Super Sub Ohm Reo Builds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squonkysquonkster

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2015
usa
For the past 3 months i have developed a strong liking to regulated sqounking. My poor reo has been dying on a shelf in the spare bedroom (my build lair :) ) for the reason of an evolution in my vaping style. I have been using a dna40 sunbox e7 and have been in a land of blissful vaping. My reo took a backseat because of the spoils i found in super fast ramp time on a regulated mod (in comparison). I tried all sorts of cleaning and wire combos and it just wasnt the same anymore....until now. Again i love my reo! I built a .21 ohm single chain coil and slapped it in my rm7 for ....s and giggles. Boom flavor, clouds and speed of ramptime right back where i want it! (Yes im using 30 amps). Very happy to know also single coils work fantastic in a rm7! How low do you go on your reo?!

Reactions: inspects

ed101z

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
East TN
Good to know a Reo can handle anything thrown at it. Its all about how the coil is made. Those regulated, quick and easy adjustments are very convenient, but in the end... they shelter you from really knowing what makes vaping tick. Really better off mastering the coil settings to begin with cause you never have to worry about electronic boards taking a nose dive. Once they do, the device is usually left as decoration piece on a table.

Glad you found a good setting though. Wish I knew about the RM7, but dont. Someone should have some experience with the RM7 and can offer advice. Am interested in how it vapes.

Squonkysquonkster

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2015
usa
Thanks. Ive been a build addict for years now and have played with many types of coils. Very true that the coil is the heart of a quality vape. Unfortunately unregulated mods need to be run in low sub ohm to heat as much metal as i like to build with. The hundreds of simple micro and macros ive built using hand wrap to jig techniques (for my tastes) just do not hold a candle to the flavor, wicking ability, and cloud production of advanced coil builds so before i went low sub ohm, regulated was the only way for me to ramp fast enough. I feared the reo couldnt handle the heat but i surely can.
The rm7s top airflow is phenomenal and leak free. Also as i am finding, top airflow eliminates the need for a single coil type afc setup to run just one coil because of how the air circulates through the atty. Im gettin a very dense flavor and cloudy vape off a single chain coil in it!

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Durham, North Carolina, United States
Merp. I've found that at 0.4 ohms and lower, my voltage drop gets pretty atrocious (approx 0.6V). At some point, the desired increase in wattage by dropping the resistance gets offset by the increase in voltage drop :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matthee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
Koringberg, South Africa
My RM7 is set up with dual coils (27g/28g on a 2.5mm mandrel with ReadyXWick) at around 0.45 ohms. Great vape with leak free a huge plus. Shall have to try a single coil in there. Mate of mine has been running his Reo at 0.22 for more than a year.
My problem with regulated is all the extra work. Dripping with drippers and wicking, refilling with tanks.

Reactions: inspects

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
I find the builds around .35ohms give me all I can handle, and I've never had a reo fail on me using them (not a dropped spring, a melted button, nor a cracked contact). Fat wire, twisted, parallel, tiger - it's all good. Haven't built a double twisted (chain) for one, tho - with, say, 26g that would be a lot of material to heat up. Plus, I like to keep decent head room with respect to amp limits, so most of my bats would be tapping out at .21ohms.

I'm assuming you don't run this type of build on that sunbox. With a 40 watt limit, I couldn't imagine it would keep up (it would need more like 80-90 watts, n'est pas?).

Great that you're enjoying what unregulated has to offer, tho.

Squonkysquonkster

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2015
usa
I find the builds around .35ohms give me all I can handle, and I've never had a reo fail on me using them (not a dropped spring, a melted button, nor a cracked contact). Fat wire, twisted, parallel, tiger - it's all good. Haven't built a double twisted (chain) for one, tho - with, say, 26g that would be a lot of material to heat up. Plus, I like to keep decent head room with respect to amp limits, so most of my bats would be tapping out at .21ohms.

I'm assuming you don't run this type of build on that sunbox. With a 40 watt limit, I couldn't imagine it would keep up (it would need more like 80-90 watts, n'est pas?).

Great that you're enjoying what unregulated has to offer, tho.
You are correct. On my sunbox i run dual 26/32 claptons to the tune of .45 almost always. And the chain coil im running on my reo is 28 kanthal, 32 kanthal, 30 nichrome, 32 nichrome. The ramp time is almost instant.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
You are correct. On my sunbox i run dual 26/32 claptons to the tune of .45 almost always. And the chain coil im running on my reo is 28 kanthal, 32 kanthal, 30 nichrome, 32 nichrome. The ramp time is almost instant.

Nice builds, both. Yeah, .45 is about the lowest I'd want to go with 40 watts. No such problem with the reo, as you well know.

The chain coil sounds cray cray. You have a pic or two? Nice touch to blend the kanthal and nichrome wires. Love that nichrome for the heat up.

Squonkysquonkster

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2015
usa
Nice builds, both. Yeah, .45 is about the lowest I'd want to go with 40 watts. No such problem with the reo, as you well know.

The chain coil sounds cray cray. You have a pic or two? Nice touch to blend the kanthal and nichrome wires. Love that nichrome for the heat up.
Yeah ill post them later or tmrw, wont be much for pics off mod since i made 4 inches just for the coil but ill show it on mod in my rm7. And ill show the claptons i have running also on my sunbox. I have a .45 twisted single micro in my rm9 vector sitting on it. Its 2 claptons twisted together. Looks gnarly and vapes like a dream. :)

Squonkysquonkster

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2015
usa
This is the twisted claptons. Im not near my reo but ill post the chain later

Attachments

• 20150803_222732-1-1-1.jpg
    20150803_222732-1-1-1.jpg
    966 KB · Views: 124

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
This is one chain coil. Its a parallel staged heating coil with 4 strands on inside 3 on outside wraps. Not super pretty but its an amazing vape

Ah, so basically it's a flux capacitor capable of 1.21 gigawatts.

513df314ce395fdf58000000.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread