Status
Not open for further replies.

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
Black Petri and white Tug. I guess I will try the Tug first, then the Petri and finally with the Zenith. In order form most standard to most different.

I sold the GOTA today. The Sapor should be waiting for me when I get home. I'm looking forward to your review of the Petri...or anybody else's for that matter.

Reactions: Mr.Mann

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
Can't wait! Also, send me a message first if you don't like it THAT much ;)
Hey! I called first on that bro! Steppin on my toes over here! I love how everyone is fighting for Mr. Mann's stuff lol. I probly won't have the money even IF he ends up not liking it anyway. I swear this thread is going to lead to the death of my bank account......or marriage.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Thump atty is officially open for pre orders on vapevo.com they weren't sold out they just didn't put them up yet.

Any takers? I just feel like it's going to perform the same as the rest with the only difference being a lack of leaking that hasn't really been too much of a problem for me with the Derringer or the Stumpy or others like them..

Reactions: HeiSINberg

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
Any takers? I just feel like it's going to perform the same as the rest with the only difference being a lack of leaking that hasn't really been too much of a problem for me with the Derringer or the Stumpy or others like them..
Yeah I'm gonna pass on this one. I will admit I love the looks, the top air flow and the 4 post set up. BUT for what it is and the price I'm good. Nothing too special in my opinion.

Reactions: Mr.Mann

TorontoOntario

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2014
Canada
67Tele, I will give you a brief review although it wont include pictures, could not figure out how to do that ever, sorry. Just noticed you wanted a review, I posted earlier but alas I am using it currently so heres my thoughts on the Petri.

I love the simplicity of this dripper, it has the top cap piece, deck and the sleve. I love RDAs like that. The lack of an AFC does NOT bother me HOWEVER I enjoy the draw and to me its perfect. If you like an insanse ammount of air it may be a bit tight for you BUT its by no means a "tight draw" The two post design is awesome although the posts are further away from eachother then on the Stumpy for example so I feel its best to build a longer coil although its not 100% necessary. Due to the two post design I have ample room to do some crazy builds (fused claptons and such) and the post holes are big enough for lower gauge wires or advanced builds, I personally really enjoy the fact that you can build a single coil and although you have no AFC it still works really well because you can line up the airholes with the single coil and it vapes amazing IMO. It also fairly deep juice well and the deck is all PEEK. The flavor to me is amazing, I have done a variety of builds from .1-1.0 and they all perform really well. Its not the greatest flavor of any attie but it is marginally better then a lot of atties IMO. I would rate the flavor better then a Tugboat w/ SC for example and personally I would classify this as a flavor attie but it can put out some decent clouds if you build it for that.

My final thoughts are that I would have loved to see a SS version as well as an AFC, the gold plated deck is not really my thing and I think its a bit expensive ESPECIALLY cause it does not come with a tip. I think $80 would be a better price, even $89 if it came with a Dotmod drip tip. Despite the price and the few other issues I have I really LOVE this RDA. I had one a while ago just after it came out, sold it and came back. I love three piece drippers, flavor is good, draw is just right (to me), two post design is a major plus and its just great for my style.

Not a great review, I know. I was thinking about the Thump but changed my mind. I cant see a short attie being as good as the Stumpy. Its just perfect to me so I am going to pass as well. Im really on the hunt for a second Petri haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread