Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Yay @Kenna! Glad you're here :) Congrats to you and @Kaezziel on your 'versaries!!!!!

Kenna, hunt for the dropbox - there's a buzz-load of recipes, many from the venerable Bill's Magic Vapor. I've tried a number of these recipes, and they're pretty WONDERFUL. I keep my mixing philosophy pretty simple. Measure flavorings (I use 1mL disposable pipettes) and nic and then just top with my VG. I have pre-mixed bottles of 50P/50V as well as 25P/75V in addition to 100V. I am less concerned with my PG/VG ratio, so as long as my flavors are close and my nic is +/- 0.5mg/mL in a batch, I'm good.
Hi Dinger! Yep. I'm here & learning. I have all my nic & pg/vg now, ready to sttart gathering flavors! Lots of changes this month! Is there a link for the dropbox?

Last edited:

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Reactions: TrollDragon

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
@Kenna, make sure you get the e-juicemeup calculator - most of these recipes are already in that format and after being unzipped can simply be opened right in the calculator :) Tweak to your volume that you're going to mix, and your nic/pg/vg levels. I merely use the recipes for the flavoring percentages. These are great starting points, but your tastes will be the final decision. Edit as you need.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
@Kenna, make sure you get the e-juicemeup calculator - most of these recipes are already in that format and after being unzipped can simply be opened right in the calculator :) Tweak to your volume that you're going to mix, and your nic/pg/vg levels. I merely use the recipes for the flavoring percentages. These are great starting points, but your tastes will be the final decision. Edit as you need.
Oh that calculator was my first step in the process! That & You Tube!

Papillon61

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2015
Sunshine Isle
Is there are chart somewhere that shows recommended steep times for the TFA flavors? I mean, for those who don't use heat--just time...

I can't help you with steeping charts - I doubt they exist - however what I really wanted to say is that if you have a high flavoured mix, steeping is not usually needed. Maybe a day just to let things settle down a bit but long steeping will not improve a recipe, quite the opposite in my experience with TFA flavours.

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
A lot of the recipes here have a high percentage of flavors (over 20%) - I've found that these don't age well. Some of the recipes I've tried get quite nasty with age.

I've been working on a vanilla cream recipe - first few attempts weren't bad fresh, but they got icky with age. Reduced flavor percentages and they're working better now. The vanillas do seem to improve with age, but I'm starting to think it's some of the creams I'm using that get icky with age if you use too much. Still working on it, so YMMV.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I have a couple that I use regularly that I found that I like the flavor best when they are fresh. They are still ok after steeping but I like them better when they are less than a week old. I don't steep on purpose. It's just that if I make more of a flavor than I can use in a week. I don't go thru a high volume of liquid so I usually make small batches. Like someone else said, the peanut brittle doesn't taste any different to me the day I mix it or two weeks later. It must depend on the ingredients.

baseballmom

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 7, 2013
    SE PA
    sincemylastcigarette.com
    Updated lassi notes/discussion

First time I've noticed equipment issues, testing on zmax was giving me a weird burn taste even at low voltage, same kfl+ same wicking, on istick 30, big taste differences much nicer...

Greek yogurt/horchata smooth: nah, too much horchata tastes...Ok but not what aiming for
    Greek yogurt/malted milk: closer but something not exactly jiving together well to my liking
    Greek yogurt/vanilla swirl: very sweet, swirl seems to dominate...Will give try with fruit to see
    Greek yogurt/cap sweet cream: seems best candidate so far, will add fruit and see how interacts, gives me yogurt twang but not too sour, seems balanced, not too sweet

Equipment has played a role in tasting more so than I noticed before, maybe my zmax is fritzing out??? From now on, testing on smoother output device to avoid off tastes...weird I got such a difference but...yeah.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    angryvaper.crypticsites.com
    I have a couple that I use regularly that I found that I like the flavor best when they are fresh. They are still ok after steeping but I like them better when they are less than a week old. I don't steep on purpose. It's just that if I make more of a flavor than I can use in a week. I don't go thru a high volume of liquid so I usually make small batches. Like someone else said, the peanut brittle doesn't taste any different to me the day I mix it or two weeks later. It must depend on the ingredients.

This sounds like me with my strawberry & cream... I've determined that it tastes best to me between 3 days and 2 wks; less than 3 days, it's ok, but kinda "thin" tasting; more than 2 wks, it gets so sweet and strong unless I purposedly mixed it with less sweetener, that I almost can't vape it.

Since I'm still doing the WTA step-down, I'm still mixing small batches -- since I'm now at less than 3% and dropping by .25% increments weekly-ish, I'm mixing only 30-40ml at a time. Once I get done with the WTA, I guess I need to get some citric acid, so I can add some of that at about 4-7 days after mixing, to keep it tasting good no matter how large a portion I mix. It really will be nice to not have to mix every week just to have something to vape! :D

Andria

b.m.

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 30, 2014
    Ohio
    . It really will be nice to not have to mix every week just to have something to vape! :D

Andria
    It definitely is.I was mixing stuff every weekend for close to a year.Now that i have found a few that i really like,i can make large bottles of each once a month.Now the only time i make any more is if i see a recipe that sounds good,and i don't want to wait until i make my big bottles,then i may sit down and make a few new ones,but for the most part,1 time a month,and takes me maybe 20-25 minutes and i'm done.I almost don't know how to act with all that extra free time now haha.

baseballmom

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 7, 2013
    SE PA
    sincemylastcigarette.com
    I have flavor "adhd", I need variety for the most part and can't really fully commit to adv' s on a regular long term basis....was same way when bought vendor mixes...always was chasing something new..:facepalm:. My mom is like y'all ...she's easy to mix for too:)

cliffy15

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 9, 2013
    Honolulu, HI
    not to contradict anyone else's line of thought... this is from my own personal experience ... but I find that the flavors don't seem to be the cause of the "ickiness" after some aging.

The reason that I think this is because all the recipes I make on a regular/semi-regular basis are made from fairly large (120ml) flavor-only batches for me - banana creme, melona, Twinkie, starburst, green Apple, Apple Jacks. These sit for months at a time, sometimes, with no noticeable degradation in flavor when I whip up a fresh batch.

Thus I can only conclude that the particular flavors I use aren't the culprit and any degradation begins when the flavor recipe is mixed with vg, pg, or nic.

just my 2¢

KattMamma

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 10, 2015
    DFW Area, Texas
    not to contradict anyone else's line of thought... this is from my own personal experience ... but I find that the flavors don't seem to be the cause of the "ickiness" after some aging.

The reason that I think this is because all the recipes I make on a regular/semi-regular basis are made from fairly large (120ml) flavor-only batches for me - banana creme, melona, Twinkie, starburst, green Apple, Apple Jacks. These sit for months at a time, sometimes, with no noticeable degradation in flavor when I whip up a fresh batch.

Thus I can only conclude that the particular flavors I use aren't the culprit and any degradation begins when the flavor recipe is mixed with vg, pg, or nic.

just my 2¢
    You may be right... I am trying to nail down what's been happening with a few of my juices (NOT all of them) when they're aged more than a month or so... it may be one or two particular flavors, or a blend of two particular flavors... still suspicious of the VBIC though... but it will likely take me a lot of trial and error to figure it out, if I ever do... :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread