RDA Alliance RDA by Vaporgate / Fogwind Vapor

Status
Not open for further replies.

CasketWeaver

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Decatur, IL 62521
So here it is, finally got my hands on some US engineering - the Alliance RDA by Vaporgate / Fogwind Vapor.

So what is it? It's a rebuildable dripping atomizer.

How MUCH is it? $45.

What does it come with? 3 barrel options, 2 chuff options, a 510 drip tip and drip tip adapter, PEEK insulators, and enough spare parts to replace everything (except the 510 pin) one time.

What colors does it come in? As far as I know, gunmetal and stainless steel (I got the gunmetal).

How is it built? IMO - impeccable. 1 wash and she was good to go. Features a unipost (1 post touches the build deck) and the negative posts are milled out with a nice undercut below them allowing wick to be ran beneath the negative posts. Pretty deep juice well.

Are there any cons? Yes, if you were looking for a quad post (build block) this RDA is not for you. Adjustable airflow? None, just the 3 different barrel options and that's it. Post holes may be small for some people, but I had no issues fitting twisted 22AWG Nichrome 80 into the posts. 20AWG went in fine, anything larger - may be an issue. Spitback is another nasty con as well, you need to lower your coils in-line with the rim of the juice well.

Here's some pictures of the box it came in and the product sitting atop muh IPV3-LI with a fat ol' 24AWG - 12 wrap - 2mm ID coil installed:
LCcGUL9.jpg

LCcGUL9.jpg
[/IMG]

Tmebs

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2014
BFE, Illinois
Nice pictures....I am enjoying mine!
Settled in on duel, .5ohm, smallest barrel with wide bore drip tip.

Played with duel, .3ohm with middle barrel and chuff and it was too much for me.

The 28mm version is including a t-post also....would fit the 22mm deck.
But I have no need for a 28mm and wouldn't purchase it for just that part.
I am hoping they make them available for purchase....maybe paired with an additional barrel option.....smaller airflow...maybe...:rolleyes:

CasketWeaver

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Decatur, IL 62521
Nice pictures....I am enjoying mine!
Settled in on duel, .5ohm, smallest barrel with wide bore drip tip.

Played with duel, .3ohm with middle barrel and chuff and it was too much for me.

The 28mm version is including a t-post also....would fit the 22mm deck.
But I have no need for a 28mm and wouldn't purchase it for just that part.
I am hoping they make them available for purchase....maybe paired with an additional barrel option.....smaller airflow...maybe...:rolleyes:

I said the same thing yesterday. I agree - every manufacturer should provide a place to purchase spare parts for the devices they have out already. Would make the manufacturers a lot more money than 1 atty. And since the Alliance appears to be a fully modular or fully customizable device, it would be great if the manufacturers sold options - tighter airflow barrels, spare 510 pins, build blocks, etc.

Reactions: Tmebs

Tmebs

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2014
BFE, Illinois
I said the same thing yesterday. I agree - every manufacturer should provide a place to purchase spare parts for the devices they have out already. Would make the manufacturers a lot more money than 1 atty. And since the Alliance appears to be a fully modular or fully customizable device, it would be great if the manufacturers sold options - tighter airflow barrels, spare 510 pins, build blocks, etc.[/QUOTE

On the video by Yosh for the 28mm he comments that the smallest barrel is now smaller....
If they make second runs of the 22mm with smaller barrels I will buy another one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread