Status
Not open for further replies.

JimScotty0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Garden Grove, CA, USA
www.facebook.com
do you guys prefer to take the battery out and use a external charge or just keep the same battery in the unit and use the usb port to charge the battery?
I think you will find that most everyone changes out batteries when exhausted but I also supplement with USB charges when needed and away from home. The overall mood is to ensure that the USB port is protected since it is also used as the lifeblood to new upgrades and therefore to keep the SXM current and up-to-date with the future.

Reactions: Hitcat44

Hitcat44

mere Pawn in Game of Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
HitCat it sounds like a single coil setup. What atty and coil build?

Yeppers, Single Coil. Running an Erl Konigin, 26 ga 6/5 Wrap, @ 2.5mm I.D. Yielding 0.212 Ohms R.
Still steaming along nicely. Have noticed increased consumption of the 50/50 mixed Liquid (imagine that huh,,,)
The 70/30 Mech Sauce (4 different Flavors) arrives today and will try a Tank of that tonight. Sure it's better if let it age another week but, like a spoiled Kid at Christmas, I just gotsta have me some NOW :grr:
Then I'll let it all age another week. Actually doing it so can gauge fresh out of Vape-Mail vs. 1 week sitting then 2 weeks sitting. Find It's "just right" time-line so to speak.

Other Post Chime-Ins and 2 cent contribution:
1. Always charge externally except when the Situation dictates deviation same as Jim. Have 2 LG HG2's dedicated for SXMM Duty only.
2. I'm a "Purist". Only use good ol' Organic American home-grown Cotton. As close as I get to Tree-Hugger Eco Green so it does a great Job for me in all Devices and I feel better about myself for doing it... :thumb:
Don't ya'll know that Rayon belongs in ya Sunday Go To Meeting Shirt, Tie & Pants (Saturday night Honky-Tonk Disco Ditties too of course)
NOT n your Atty.
Get a Clue ya Synth-Heads ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Matthee

druckle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
Yeppers, Single Coil. Running an Erl Konigin, 26 ga 6/5 Wrap, @ 2.5mm I.D. Yielding 0.212 Ohms R.
Still steaming along nicely. Have noticed increased consumption of the 50/50 mixed Liquid (imagine that huh,,,)
The 70/30 Mech Sauce (4 different Flavors) arrives today and will try a Tank of that tonight. Sure it's better if let it age another week but, like a spoiled Kid at Christmas, I just gotsta have me some NOW :grr:
Then I'll let it all age another week. Actually doing it so can gauge fresh out of Vape-Mail vs. 1 week sitting then 2 weeks sitting. Find It's "just right" time-line so to speak.

Other Post Chime-Ins and 2 cent contribution:
1. Always charge externally except when the Situation dictates deviation same as Jim. Have 2 LG HG2's dedicated for SXMM Duty only.
2. I'm a "Purist". Only use good ol' Organic American home-grown Cotton. As close as I get to Tree-Hugger Eco Green so it does a great Job for me in all Devices and I feel better about myself for doing it... :thumb:
Don't ya'll know that Rayon belongs in ya Sunday Go To Meeting Shirt, Tie & Pants (Saturday night Honky-Tonk Disco Ditties too of course)
NOT n your Atty.
Get a Clue ya Synth-Heads ;)

I live in Arizona. Just a half mile south of me is the Pima Indian Reservation. Miles and miles of cotton fields. I suppose that's where the name Pima Cotton came from.

I'm tempted to go do a very small amount of cotton pickin some night soon....just to see if the fresh stuff is better. :D

Duane

Reactions: JimScotty0

druckle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
Only thing better than "Home-Grown" is "Hand-Picked Home-Grown" :thumbs:

Have to boil the stuff REAL good as either the Pesticides or the Great Spirit might add some "trippy" MoJo to ya Vapor :eek:
If I do that the hand picked stuff is gonna get boiled a whole lot...a whole lot of times. :sneaky:

Duane

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
I am not sure if anyone has seen the latest Phil Busardo review on the new iStick TC40W by Eleaf that has temperature control for NI200 wire. In his review he again compared actual temperature readings with his equipment on the iStick along with the DNA40, SX350J, and the eVic VT. The SX350 is showing a fairly accurate reading with NI200 on his graphs. One of his graphs does compare include the DNA200 with his Kayfun temperature comparisons. Funny with a 400F setting the DNA200 comes in at 402F which is pretty damn good, but the SX350J came in at exactly 400F. Not bad at all. The others were much lower with the DNA40 coming in next at 368F. But that is with the Kayfun RTA which we seem to know, and he again states is troublesome for TC.

The iStick is not too bad for TC and for a price selling $31.99 it might make for a good throw around mod, a work mod, or maybe something to have around just in case...
Eleaf™ iSmoka iStick TC 40W Temp Control Box Mod Kit

My son bought Istick 40w a week or so ago, he's new to temp limiting but he loves it so far. Think he spent $27 on it and he's looking for another deal to get a second one, mainly so he can charge one while vaping the other since it's battery is non removable. He says he's getting a full day with it and fit's his pocket nicely while he's at work. IMO pretty amazing price for a functional temp limiting device. I'll probably pick one up at some point just to have one I could care less about if I lost, dropped in the lake etc..

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
George is this the rayon stuff you buy?
Amazon.com : Graham Professional Cellucotton 40 Ft. Box : Hair Styling Product Accessories : Beauty

They also have this stuff:
Amazon.com : Graham Cellucotton Beauty Coil, 40 Feet : Hair Permanent Products : Beauty

Have you been following Magaro's thread? He rates the cotton version higher than the rayon version:
A look at various wicking materials for rebuildable atomizers | Page 8 | E-Cigarette Forum

But the Pima Cotton seems to really take the show:
Amazon.com: 100% USA Wicking Pima Cotton

I would like to try out all three but he is not done yet with all his testing and is doing a fantastic job I think.

I've tried the Graham Cellucotton and although it worked and wicked well the feel of it in hand and it's scrunchy sounds while working with it drove me crazy. It was like nails on a chalkboard to me so I have about 499.5' of it left over in the box. If you want some I can pull some off and send to you, just pm me your addy. I picked mine up from Sally Beauty Supply since we have many local stores here.

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
I've tried the Graham Cellucotton and although it worked and wicked well the feel of it in hand and it's scrunchy sounds while working with it drove me crazy. It was like nails on a chalkboard to me so I have about 499.5' of it left over in the box. If you want some I can pull some off and send to you, just pm me your addy. I picked mine up from Sally Beauty Supply since we have many local stores here.
And I thought I was the only one allergic touching rayon. I use it in every atty of mine but the wicking process is excruciating for me as all my neck hairs rise and my spine shivers while I'm touching the stuff lol... Horrible.

Regards
Tony

Sent from my keyboard through my phone or something like that.

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
And I thought I was the only one allergic touching rayon. I use it in every atty of mine but the wicking process is excruciating for me as all my neck hairs rise and my spine shivers while I'm touching the stuff lol... Horrible.

Regards
Tony

Lol, nope your not the only one. :) I've since went to using Shiseido cotton from Sephora I think was about $9 or $10 for a pack of 165 sheets that will last me 10 yrs. It's soft and fluffy to the touch so it doesn't have that scrunchy hair standing on my neck feel and wicks fine for me.

Reactions: Jake67

petemoss

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
Queens, NY
My order for Ti 24g arrived yesterday but was Grey! not shiny like the 26 & 30 that came with same order.
I contacted vendor and was assured it was ok, but I am unsure.
Can anyone give me an answer to this, as I will not use this Grey! wire until I am sure.

Unkamen says it's normal here: Pure Titanium Wire 100% Guarantee Specific by UnkamenSupplies
So I guess the grey, matte finish is normal and maybe part of the tempering treatment. I would still clean off any oils with alcohol.

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal

druckle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
It could be either oxidized or acid washed. If you scrub the wire and nothing comes off, you should be good to go.

Regards
Tony

It's acid washed....makes the surface sort of etched. Perfectly ok.

Duane

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
Thanks for the reply and link, I did a clean with green pot cleaner nothing came off so will give it a go. It was the fact that 26 and 30 were shiny that worried me.

Burnie,
Not to worry a lot of jewelery Titanium has be acid washed and that is usually the cause of the dull finish. People that are into jewelry making don't like metals that leave black marks. I have some fro Reo-Grande (Jewelry company) and theirs is acid washed and you can wipe it with any solvent you want on a white paper towel and will never see any dirt come off. I too have use the green pot scrubbers just to see if it was oxidized and nothing comes off.

Trust me it is good stuff. Remember they are selling it because it is the least allergenic metal they have. :2c:

burnie71

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
South Australia
Burnie,
Not to worry a lot of jewelery Titanium has be acid washed and that is usually the cause of the dull finish. People that are into jewelry making don't like metals that leave black marks. I have some fro Reo-Grande (Jewelry company) and theirs is acid washed and you can wipe it with any solvent you want on a white paper towel and will never see any dirt come off. I too have use the green pot scrubbers just to see if it was oxidized and nothing comes off.

Trust me it is good stuff. Remember they are selling it because it is the least allergenic metal they have. :2c:

Many thanks for all replies. Its up and running on 24g Ti in Ti mode 0.25 Ohm 220J 490F its good but prefer warmer vape, using Lemo 2.
Now for the Magma! going for Ti 26 dual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread