Status
Not open for further replies.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
The truth be known, being tidy, and neat, isn't in my nature. It's a constant struggle on my part to keep this as it is. Usually my work areas end up in a pile. :(
It is nice knowing tho, that at least here, I know where everything is that I need.

That's pretty much the way I am. My work areas are usually a mess. Whatever project I'm working on, I get too hyper focused on the project at hand, to put everything back where it belongs. It doesn't matter whether it's building coils, or laying a floor. Somehow though, I seem to know where everything is, when I need something.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
That looks like one of them baldor pumps and your fixin to run some big old copper mains for maybe a chilled water system ?

I don't remember which project, the picture was several years ago. It's actually 304ss. it was in a fab shop, whose primary customer was GE, for use in one of their nuclear projects. Everything we did required 100% radiography.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Nice work, Rule..I bet Chowderhead would like that 4jaw chuck on the back end, he seems to be going for the larger accessory lathe/mill equip these days...

I worked in that shop for about 4 years. It was very well equipped. 90% of their work was for GE Power Division. Money was no object, as far as equipment.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Nice. On jobs I've been involved in the specs only threatened X-ray. I've never seen a weld actually xrayed :)

You don't normally get to see them actually being x rayed. The Techs rope off the area, and kick everybody out.
In the shop pictured above, depending on the job, the spec was usually 10% of the joints x rayed, 100%, or random (which can mean anything). On a job that's random, it's best to treat every joint as though it will be x rayed, because you never know which ones the inspector will randomly pick.

dhaiken

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Here is a review I did on it :)

Thanks Russ.
That cost me $40.00 +/- at RTD w/a few other gadgets!
Needed one to match my kit.
I think I'll upgrade the tools in the kit and use the KBag for my gear and take both when I travel.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Thanks Russ.
That cost me $40.00 +/- at RTD w/a few other gadgets!
Needed one to match my kit.
I think I'll upgrade the tools in the kit and use the KBag for my gear and take both when I travel.

Damn. Sorry to hear that :) Yeah, I really like the bag. The tools in the DIY kit, aside from the Coil Master itself, ohms meter and those little sharp scissors - not so much. I much prefer USA made tools :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread