Status
Not open for further replies.

louie325

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2015
i am a super noob i dont think otherwise
a few months ago i got a istick 50 w and a subtank mini
been using the rba using 26 gauge kanthal
i have been using the little blue screw driver that came with the subtank usually make a micro coil with 5 to 7 wraps always seem to get .5ohm to .7ohm usually vape at 22 to 25 W
my questions are the lower the ohms the higher the wattage? or the higher the ohm the lower the wattage ?
and what type of build do i need to make to utilize all 50w? i have never gone above 30w

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
i am a super noob i dont think otherwise
a few months ago i got a istick 50 w and a subtank mini
been using the rba using 26 gauge kanthal
i have been using the little blue screw driver that came with the subtank usually make a micro coil with 5 to 7 wraps always seem to get .5ohm to .7ohm usually vape at 22 to 25 W
my questions are the lower the ohms the higher the wattage? or the higher the ohm the lower the wattage ?
and what type of build do i need to make to utilize all 50w? i have never gone above 30w

No, lower ohms does not mean higher wattage.
If you use a mech, whenever you use lower ohms you get higher wattage.

Thicker wire needs higher wattage per ohm.

If your 0.6 ohm 26 gauge 6 wrap works at 22 watts,
then adding more wraps will require more watts;
so 12 wraps will need 44 watts.

but your mod will need to have enough voltage to do the job.
so just try like 9 wraps, and that should take you up over 30 watts;
if you can get the diameter up to 3mm that might help too with wicking.

Fit_Four_Life

Verified Member
Jun 14, 2015
quick and simple response
sorta saying you can go up in W until you find your sweet spot on lower ohm's ?
or should i go with 24 gauge and see how that works out?

I don't know those answers, I use pre-made coils on my builds (0.5, 1, 1.2 & 1.5 ohm coils) I believe the higher resistance coils heat up faster? Or at least the thinner gauge (higher resistance) coils heat up faster?

I generally Vape at around 10 to 12 watts as I don't like a warm Vape and don't chase Clouds, but my istick 30w with a 0.5 ohm coil at 12 watts can produce quite the Cloud.

Fit_Four_Life

Verified Member
Jun 14, 2015

louie325

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2015
Can I ask a question??

Are you not happy with the vape you are getting from the subtank and simple .5-.7 coil at your wattage??!!

That almost exactly what I have my RBA deck built to for my iStick that I take on the boat with me, I find it very satisfying!!

not really the situation just wondering more than anything
i see people using 50W 75W 100W and i wonder why or how are they achieving that
the vape is good dont get me wrong

NOVA jon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2014
Northern virginia

Gotcha, was just curious!! And since I have the same setup, I will be sticking around to see what others say.

I have played around with other builds on the deck, honestly, not sure, particularly with the subtank mini, you are going to get it much better than the build you have working now!

More power doesn't necessarily mean better!!

louie325

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2015
Gotcha, was just curious!! And since I have the same setup, I will be sticking around to see what others say.

I have played around with other builds on the deck, honestly, not sure, particularly with the subtank mini, you are going to get it much better than the build you have working now!

More power doesn't necessarily mean better!!

try a twisted 3x 32 gauge real nice vape and the flavor is nice usually vape around 25W

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
They are using multiple coils. 100W through 4 coils is 25W per coil. 50W through 2 coils is 25W per coil.

And lots of airflow to cool all those coils.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Reactions: Fit_Four_Life

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada

The watts you set are the watts you get, resistance makes no difference as long as you stay within the voltage and amperage output capability of the mod. OTOH, if you use thinner wire at higher resistance, you will generally be able to put fewer watts into it and still avoid burnt hits.

Your mod can fire 0.2 ohms minimum, and has 10V and 25A output to work with. You can get all 50 watts with resistance between 0.2-2 ohms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread