I have a file for every thing. You should see my master file box. I'm in the middle of revamping it now. There's a category for everything under the sun. My favorite category is a file that says "I have no idea where to file you" :facepalm:

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
Last one out last night and first one in this morning. And I've already been to Walmart for groceries for two hours.

Today I really need to work on clearing off my kitchen table. It's covered in new school supplies, new dishes, old dishes, hubby's overnight work bag and uniform, and probably more on the bottom. One of Morgan's chores today is to reorganize the last two boxes of ribbon. Right now I'm not doing anything. I told hubby to prod me with a stick in a few minutes to make me get up and be productive. :laugh:

Hope everyone is sleeping in and enjoying their Sunday.

Bamrz

Z.A.P.T. Member*
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2010
PA, near Philly
Ian came over with Alex, cut the grass and seriously trimmed the front. Good thing, my mail carrier was sticking my mail in the door slot because the mailbox was getting overgrown! :facepalm: Ian grabbed 2 bottles of juice as payment, good thing I'm a juice ho! :lol:

Now doing laundry with a frosty adult beverage in hand, life is good! :)

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
Yuck to no a/c. We'd suffocate with it here.

I've been walking around the past two hours looking at the office and planning where each item is going to go. Then I had to write it all down or I wouldn't stop thinking about it. :laugh: If we go by my plans of placement then we should have extra room on a couple of shelves. Now I've got my labeler out and making labels for each box so it will face out and I know what is in there. Every thing will have a home with room to spare. I'm sure it won't take long for us to fill it up again. :laugh: I have been very careful over the last several months to not bring in anything unless it had a function. I am doing well with that with the exception of buying every basket, cubby, plastic box, and buckets (all to match). I went a little over board and now I have too much and it has taken over one of my closets.

Sure wish hubby would get up so I can vacuum and Morgan can mop.

efirdj

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
Clover, SC
Good morning all.

Been a heck of a weekend... I did manage to relax a little bit Saturday. Slept in. Mrs E went to work. Made the kids do all of my chores. Played a video game for the first time in months. Made breakfast for dinner. That actually came out better than I expected. I cooked up some sausage patties, then poured pancake batter directly over the sausage so the patties were embedded in the pancakes. Kinda tasty. When Mrs E got home, she pulled some sheets out of the dryer and saw these tiny bugs in the lint trap... Bedbugs... Since it was a load of Melanie and CJ's sheets, we got both of them up and I took them outside, stripped them down to their underwear (it was after midnight, so I wasnt worried about them being seen), and inspected their clothes. Sure enough, Melanie had about a dozen bugs on her shirt. CJ had about half that. Both had a few more on them. While I was doing that, Mrs E pulled the clean sheets back off of their bed. It was bad. So Sunday morning, Mrs E went to the store to get all sorts of stuff to try to get rid of the danged things while I cut the grass. I spent the rest of my early afternoon taking beds apart and spraying every nook, crevasse, crease, cranny, and wrinkle with bed bug killer. Then I sprinkled Borax all over the carpet and scrubbing it in. Then sprinkled baking soda and scrubbed that in. Covered the mattresses with bedbug covers. We had to buy new pillows and covers for those. We've done no less than 15 loads of laundry in two days. Between the lice from a couple of weeks ago to now, we've had to almost completely drain our savings account to pay for all this. The good part of the last two weeks, is that Mrs E has been able to pull 45 and 35 hours at work for the last two weeks, and her boss showed her how to change her check to tax exempt for one check, so the OT she was able to work and the extra hours last week will all go to us, and not the IRS. It may decrease our tax return a little bit by the end of the year, but not by much. And we're going to need every penny in hopes of being able to pay our already ungodly water bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread