Status
Not open for further replies.

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
I'm looking at my local B&M's website and they carry batteries called AWT. I've never heard of them. So I search this forum and see that nobody here knows for sure what they actually are but they seem to be re-wraps of something. Was this ever figured out? The reason I ask is that my son and his friends shop at this B&M and I want to know that these batteries are safe for them so be using.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
against my advice (below), my friend picked up some AWT cells from a local B&M. hes been using them in his Sigelei 75W TC without issue. hes the kind of guy who cant seem to gather the patience to buy online (which would have gotten him better cells for about half the price).

i will give the same advice i gave him: buy some Samsung 25R, 25R5, or 30Q; LG HE2, HE4, or HG2 at RTD Vapor or Illumination Supply. RTD is my favorite, plus they have free shipping.

for mech usage, id recommend the Sam25R/5 or the LG HE2.
for regulated devices, i like Sam30Q or LG HG2.
but of course, read the cell's specs and choose the correct cell for your usage.

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
Thanks Kemosabe. My son is using my AW IMR's for a provari and an over 1.8 ohm build on one of my Reo/Odin combo's but his friend is using these AWT's in some kind of regulated box device with a build coming in at .2. I'm not familiar with these regulated box devices so I can't tell you which one it was that he showed me but I got worried when he showed me these AWT batteries and his .2 ohm build. I'll have to find these other batteries you've listed online and show them to these friends of my sons. Appreciate the advice, thanks again.

Reactions: Kemosabe

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
I'm looking at my local B&M's website and they carry batteries called AWT. I've never heard of them. So I search this forum and see that nobody here knows for sure what they actually are but they seem to be re-wraps of something. Was this ever figured out? The reason I ask is that my son and his friends shop at this B&M and I want to know that these batteries are safe for them so be using.
AWT is yet another re-wrapper(From China!), it's hard to say what's under the wrapper but I do know that the 2500mah 35A rated AWT's are Samsung 25R's under the wrapper, I'm not sure about any of their other batteries with differing ratings. They have a facebook, if you care - Shenzhen AWT Technology Co., Ltd - Shenzhen, Guangdong, China - Company | Facebook

Here's a Candlepowerforums test of the 35A/2500mah AWT battery. - Test/Review of AWT IMR18650 2500mAh (Yellow)

That test does not mean all AWT batteries are acceptable, they are still simply re-wrapping a battery we can all buy ourselves which makes them an unknown quantity to me and I refuse to trust them.

Reactions: pennysmalls
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread