Status
Not open for further replies.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
On another forum there is a guy who got 5 delivered today I guess. no other details.
thanks for the heads up. I mean if the only con is a loose battery door (which I imagine can be sorted fairly easily) and the fact that it doesnt have a micro USB (to me a non-issue), then this thing is going to kick ....!!! Now Im really impatient to get my greasy little paws on one!!!!

Reactions: VapeGyver

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Love how personal preferences are a negative.
I'm left handed.........................think about it.

Charging is charging and people are to lazy to hit the hamper with their dirty cloths, much less remove a tank and lay the mod down.
(micro)USB charging in portable devices SUX. I've seen literally hundreds upon hundreds of tablets with failing or failed USB charge ports.
*Dell lead the way with a USB A port allowing flipped insertion and immediate damage to the Venue 8 Pro board.:facepalm:

Reactions: VapeGyver

VapeGyver

Jul 25, 2015
Clearwater, Fl
thanks for the heads up. I mean if the only con is a loose battery door (which I imagine can be sorted fairly easily) and the fact that it doesnt have a micro USB (to me a non-issue), then this thing is going to kick ....!!! Now Im really impatient to get my greasy little paws on one!!!!

Yeah Im right there with you. I always charge externally. If the door thing is the same on every device I know Ill figure a way for it to be a non Issue. Im already(off the top of my head) thinking of three ways to tweak the design(if it even bothers me).

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Pennsylvania
Yeah Im right there with you. I always charge externally. If the door thing is the same on every device I know Ill figure a way for it to be a non Issue. Im already(off the top of my head) thinking of three ways to tweak the design(if it even bothers me).
Doesn't the d2 come with a silicone sleeve? I was thinking using that to keep her from going to pieces.

Ec!g

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2013
NorCal, USA
I haven't seen a silicone sleeve in any of the videos or product pages that are available.
That's probably because they were tester units. P4U representative said in the original first look(can find that vid in the earlier posts) that they will be released with a sleeve.

Reactions: MegaVap

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
That's probably because they were tester units. P4U representative said in the original first look(can find that vid in the earlier posts) that they will be released with a sleeve.

"Released with a sleeve" is different from "a sleeve is included". I've seen that P4U is making sleeves in six different colors (unfortunately black is not one of them) but I've seen no information that a sleeve is included with purchase. I guess that we'll know for sure when someone gets a non-TEST unit. Again, this is all speculation, but my original comment was true and stands on it's own.

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
How is that different? And who better to confirm it then the ppl who sell it?

The guy's English is not the best, he can't even properly pronounce joule, nickel, or titanium. Did he mean that a sleeve will be available when the IPV D2 is released or did he mean that a sleeve is included with purchase? He didn't say the latter, so I'll believe it when I see it. Most sleeves for mods are available as additional purchases. It would be fantastic if they do include a sleeve with the unit, but until we get a production unit and can verify it, I sort of doubt it. I hope that you're right and I get a free sleeve (and it would be awesome if it were black).

Ec!g

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2013
NorCal, USA
Has every Chinese company delivered 100% on their promise of a product? OK I'll give you that, but "We add one piece for each unit" yeah I can see how that means they'll only be an additional option for purchase.
But you seem set to believe what you want so there's no reason to continue this conversation.
And I hope I'm right also since I want to be an owner of this device as well. Not like fasttech won't be selling additional sleeves for less than they're charged to be shipped.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Sleeve might be a nice add-on for some but to me it is unimportant. I External charge and have no plans to struggle with a sleeve.

GearBest - response to a customer:
This item is in very high demand. It will be restocked on August 31st. Thank you for your attention and patience.

Wonder how I fall in all this. My order was in the 600-700 range.

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
But you seem set to believe what you want so there's no reason to continue this conversation.

You seem set to believe what you want and I have no reason or desire to continue this particular conversation until we get more proof. Respectfully, you seem very knowledgable, but I can only speculate at this point.

TruSound

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2011
Granada Hills, Ca
OK gang...I just watched the Mike Vapes intro video again and he says the resistance won't lock on his test D2, here's my take on this possible issue.

When I hit the up/down buttons on a room temp titanium build I get a resistance number that's suppose to be locked, then you take a few puffs and see the displayed resistance climb, naturally because it's hot...now my question is, is the device showing you the coils heated resistance but actually locked to the cold resistance...I could be wrong but I think that's the case, when Mike vaped the device he said there was no change in vape quality despite the displayed resistance fluctuating.

Thoughts fellas...

dr3d

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2015
Texas Gulf Coast
OK gang...I just watched the Mike Vapes intro video again and he says the resistance won't lock on his test D2, here's my take on this possible issue.

When I hit the up/down buttons on a room temp titanium build I get a resistance number that's suppose to be locked, then you take a few puffs and see the displayed resistance climb, naturally because it's hot...now my question is, is the device showing you the coils heated resistance but actually locked to the cold resistance...I could be wrong but I think that's the case, when Mike vaped the device he said there was no change in vape quality despite the displayed resistance fluctuating.

Thoughts fellas...

Well, since ya asked ... I would not put Mike up against the sharpest tools in most sheds. But I watch his stuff anyway, and I do learn things. From your quote:
MikeVapes said:
There was no change in vape quality despite the displayed resistance fluctuating.
From this: I deduce that the D2 resistance display represents the active resistance and NOT the "base" resistance. This is an example of me learning from Mike. And, the jury is out on why Mike would assume expect differently.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md

Thoughts fellas...

Noticed the same in another review. I believe it is showing change and the simplest way to test would be let it sit for a minute or so and read when next firing to compare.
It should have dropped back by then.

SX always shows the Lock with NO deviation which would be impossible function wise.

TruSound

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2011
Granada Hills, Ca
Noticed the same in another review. I believe it is showing change and the simplest way to test would be let it sit for a minute or so and read when next firing to compare.
It should have dropped back by then.

SX always shows the Lock with NO deviation which would be impossible function wise.

Makes total sense crx, maybe someone should give Mike a call, and please tell him to loose the bangs.

Last edited:

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
on the mike vapes issue, if the base R wasnt locking it would let loose all flavours of merry hell on a TC device. The think just shows the actual resistance during the vape. A lot of the chiNA40 chips do this. Its a feature not a bug!! I actually like MV but he and a lot of the other reviewers really screw up a lot with these TC devices in spite of the number of them that they get to play with!

Reactions: CrazyIvan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread