ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
Most of you can probably guess it's our new LG Top Load High Efficiency Washing Machine. Technology in this thing is absolutely amazing. Doree loves it. She wasn't so thrilled at the cost or the fact that the old machine crapped out when she tried to wash the first load of towels when we got here.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
More delightful stuff from the dance floor at my niece's wedding 2 nights ago. First, the mother of Zel (the groom) is lifted, then my sister-in-law Carrie and brother Greg (parents of the bride, Julie).

Oh my ... :thumbs:

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
I'm not trying to compete with strawberry shortcake, strawberry shortsnake or even strawberries and cream, but this has been good to me. The last time I bought strawberries I didn't get around to using them before they went bad. In another day or two the same thing would have happened with these, since they've been in my fridge for about 2 weeks.

So, strawberries and almond milk.
Strawberries_AlmondMilk.jpg

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
I want to thank everyone for their well wishes. You guys are such a great bunch it really does the heart good. Her doc in Spokane faxed the things he wanted done CBC and stool sample. Then they will fax the results back to him going in in the morning. She is feeling pretty good not like the last time when she was bleeding so hopefully it is just a medication thing. I sure hope so. Will know a lot more in a day or two. She doesn't have to see a urgent care doc at all which would be kind of a waste she just has to go to the lab and have the tests. Last time she was really bad and they put her right in the hospital that was about 10 years ago. Thanks everyone Will keep you all posted.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
CVS has clinics in their stores. And monitors their employees weight, eating, & smoking habits. If you are what they consider overweight you have go through a program & lose it or your job. If you smoke you have to go through a cessation program & quit or lose your job. I have no idea what they do if you refuse to eat your spinach.

While I have reservations about what they do to, er, for, their employees, aren't they in the pharmacy business? Or is it limited to only selling scrips to the company doc patients? If they don't fill other doc's scrips, I think they'd be soon out of business...

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Thought I'd show you all...

This is what we are leaving..

And this is what we're moving into...

I'm not sure I get the ten pounds into the new 5 pound sack! :shock::lol::D

Gonna be quite an adjustment, but maybe you'll find out you brought stuff you really can do without? Either that or you'll need a very large shed! Looks very nice though. Love the lushness!

What is so good about it?
Got a virus or sumpthin.... yech....

Ohhh, hope you're feeling better quick. Maybe this will help.

Chickensoup_zps53e33046.jpg

Not a dam thing is good about it this morning. I'm on the verge of exploding..:-x
Too long a story....suffice to say.....spent time on the phone with my prescription provider over 10 days ago.....told them I didn't want ANYTHING shipped before the middle of this month, as I don't have funds and can't afford a $50 overdraft charge from my bank. Went to check my bank balance this morning and .....:censored::-x:censored::-x
got told on the phone just now the order is too far into process to cancel......the label has already been printed. Told her I wasn't going to say where they could put their label:evil:

I didn't sign up for automatic refills.....and they took it upon themselves to retain my payment info. That's why I'm so bloody angry. They leave cryptic messages on my answering machine to call about a pending prescription......nothing identifying what it is. When you call.....have to go through a myriad of automated menus , which keep asking for the 'scrip number, which I obviously don't have as they don't tell me what they're calling me for. And if you do have the number......the only option is to place an order. When you finally reach a live person they ask for most of the info you've already input to the automated menu all over again.....and then here we go.....What 'scrip are you calling about? I've gone through it before with them.....How in Hades am I supposed to know what they're asking me to call about? My first time around, a few months ago....when asked why I was calling.....I told them I didn't have a clue....was simply responding to being told I needed to call.

Arrrrrrrgh! What a mess, but so glad you got it worked out. When you get caught on the phone with those automated scripts sometimes you can get to a real person by hitting the "0" button a few times quickly.
I stopped at our local Wegman's supermarket with a Rx and asked them how much it would cost for them to fill it since my co-pay at CVS was getting way expensive. They told me $10 without insurance so that's what I did. Later, with a new script I gave them my insurance card and suddenly all meds were more expensive. Wallmart gave me the best prices, but only if they were generic. You really have to do your homework to find the best prices and telling your doc about the expense sometimes can get him to help.

Rant over.....

That was such a beautiful comment by your son. :wub: How lucky you are to have such wonderful family relationships. :)

Aww thanks. We really are blessed with both our kids.

An automatic withdrawal was taken out of one of my accounts a few months ago, just a few days early. Unpleasant experience.

I have relatives in California. Both are in safe areas. Air quality is not affected for the coastal areas, because the prevailing winds are from the ocean. However, there is a lot of air traffic from the local firefighting base. Lightning and windstorms, with little rain associated. I hope Tutu is doing OK. This photo is from Clear Lake North.

11705263_10204830175377638_5091174122982685447_n.jpg

OMG! What a picture! But those people on by the truck look like gawkers! It never ceases to amaze me at the stupidity of some people!!

I changed from CVS a month after they bought out Ekerds & have been with Walgreens since. Seldom have problems. I changed my Mother to Walgreens 2 years ago after her surgery & I was involved in her rx for the first time. They were, & had been all along, messing up her rx, costing her more $, filling rx she had not requested, & kept trying to charge her automatically. It's deliberate because it kept happening even though she kept asking them to delete her credit card info & never autofill. I think their corporate IT resets everything to autofill/autopay once a month. I went in for the third time in three days for a wrong issue, cancelled all her rx, & had everything sent to Walgreens. I was very nice about it at first. Then the tech went over d whispered to the Pharmacy Manager who came over & asked me what was wrong & they could correct it for me. I just went off on them. Let her know that they were apparently incapable of filling a prescription correctly period, since they'd messed up 6 new rx, & tried three times to fix the last one & still didn't have it right & should be turned in for malpractice & taking advantage of the elderly & disabled. She let go. No more problems. I say it's deliberate.

Way to go Kenna!! Maybe CVS just got too big too fast because they've messed up on me too. My problem was only minor compared to yours. They said my insurance wouldn't let me renew my Rx because it was too soon - I only had 2 pills left. That's BS! Now I'm on Medicare and have Humana Rx and get 3 months at a time in the mail at no additional cost. Somehow I ended up 3 months ahead, but it makes me nervous about a future expensive med.

Absolutely over-the-top wild and crazy time in Montreal for my niece's wedding. Here's the groom, Zel, surfing on a table which is being held aloft by others on the dance floor. Julie (the bride) and her Dad (my brother) are a couple of the people visible standing on the floor. View attachment 477624

Looks like it was a great time!!

Well we may have to cut our vacation short. My wife looks like she has blood in her stool. Have to go to Urgent Care and get her checked for blood and a blood count per her doc at home. Not sure if the Prednisone is causing it or what. We both have had these drastic gastric bypass surgery and she had problems once before and got really sick. The only way they could find it was using a camera that she swallowed and takes pics for 8 hours as it passes through. First we have to find out for sure but I looked at it this morning and it was dark and tarry and after it sat in the water it had red coming off of it so I am pretty sure.

Oh Patrick, I sure hope this turns out to just be the meds needing a change and not something more serious. I'm so sorry this is happening, but best to get it checked out and fixed right away. Prayers coming for your wife.

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Most of you can probably guess it's our new LG Top Load High Efficiency Washing Machine. Technology in this thing is absolutely amazing. Doree loves it. She wasn't so thrilled at the cost or the fact that the old machine crapped out when she tried to wash the first load of towels when we got here.

Thought it was a washing machine. Our daughter just got one and the dryer too and loves them. She sent me a picture of the dryer and I could tell from the reflection in the machine that she was sitting on the floor taking the picture. She asked if this is what happens when you get older - you get excited about a washer and dryer!

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Here's hoping you don't need to cut your vacation short. So you fixed the air conditioning problem?
Yep the temp here tomorrow is supposed to be 65 for a high. I think I'll be able to take a nap which has been sorely missed.

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
Thought it was a washing machine. Our daughter just got one and the dryer too and loves them. She sent me a picture of the dryer and I could tell from the reflection in the machine that she was sitting on the floor taking the picture. She asked if this is what happens when you get older - you get excited about a washer and dryer!
Yep, that's it. Much excitement over major appliances! :lol:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Yep the temp here tomorrow is supposed to be 65 for a high. I think I'll be able to take a nap which has been sorely missed.

Down to mid 70s for us, south of Tacoma. Nice to get back to "average" temps, even with the added humidity of the last few days. Every little bit of moisture helps. (Saw on tonight's 'cast that the Spokane area is still around 5% relative....)

You're visiting up by Bellingham, right?

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
I'm not trying to compete with strawberry shortcake, strawberry shortsnake or even strawberries and cream, but this has been good to me. The last time I bought strawberries I didn't get around to using them before they went bad. In another day or two the same thing would have happened with these, since they've been in my fridge for about 2 weeks.

So, strawberries and almond milk.
View attachment 477820
That sounds delicious!

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
While I have reservations about what they do to, er, for, their employees, aren't they in the pharmacy business? Or is it limited to only selling scrips to the company doc patients? If they don't fill other doc's scrips, I think they'd be soon out of business...
No, they are a pharmacy general merchandise store just like Walgreens.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Tutu, was great to see you posting here, and glad y'all are safe for now, hope they get those fires out hun!

Legs, really really hope your wife is ok, keep us posted hun!

Dave, what great pics, hope you had a wonderful time. Glad your other brother made it in ok. Looks like you were having a blast from the look on your face!

Yiddle, glad the pharmacy got their act together and gave you your money back

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
People coming and going is common and natural, but in the category of "whatever happened to _____?, I say:

I hope Russell is doing well! He is the guy with some American Indian blood who took on a job as a night-time security guard and he's from Texas, I think.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
People coming and going is common and natural, but in the category of "whatever happened to _____?, I say:

I hope Russell is doing well! He is the guy with some American Indian blood who took on a job as a night-time security guard and he's from Texas, I think.
yeah I hope he's doing well too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread