Dripper....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broodmance

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2015
Houston
Heh. My wife has been telling me to get a hobby....(she doesn't think video games count)
I don't think she knows what I'll be getting into.

I was going to do DIY juice first before learning the coils but I don't know now.

Drippers are great for diy. Makes it a lot easier for testing recently created recipes

Reactions: DergBerg

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
Now looking for a small White square dripper to rest proudly on the top of my white Smokeless Owl Squonker

The shop here in Oneida has a couple square ones I noticed the other day. I was looking for a square blue one for my Cherry Bomber but no soap. I'm between 3 and 99% sure they had a white one.

It would be just off Exit 33. Well, just off the way we do things up here so maybe 3 miles??

Reactions: thetrucker

DergBerg

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2015
instagram.com
Yup. I'm now debating on which one. Sapor, Hastor or Velocity

The Sapor is dual coil only (which really isn't necessarily a deal breaker). That being said, its airflow can be closed down to quite a tight draw if that is what you are into! Definitely a more flavor oriented atty, and also extremely leak resistant! However, I am not impressed with the quality of the post screws (little allen key/grub screws) Wotofo sent out with my Freakshow Mini. I have stripped two in two months!

The Hastur is a lot like the Sapor, but different aesthetically. I'm not too knowledgeable about the advantages this atty has over the Sapor, but this is once again a leak resistant and flavor oriented device. IT SHOULD BE NOTED that the company making this RDA had many quality control issues with the first device they released! Some people even reported bits of metal that were a couple MM long in the airflow channels. To be fair, the company (Cthulhu or something lol) was actually quite apologetic about this and communicated openly with customers about any issues they were having. So in my personal opinion, wait for some reviews!

Now the Velocity... everyone in my area is freaking RAVING about this atty. I have NOT used one. The deck does look quite nice to build on (in my opinion) and offers a solid platform if you would ever like to build temperature control coils. I can't get past the looks of this device. It's literally a Canadian from South Park lolol. Also, to me it seems like there is quite a lot of airflow on this atty. Therefore, more geared toward blowing plumes of vapor, BUT many reviewers are stating that the flavor is actually top notch. Approach this atty well educated! The authentic is quite expensive, but worth the cost IMO. If you are thinking about a clone of this atty (or any other), I personally recommend going to a B&M and THOROUGHLY inspecting the clone that they are offering.

Personally, I started on a Magma clone. Two posts and a huge juice well. It was the perfect first RDA for me.

Then I bought a Freakshow Mini 5 months later. It is often fiddly as hell (and leaky!), but overall I do really like it!

And last, I bought a Tobecco Clone of the Doge v2 a couple weeks ago. Freaking chincy quality found by me on this one folks lol. BUT, I have realized that by building very large coils, you can have really great flavor WITH Sir. Hugh-jass cloudage!

I hope this helps!! Cheers :D

Reactions: TeamSwish

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
The shop here in Oneida has a couple square ones I noticed the other day. I was looking for a square blue one for my Cherry Bomber but no soap. I'm between 3 and 99% sure they had a white one.

It would be just off Exit 33. Well, just off the way we do things up here so maybe 3 miles??

Ok thanks for the info and I know the store --the owner has 3 stores.---been there before but will visit again soon.

Reactions: Taptapslide

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
Ok thanks for the info and I know the store --the owner has 3 stores.---been there before but will visit again soon.

No your thinking of Vernon, this is Oneida.

The Oneida store is alittle different then what your used to. I go there alot cause its up the street. But...............

Reactions: thetrucker

sanguinesolitude

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2015
Well, you have already been told what a dripper is, so I'll just mention I love me some Dark Horse with the chuff cap. I bought a clone for ten bucks and I like it so much I've never built the Plume Veil that came in on the same day ;-)
been thinking of getting a dark horse as well, you like it?

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY

The Oneida store is alittle different then what your used to. I go there alot cause its up the street. But...............

Ok I thought you were talking of the store Vaporz-----I am always looking for a new vape equipment store and did not realize there was one in Oneida.

will google it nd visit sometime soon probably Thursday.

BennyAdeline

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2013
Los Angeles
Vaping is the "I'll never do that" type of hobby.

Switching to RDAs? I'll never do that.

Building coils? I'll never do that.

Vaping more than 10ml a day? I'll never do that.

Getting a box mod? I'll never do that.

It's all I do now. So much for budget hands ;(

Haha...so true. I've been vaping awhile and I remember the days of thinking I was using too much juice in my kayfun at 12 watts.

Now, between my wife and I both dripping and using true RTAs, I look at 500 Mls of juice in the drawer and get nervous about running out :cry:

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY

I just googled the Oneida store that your referring to and understand now it would be a little different than what I am normally used to----hahahahahahahah

TeamSwish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Detroit
The Sapor is dual coil only (which really isn't necessarily a deal breaker). That being said, its airflow can be closed down to quite a tight draw if that is what you are into! Definitely a more flavor oriented atty, and also extremely leak resistant! However, I am not impressed with the quality of the post screws (little allen key/grub screws) Wotofo sent out with my Freakshow Mini. I have stripped two in two months!

The Hastur is a lot like the Sapor, but different aesthetically. I'm not too knowledgeable about the advantages this atty has over the Sapor, but this is once again a leak resistant and flavor oriented device. IT SHOULD BE NOTED that the company making this RDA had many quality control issues with the first device they released! Some people even reported bits of metal that were a couple MM long in the airflow channels. To be fair, the company (Cthulhu or something lol) was actually quite apologetic about this and communicated openly with customers about any issues they were having. So in my personal opinion, wait for some reviews!

Now the Velocity... everyone in my area is freaking RAVING about this atty. I have NOT used one. The deck does look quite nice to build on (in my opinion) and offers a solid platform if you would ever like to build temperature control coils. I can't get past the looks of this device. It's literally a Canadian from South Park lolol. Also, to me it seems like there is quite a lot of airflow on this atty. Therefore, more geared toward blowing plumes of vapor, BUT many reviewers are stating that the flavor is actually top notch. Approach this atty well educated! The authentic is quite expensive, but worth the cost IMO. If you are thinking about a clone of this atty (or any other), I personally recommend going to a B&M and THOROUGHLY inspecting the clone that they are offering.

Personally, I started on a Magma clone. Two posts and a huge juice well. It was the perfect first RDA for me.

Then I bought a Freakshow Mini 5 months later. It is often fiddly as hell (and leaky!), but overall I do really like it!

And last, I bought a Tobecco Clone of the Doge v2 a couple weeks ago. Freaking chincy quality found by me on this one folks lol. BUT, I have realized that by building very large coils, you can have really great flavor WITH Sir. Hugh-jass cloudage!

I hope this helps!! Cheers :D

I really appreciate the write up. As of now I feel that flavor/leak proof is what I'm looking for most with a decent deck for a beginner builder also. I just realized that I have a sig 75 and a sub g tank are waiting at my door right now probably. I also bought a Herk tank last night on ebay that will be coming. I think that RDA/wire/etc might have to wait til next month.

Reactions: DergBerg

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
I just googled the Oneida store that your referring to and understand now it would be a little different than what I am normally used to----hahahahahahahah

Scribner's Variety E- Vapors - Oneida, New York - Shopping & Retail | Facebook

Thats the FB link. I'm not aware of any other.

I don't know what you've heard about Oneida but its prolly true and that store is on the edge of it. Its scummy but no danger. I was at Ralin's in Syracuse last week and while I'm no Oneida cheerleader I know now there's ghetto and there's GHETTO.

Take exit 33 and head into Oneida on 365. On the right a mile or so up you'll see a Nice&Easy, turn right. Follow that road until you are in a "city" area, vape shop is on left. Road ends at a stop light and you've gone to far, shop is 100 feet behind you.

Its a mech and RDA store mostly. Largest selection between Herkimer and Bladwinsville. Prices are what they are. Questions are unlikely to be answered correctly. Huge name brand juice selection with high but normal prices. Juice bar with the going rate.

Vaping age here is 18 so you may see people younger then your used to buying but if your like me these days anyone under 40 is a baby anyway.

If I'm in town that day give me a shoot and I'll walk up and we can have a vape club.

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
Scribner's Variety E- Vapors - Oneida, New York - Shopping & Retail | Facebook

Thats the FB link. I'm not aware of any other.

I don't know what you've heard about Oneida but its prolly true and that store is on the edge of it. Its scummy but no danger. I was at Ralin's in Syracuse last week and while I'm no Oneida cheerleader I know now there's ghetto and there's GHETTO.

Take exit 33 and head into Oneida on 365. On the right a mile or so up you'll see a Nice&Easy, turn right. Follow that road until you are in a "city" area, vape shop is on left. Road ends at a stop light and you've gone to far, shop is 100 feet behind you.

Its a mech and RDA store mostly. Largest selection between Herkimer and Bladwinsville. Prices are what they are. Questions are unlikely to be answered correctly. Huge name brand juice selection with high but normal prices. Juice bar with the going rate.

Vaping age here is 18 so you may see people younger then your used to buying but if your like me these days anyone under 40 is a baby anyway.

If I'm in town that day give me a shoot and I'll walk up and we can have a vape club.

I found something else when I googled Oneida Vape Shop----------------but this place called---Scribner's Variety vapors sounds good I will be looking to stop there within

the next week-------------------------------thank you very much---------------------always looking for a new vape shop
'

DergBerg

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2015
instagram.com
I really appreciate the write up. As of now I feel that flavor/leak proof is what I'm looking for most with a decent deck for a beginner builder also. I just realized that I have a sig 75 and a sub g tank are waiting at my door right now probably. I also bought a Herk tank last night on ebay that will be coming. I think that RDA/wire/etc might have to wait til next month.

Awesome! After vapemail like that, dripping may fall to "whenever I feel like it status" lol. Sounds like the Sapor could be a great RDA for you. More leak resistant airflow designs, similar to the Sapor's, are coming out/ already are out (like the Aeolus V1, the one that started the trend. I hear mixed things about the v2 though.)

Enjoy your shinys!!

Reactions: TeamSwish
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread