Status
Not open for further replies.

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
I changed from CVS a month after they bought out Ekerds & have been with Walgreens since. Seldom have problems. I changed my Mother to Walgreens 2 years ago after her surgery & I was involved in her rx for the first time. They were, & had been all along, messing up her rx, costing her more $, filling rx she had not requested, & kept trying to charge her automatically. It's deliberate because it kept happening even though she kept asking them to delete her credit card info & never autofill. I think their corporate IT resets everything to autofill/autopay once a month. I went in for the third time in three days for a wrong issue, cancelled all her rx, & had everything sent to Walgreens. I was very nice about it at first. Then the tech went over d whispered to the Pharmacy Manager who came over & asked me what was wrong & they could correct it for me. I just went off on them. Let her know that they were apparently incapable of filling a prescription correctly period, since they'd messed up 6 new rx, & tried three times to fix the last one & still didn't have it right & should be turned in for malpractice & taking advantage of the elderly & disabled. She let go. No more problems. I say it's deliberate.
So glad you got it straightened out with no penalties. Good job, but what a PITA.

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
Absolutely over-the-top wild and crazy time in Montreal for my niece's wedding. Here's the groom, Zel, surfing on a table which is being held aloft by others on the dance floor. Julie (the bride) and her Dad (my brother) are a couple of the people visible standing on the floor.
Montreal6.jpg

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Popped over because I thought a glimpse of Dancing streaking by. :D Dancing, hope all is going well with you and you're feeling like a million bucks again! :wub:

It wasn't long ago in the HO that I expressd how much I detest CVS and caremark. This is just another example of why....:cry:
I loath, hate, detest CVS. We are forced to use them by our insurer. The latest drama is a couple of weeks ago they sent me a letter saying my allergy meds weren't the latest and greatest, so weren't approved, and I'd have to pay more for them. The alternatives give me an irregular heartbeat. If I wanted to continue with them, I'd have to pay more. We have a small local pharmacy that is affiliated with CVS and use them. Can't get into the doctor's so paid more. I immediately got another letter saying I'd now have to pay full price, order by mail for three month's supply at a time. Quite frankly, we can't afford that. We did go to our "local" CVS about six months ago to fill a prescription and were told they aren't accepting "new patients." I could go on but won't. I do feel your pain though. Bravo for reaming them! :D
An automatic withdrawal was taken out of one of my accounts a few months ago, just a few days early. Unpleasant experience.

I have relatives in California. Both are in safe areas. Air quality is not affected for the coastal areas, because the prevailing winds are from the ocean. However, there is a lot of air traffic from the local firefighting base. Lightning and windstorms, with little rain associated. I hope Tutu is doing OK. This photo is from Clear Lake North.

11705263_10204830175377638_5091174122982685447_n.jpg
Hi Omg! We're doing well, thanks to a quick thinking air attack. Person that started it should be in court today answering to her actions. My heart bleeds for the furred, feathered, scaled and nekid in the path of that fire. I hope the weather changes quickly for them because at that size, not much can be done to stop it until then. What a disaster. :(

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Amazingly, I just got an email asking for my consent to ship the 'scrips.....and when I went to check my bank account just now....lo and behold, the money is magically back in my account and the overdraft has been avoided.

Glad to hear it got resolved!
thumbsup.gif

We're on Medicare with my ol' TriCare (military) as the 'supplemental'. Used to use Walgreens, which did a great job. A couple of years ago, TriCare didn't renew Walgreens' contract. Went to Publix pharm and they also did a grand job. Then early last year, we were 'forced' to transfer our prescriptions to mail order, ExpressScripts!

Would much rather have some local control/contact...

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Absolutely over-the-top wild and crazy time in Montreal for my niece's wedding. Here's the groom, Zel, surfing on a table which is being held aloft by others on the dance floor. Julie (the bride) and her Dad (my brother) are a couple of the people visible standing on the floor. View attachment 477624
Ok, that's just awesome! Soinds like you had a great time!

Nermal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2013
Farmington, NM USA
Absolutely over-the-top wild and crazy time in Montreal for my niece's wedding. Here's the groom, Zel, surfing on a table which is being held aloft by others on the dance floor. Julie (the bride) and her Dad (my brother) are a couple of the people visible standing on the floor. View attachment 477624

Must have been one heck of a party, cuz I don't remember being there but that is clearly the back of my head in the foreground. Honest.

Sgt. Pepper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2011

Cool, Bells. That pictures reminds me of the Pepper. I often end up dancing on tables at parties, but my shirt always comes off. Really.:D

Sgt. Pepper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2011
Pics...or it never happened.....:pervy:

lol. There are several pics somewhere here on ECF. Let me check to see if I can find them.

p.s. There's a reason I go to the gym 6 days a week and have religiously for the last 7 years. It's all about dancing on tables with my shirt off (after a few brews). Hey, we all have to have pursuits in life.:lol:

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Well we may have to cut our vacation short. My wife looks like she has blood in her stool. Have to go to Urgent Care and get her checked for blood and a blood count per her doc at home. Not sure if the Prednisone is causing it or what. We both have had these drastic gastric bypass surgery and she had problems once before and got really sick. The only way they could find it was using a camera that she swallowed and takes pics for 8 hours as it passes through. First we have to find out for sure but I looked at it this morning and it was dark and tarry and after it sat in the water it had red coming off of it so I am pretty sure.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Well we may have to cut our vacation short. My wife looks like she has blood in her stool. Have to go to Urgent Care and get her checked for blood and a blood count per her doc at home. Not sure if the Prednisone is causing it or what. We both have had these drastic gastric bypass surgery and she had problems once before and got really sick. The only way they could find it was using a camera that she swallowed and takes pics for 8 hours as it passes through. First we have to find out for sure but I looked at it this morning and it was dark and tarry and after it sat in the water it had red coming off of it so I am pretty sure.

Hope your wife is ok. Sorry that she is having trouble.

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA

So very sorry to hear that. Sending positive healing vibes her way....((((HUGS))))

misswish1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
NM
Prayers on the way! Hugs for you both.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA

So how'd you doing table surfing ... we need to see the picture of you doing it too. ;)

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA

Oh shoot - didn't like reading this news. Here's hoping she gets it figured out and straightened out real soon.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
There is not going to be an easy way to say this, so I'm just going to put it out there .. when I initially speculated about the Road Trip, I did not do the math on the trip .. and I should have .. it's my fault .. and it seems to break down as follows :

29.3 Hours at an Average of 70 MPH not considering stops / road work / food breaks / etc .. the route considers St Louis to Dallas, then South to Houston, then on to Bradenton, 1910 miles one way total .. add in a margin for road work, which looks to be quite extensive on some legs of the trip, add in stops, etc .. I think a best case scenario is 35 hours on the road .. possibly pushing 40 hours in a worst case scenario .. I double and triple checked everything, but it's possible I may be off slightly ..

Reverse that for the trip back ..

Although I know there had been some discussion on a marathon drive, I just don't see that .. keep in mind, my degenerative lower back issues as well as my heart issues .. when I had my check up last week, I ran the trip down with my DR as a Marathon or multi-day drive and he essentially said, "Are you nuts .. ??" .. my yearly Road Trips are generally a 4 hour drive, stay a few days, do another 4 hours, etc .. it has been many years since I've contemplated a drive trip of this type ..

If it can be done in 35 hours, which I am doubtful of, 3 Days at near 12 hours a day driving is still a stretch, IMO .. if 40 hours is what it takes, then 10 hours a day driving .. 4 days .. either scenario cuts the time actually in Bradenton down substantially .. 4 days of driving cuts it to near nothing, because the trip back must be considered ..

Better that this info gets into the mix now, rather than later .. and, again, my apologies for not putting the pencil to this earlier on ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread