Not open for further replies.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
good grief Q, that is a lot of work for you...too good for this world. Said it before, I'll say it again...:)

I'll bow out of this one. I think best you keep it within your continent!! Hopefully Buggs will get a spares package together online at some point when they have moved. I will wait for that and leave you in peace!! :)
Oh yes, he also told me that spares would be available on their webstore (as well as at their Resellers) soon. For a small fee.

And yes folks, pls start PMing me your requirement/s and your shipping addresses. @TheotherSteveS - you too pls. Btw, I've sent Rayon till Malaysia, Ukraine (@raitizz - you there!), ANZ etc. UK is much close by. No issues ;)

raitizz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Riga, Latvia
Oh yes, he also told me that spares would be available on their webstore (as well as at their Resellers) soon. For a small fee.

And yes folks, pls start PMing me your requirement/s and your shipping addresses. @TheotherSteveS - you too pls. Btw, I've sent Rayon till Malaysia, Ukraine (@raitizz - you there!), ANZ etc. UK is much close by. No issues ;)

Latvia, but that's ok, Ukraine is only one other country away ;)
About the spares - I wouldn't say no. Maybe I'll wait for them to appear on the site too.

R

Last edited:
Reactions: qorax

IanDVaypes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2014
Austin, TX
So I get a bill from UPS Logistics this weekend...a shipment from Mark Bugs Productions. $17 for steel goods? Is this standard practice? I've never gotten a separate bill from the shipper in addition to the shipping I already paid before.
I did too! :-x

What happens if I don't pay up? Are they going to come by and take my goods? I'm moving very soon anyways so they can stop delivering to my name at this address if they want to.

mommabird62

squonkhead
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
NC

That is so kind of you qorax! I would like the spare packet but since they will be offered at the webstore and resellers, I will go that route. That is alot for you to keep up with [emoji6]

Hopefully it will be posted here when they are released. Haven't lost any of mine yet, but it can happen. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk with my paws :)

Mommabird62

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
So I get a bill from UPS Logistics this weekend...a shipment from Mark Bugs Productions. $17 for steel goods? Is this standard practice? I've never gotten a separate bill from the shipper in addition to the shipping I already paid before.
That's Custom Duties and their 'handling charges' over it. I've been hit 90% of the time here, in Canada, while receiving any courier packages (viz. DHL, FedEx, UPS etc.).
I did too! :-x
What happens if I don't pay up? Are they going to come by and take my goods? I'm moving very soon anyways so they can stop delivering to my name at this address if they want to.
Tho most of the times mines' were collected upfront I had been sent a bill thrice like that. All three were with FedEx. If you don't pay up it'd eventually go to a Collection Agency and those letters will haunt you for a considerable time before they go cold.

hobbes4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2009

I got hit with $25 customs charge at time of delivery.

Yozhik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2015
Chicago, IL
Does anyone feel like the Gem could also be adapted to make a great flavor RDA (or hybrid RTA/RDA if you prefer)? My thinking is that one could keep the base pretty much the same. As to above the build deck, the chamber could be part of the cap that screws on. Also, since it's not being gravity feed, one could open up the wick holes considerably (and maybe include different build decks). Finally, there just needs to be an outer wall that the top screws onto to provide the juice well.

The idea here is that it more easily allows you to taste different flavors, same as a dripper, but in a similar setup as a flavor atomizer (which I don't feel most RDAs can achieve). Basically, just as the Calix RTA has the Apolla RDA, wouldn't it be nice if the Gem RTA had a similar RDA?

IanDVaypes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2014
Austin, TX
That's Custom Duties and their 'handling charges' over it. I've been hit 90% of the time here, in Canada, while receiving any courier packages (viz. DHL, FedEx, UPS etc.).

Tho most of the times mines' were collected upfront I had been sent a bill thrice like that. All three were with FedEx. If you don't pay up it'd eventually go to a Collection Agency and those letters will haunt you for a considerable time before they go cold.
The only thing is, ups only has my address and name. I plan on moving in a couple of months so good luck on them finding me. Plus my dl is still in another state as that's my legal address.

JeepR KReapR

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2014
SE Michigan
I still haven't had a chance to build on either of my GEMS yet, life has just been way to busy since they arrived 2 weeks ago.

Sounds like 8-9 wraps of 28ga Ni200 might be a good place to start with a TC coil. Unfortunately I only have 3mm coiling rods. What drill bit size would equate to a 2.5mm diameter coil?

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
I believe that would be a 3/32

Untitled.png

Last edited:

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
I still haven't had a chance to build on either of my GEMS yet, life has just been way to busy since they arrived 2 weeks ago.

Sounds like 8-9 wraps of 28ga Ni200 might be a good place to start with a TC coil. Unfortunately I only have 3mm coiling rods. What drill bit size would equate to a 2.5mm diameter coil?

I'll be impressed if you get a spaced 8 wrap 28g coil in there! Not saying it isnt possible but man that is going to be tight and the coil will have to be perfect!

JeepR KReapR

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2014
SE Michigan
I'll be impressed if you get a spaced 8 wrap 28g coil in there! Not saying it isnt possible but man that is going to be tight and the coil will have to be perfect!

Yeah, having not built on the GEM yet I may have to modify that strategy as I go!

Dave86

Aug 4, 2015
Hi,
Anybody else having difficulties with the wicking of this beauty? I'm nearly at my wits end with it, at the point of drilling out the wick holes a little bit more. Has anyone done this? I just feel I've gone through a ton of builds, various wicks etc but just keep on getting dry hit after dry hit. I don't think I'm alone after scrolling through this thread I just can't seem to get it right, surely it can't be that hard I mean I've been coiling now for over a year on various other rtas, or maybe a fraction of a mm do count!! I just compared the wick holes on my stock subtank nano coil and they are nearly twice the size of these, now I now that this is maybe an unfair comparison but maybe just a little drilling would help....what do u guys & gals think? Any comments would be greatly appreciated as a wanted to have this mod and tank combo as my sole setup and after waiting for over a year for it to be released I'm just a bit gutted with it at the moment,
Thanks
D

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Hi,
Anybody else having difficulties with the wicking of this beauty? I'm nearly at my wits end with it, at the point of drilling out the wick holes a little bit more. Has anyone done this? I just feel I've gone through a ton of builds, various wicks etc but just keep on getting dry hit after dry hit. I don't think I'm alone after scrolling through this thread I just can't seem to get it right, surely it can't be that hard I mean I've been coiling now for over a year on various other rtas, or maybe a fraction of a mm do count!! I just compared the wick holes on my stock subtank nano coil and they are nearly twice the size of these, now I now that this is maybe an unfair comparison but maybe just a little drilling would help....what do u guys & gals think? Any comments would be greatly appreciated as a wanted to have this mod and tank combo as my sole setup and after waiting for over a year for it to be released I'm just a bit gutted with it at the moment,
Thanks
D
I believe it was @IanDVaypes (or is it @turbocad6) who has drilled out his. But he uses [near]100% VG. You may like to PM him for further info. Or he might chime in here. I and many others are going successfully with the stock mode, as it came out of the bag. No issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread