Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
Unsure you are scaring the crap out me. I have the same issues and have been putting off going back it the Urologist for about a year now. After hearing what you went through I guess I'm going to break down and make an appointment this week.

The last time I was there he prescribed some medicine and it seemed to work for a few weeks and then became ineffective. I'm due to have the camera thing done so they can see what's going on and then probably surgery. I guess I've just been lucky but I'm not going to push my luck any further thanks to you.

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
Unsure you are scaring the crap out me. I have the same issues and have been putting off going back it the Urologist for about a year now. After hearing what you went through I guess I'm going to break down and make an appointment this week.

The last time I was there he prescribed some medicine and it seemed to work for a few weeks and then became ineffective. I'm due to have the camera thing done so they can see what's going on and then probably surgery. I guess I've just been lucky but I'm not going to push my luck any further thanks to you.

Good for you. :thumbs:

Glad I got thru to someone. For those that avoiding having their thing check because you may feel weird by that well it's the best case scenario otherwise you may end up in the hospital with 3 shifts of different nurses handling/ cleaning ou private parts which may sound great to me when I was 19 year old boy but not so much now.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Yikes! Just caught up on this thread.

Glad you're over the hump, Gil, but man, what an ordeal. If it's any consolation at all, it sounds potentially like a one-off trauma (and, it should be noted, of the kind anyone could have at any time - I have a friend who's been prone to stones since his 20's).

I gotta agree with Jan on this, too - your wife is a saint. Make sure you plan something nice for her when you're up to it. You'll both feel the benefit.

Cuddle up with your favourite stab woodvil and get well, brother.

Joules_Verne

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2013
SW France
I know but if you can't laugh about it what's left. :)

Btw, you don't want to know what they do with a camera.:facepalm:

I know what they do with a camera, I have two photos on my report, no, not a case of "pics or it didn't happen", one of the entry/exit and one of the end of the large intestine where the appendix is, and where a small polyp was.
Be careful with the 'if you can't laugh at it' and don't believe that the French don't have a sense of humour..transferred to the 'op' trolley in the ante-room, theatre nurse with clipboard - "confirm your name and date of birth ?"
"Monsieur Dupont" - reply "M. Dupont is scheduled to have a penisectomy, now...what is your name ?:glare:
What has been said previously - GET IT DONE ! as they say, better the devil you know than the devil you don't, and he might not appear until it's too late.....

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I'm sorry for your son's history with this problem. It appears a Kidney Stone was the culprit. Large enough to tear the bladder causing it to bleed and fill with blood. That caused blood clots which lead to complete blockage and uncontrollable discharges. I'm not posting this to answer your question but to inform others that this did not have to happen...........guys get tested.

Btw my DW is a Queen and runs this house and I am one of her loyal subjects.

...the Queen of France? ;)

rudy4653

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
CT
Get's me thinking maybe I should get a check up! I am one of those old school guys. If it ain't broke don't fix it. I never think about preventative checkups. The last time I saw a doctor was for my colonoscopy which is recommended when one turns 50,and that was 13 years ago!!! I guess I have been lucky and spoiled in the health dept. ( knock on wood) and have had no need to see a doctor and have not used a sick day from work since that colonoscopy. Just get an occasional cold or flu every now and then. My lady gets so mad & jealous as I never gain weight, eat what I want, and fit in the same size jeans as I wore in high school! My jeans waist size number is still a smaller number than the inseam size number.:)

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Get's me thinking maybe I should get a check up! I am one of those old school guys. If it ain't broke don't fix it. I never think about preventative checkups. The last time I saw a doctor was for my colonoscopy which is recommended when one turns 50,and that was 13 years ago!!! I guess I have been lucky and spoiled in the health dept. ( knock on wood) and have had no need to see a doctor and have not used a sick day from work since that colonoscopy. Just get an occasional cold or flu every now and then. My lady gets so mad & jealous as I never gain weight, eat what I want, and fit in the same size jeans as I wore in high school! My jeans waist size number is still a smaller number than the inseam size number.:)
    Hate to tell you need another at 60 (10 years):)

unsure

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    Silicon Valley, California
    I gotta agree with Jan on this, too - your wife is a saint. Make sure you plan something nice for her when you're up to it. You'll both feel the benefit.

Cuddle up with your favourite stab woodvil and get well, brother.

I like to joke about it but I empty the bag myself. She is treated like a queen. We had a scare when her kidneys began to fail in 2012. She is a fighter and stronger than I ever hope to be. So need not worry about her. With our son gone we are the last of our family. :)

SITS

PV Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 28, 2013
    Reoville
    I am just catching up on this thread. I've recently returned from my first cruise and was without internet.

It's good to see you're recovering well Robert. Unsure, I can't imagine having to deal with all that. I am glad you're on the mend. I had all those over 40 tests. At 52, it's time for them again. It's no fun getting old but the alternative is worse....

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread