Theres something wrong with my REM Creations SMPL Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenzie McCay

Aug 3, 2015
I bought a SMPL mod with a royal hunter RDA a few days ago, and now when I hit it it heats up so quickly that the bottom burns my finger, i've also noticed tiny little black burn circles on the batteries where the battery meets the button on the bottom. I've tried changing batteries, letting it sit for a few hours, charging the batteries, everything I can think of. Does anyone know howI could fix this?

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
The smpl has a pseudo hybrid top cap, IMO a very poor design.
You must use a delivery device that has a protruding positive /center pin or an adjustable center pin to prevent shorting. If using an adjustable center pin delivery device it must be adjusted properly.

The black spots on the batteries are a sign of arcing, something is causing it to short, mis adjusted or wrong delivery device, firing button assembly dirty or mis adjusted, stop using it.

What resistance coil are you using?

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
Everything that everyone above me said, and add to it, "Toss the battery." Once you've shorted an 18650, it's donezo. Donions. Goneskis. The cell is radically compromised, and continuing to use it is a major no-no.

What resistance coil are you using?

Reactions: Baditude

Kenzie McCay

Aug 3, 2015
A short. The SMPL is a hybrid mod.

Looking at pictures, it doesn't even look like the 510 on the Royal Hunter sticks out. That is very bad. You're connecting the positive end of the battery to the negative of the RDA in that sense..
So do I need a new RDA? Or new battery? Im very new to this whole vape thing haha I don't really understand what everyone is saying /:

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
This helped me learn a lot! Im going to try to unscrew the 510 on my RDA so it'll stick out more and hopefully that will work
okay wait can i unscrew it to make it stick out more or is that not going to work

I wouldn't recommend that. It's possible for the pin to screw back in/fall out completely, which could have devastating consequences.

Get a regulated mod or an RDA with a long pin. Toss the battery.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
+1 to everybody here. You are very lucky, that could have been disaster. You definitely need a new battery (batteries, however many are like that in case you tried your spares). Your Royal Hunter is probably just fine, but it can not be used on that mod. I am a good bit more conservative than most of these here, I would say nothing can be safely used on that mod. What you really need is a different tube, one with a center pin.

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
Im very new to this whole vape thing haha I don't really understand what everyone is saying /:
That SIMPL mod is not a beginner's device. You can hurt yourself badly. Put it away and get a regulated mod until you learn about battery safety. Not trying to be mean, just concerned for your safety.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
So do I need a new RDA? Or new battery? Im very new to this whole vape thing haha I don't really understand what everyone is saying /:

Don't use the SMPL mod. It has no centerpin, and what happened in your case is the rda shorted out on the battery and you got lucky so far

Kenzie McCay

Aug 3, 2015
I'd like to know who thinks selling these things to new vapers is a good idea.

This seems to come up fairly often.

Same mod. Same problem. Over and over.
okay so everyone keeps saying i need a new one because I don't know what I'm doing? Well i spent a lot of money on this thing so instead of telling me to go out and get a new one, which I can't do, can anyone tell what I SHOULD be doing with this mod and how to make it safe to use?

Kenzie McCay

Aug 3, 2015
That SIMPL mod is not a beginner's device. You can hurt yourself badly. Put it away and get a regulated mod until you learn about battery safety. Not trying to be mean, just concerned for your safety.
okay so everyone keeps saying i need a new one because I don't know what I'm doing? Well i spent a lot of money on this thing so instead of telling me to go out and get a new one, which I can't do, can anyone tell what I SHOULD be doing with this mod and how to make it safe to use?

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...

Use an atty like a Doge or Mutation X...

But really, it's not a 'safe' mod by design...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread