Ikenvapers Chat (the door is open for EVERYBODY! Come on in.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Hey J5,
I had issues here as well. Try this:
Start
Settings
Network
Manage Wifi Settings
Wifi sense - Turn both of the toggles off
That should do it for ya.
I figured it out. The Ethernet cable has a broken clip on it so it doesn't plug in right I guess. The funny thing is I switched cables with that computer and this one and they both work fine.
So did you upgrade to windows 10 too?

I have never had claustrophobia before but I was in that MRI tube and after 5 minutes I said get me out of here. I hate to be a wuss but I couldn't handle it. I still couldn't breathe right for almost an hr. after I left.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Oh J5, that must have been scary! Did they get any good info at all?

My GI appt was fine today...the real fun won't be until Sept 3rd. They want the full view from one end to the other! Endoscopy and colonoscopy. Yay, I get a two'fer :eek:
No they didn't get anything. They're going to see if my insurance will cover meds to put me in there. Whatever they have in mind better put me out completely because that's the only way I'm getting back into that dinky loooooong tube.

I've had a couple of those colonoscopies. I get one every 5 yrs.

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
I've never had one so even tho I've not passed any more blood since last Monday, they want to climb up in there anyway. I don't dread the procedure, just the total crap fest of prep on the night before :blush: I may have to get the potty chair out of the attic LOL!

I'm sure they'll put you under for another try at the MRI, surely your insurance will cover it.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I've never had one so even tho I've not passed any more blood since last Monday, they want to climb up in there anyway. I don't dread the procedure, just the total crap fest of prep on the night before :blush: I may have to get the potty chair out of the attic LOL!

I'm sure they'll put you under for another try at the MRI, surely your insurance will cover it.
I hope so. Them colonoscopies are easy. Like you said the prep is the worst part about it. They put you out for them too. You just lay on your side and they have at er.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Sorry about the flowers Bo. Good morning to you, Fran, and everybody.
Today it's the eyelid dr.

Well I just got a call and they're going to do an EEG instead on Saturday.
But the bad news is tomorrow I have another eye shot with a larger needle to look forward to. Me and my big mouth.

Last edited:

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
*Shudders at the thought of that big eye needle*

I saw my eye Dr today, new mid range glasses ordered. I stopped in the office to make an appt and they had just had a cancellation so my timing was perfect. Not very much change in the last 3 years so I didn't have to get my distance/driving glasses changed. My vision is still a bit fuzzy from them dilating my eyes. I'll sure be thinking about you tomorrow, J5!

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
I figured it out. The Ethernet cable has a broken clip on it so it doesn't plug in right I guess. The funny thing is I switched cables with that computer and this one and they both work fine.
So did you upgrade to windows 10 too?

I have never had claustrophobia before but I was in that MRI tube and after 5 minutes I said get me out of here. I hate to be a wuss but I couldn't handle it. I still couldn't breathe right for almost an hr. after I left.
Oh! haha that is a strange one indeed.
Yep, all upgraded over here, it was a major pain to get it done for some reason. Had to keep opening cmd and typing codes for my pc to see it, but it ended up going just fine in the end. It's pretty neat.

Oh god, I woke up during one of those! Passed out in school and miraculously recovered at 1am to loud banging. :laugh:
They said through the speaker "STAY STILL, DO NOT MOVE" I asked "God?, am I dead?" There was a chuckle made and I was home free! Damn J5, I'm sorry to hear that man. I can't imagine the amount of panic you were enduring buddy.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Oh! haha that is a strange one indeed.
Yep, all upgraded over here, it was a major pain to get it done for some reason. Had to keep opening cmd and typing codes for my pc to see it, but it ended up going just fine in the end. It's pretty neat.

Oh god, I woke up during one of those! Passed out in school and miraculously recovered at 1am to loud banging. :laugh:
They said through the speaker "STAY STILL, DO NOT MOVE" I asked "God?, am I dead?" There was a chuckle made and I was home free! Damn J5, I'm sorry to hear that man. I can't imagine the amount of panic you were enduring buddy.
Been through it twice but the last time didn't work.

Thank You Fran and Bo.

It's easy to recover back to 7 because I did. I don't like having to type a password everytime I log on, I don't like the solitaire game, not all the bs to get to it every time I want to play it. And when I try to save a picture or a file it says I don't have permission. I changed the setup in security so that didn't happen and all was fine until I restarted my computer. It went right back the way it was and I'm not about to set that up every time I log on. It's still on my other pc but I don't do all that on it.

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Karpola. I've missed MUCH (not a SINGLE notification). Off to an appointment but will be back later with many opinions (surprise!).

J5 - thinking of you today. Large.

Isaac - you and I, we shall speak. I hope you're OK. Again, "LARGE!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread