• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
When all the idiots got smartphones - not many of us normal people left nowadays :laugh::rolleyes:

You know i've had people look at me like i'm a caveman when they've asked me for my mobile number.
And i've said i don't own a mobile.
Chucked it 5 years ago.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
I'm on tele again lol. BBC1 @ 11:00am today.
Just watched that on BBC Player and downloaded it, have you been in contact with the 2 other motorcyclists that helped, that really was a horrific crash.

EDIT: At least we know what you both look like now :laugh:

Last edited:

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
When i was still a :angel:Trish. :laugh:
My mum always bought Black Boy tea,swore by it.
Don't think they would be allowed to call it that nowadays,so could be still available under a different guise.
So we always had to have Black boy tea and Golden Galleon butter :)
When you were still a little angel? ....what happened :laugh:
Joking of course! .....as for Black Boy, I actually think that term is PC, but do agree, unlikely a tea would be called that now. I see a few pubs/hotels with that name though, so can't be frowned upon.
The butter they bought was loose stuff from a wooden barrel at the Co-Op - that butter was lovely!

Yes, and he is not too far away from me, based in Horsham.
He's mentioned double O rings ..don't think I'll need those? ....all the drip tips I have only have one O ring.
Apart from that, he said he'll be back in touch in a few days, so sounds good! :)

I'm on tele again lol. BBC1 @ 11:00am today.
I never watch TV before around 5.30-6pm, so never know what's on during the day - I'd have watched it though if I'd known. I did see a short clip of footage a while back though. You must find it a bit traumatic still to watch something like that?

You can't beat a nice Strong mug of tea especially
Ever curious, and always liking a good cup of tea, I shall get a box to see ...if it's terrific, then I'll get a pack of 6 boxes from Amazon! :)

When all the idiots got smartphones - not many of us normal people left nowadays :laugh::rolleyes:
I may have a smart PAYG phone, but it's never switched on. We keep it for when we may need use of a phone if out and nothing more, so no-one has the number.
Really annoys me to see people wandering along the street gazing at little screens prodding at them or the keys ...and infuriating is when people come for dinner and place their phone next to the cutlery!

You know i've had people look at me like i'm a caveman when they've asked me for my mobile number.
Chucked it 5 years ago.
I get the same, in fact, I've come across more than one website that grinds to a halt when you can't enter a mobile number!
Husband gladly stopped using one when he retired. He doesn't even use a computer.

Reactions: Marcus1970

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Chucked it 5 years ago.
Oh I have one, but I am always going out and forget to take it with me, I only got a mobile because of my trips abroad so that the missus could get in touch if she needed to, nowadays I'm on PAYG and I still have about £30 on it that I put on over a year ago, it has all the apps on like FB which tends to use up less than 1p/day, just so that I don't lose the number.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
He's mentioned double O rings ..don't think I'll need those? ....all the drip tips I have only have one O ring.
Apart from that, he said he'll be back in touch in a few days, so sounds good! :)
Most decent drip tips have 2 o-rings, stops the wobble a bit better.

Reactions: Brynglas

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Chucked it 5 years ago.
Got the TV on - "Doctors" BBC1 and the scene just now copper asking chap for his mobile number, chap replies I don't have one because I don't have a mobile - the look that the copper gave him - priceless :laugh:

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
Only one person i need mobile contact with these days.
And my old mum won't have one,insists on landline.
We got her a payg,a few years back and she would'nt use it.Last time i checked the supplier had discon the number.
I've heard if you don't put credit on them or use them they reallocate the number.Cheeky buggers never refunded the £20 credit that was on it 'tho.And i just couldn't be bothered chasing them.

Reactions: Bobw1951

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
We got her a payg,a few years back and she would'nt use it.Last time i checked the supplier had discon the number.
I've heard if you don't put credit on them or use them they reallocate the number.Cheeky buggers never refunded the £20 credit that was on it 'tho.And i just couldn't be bothered chasing them.
They tried that on with the Missus's mobile (was Orange now EE) - luckily I caught it in time before the did the disconnection, got them to put the money back on and now make a call every month or so, it's one of the downfalls of having PAYG, it's why I have FB checking during the day, even though I use it mainly on the Computer, also why I changed to Three, there 321 payg is good that way, 3p/min 2p/txt 1p/MB and FB hardly uses a MB/day, but it stops them cutting me off.

Reactions: Brynglas

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Got the TV on - "Doctors" BBC1 and the scene just now copper asking chap for his mobile number, chap replies I don't have one because I don't have a mobile - the look that the copper gave him - priceless :laugh:
There's probably quite a lot of people that don't want to use them.

I've had my number for years ..perhaps 20-25, and I just keep changing the sim if we get a new phone ...had all of three! :laugh: ...last one was a year ago, and they transferred it to a micro? sim.
Never lost my number, connection or the credit on it, and it must be two years since it was topped up.

Mmm!! I know what that feels like Bob.
Majority of people think it's unacceptable, to not have a mobile.
There are people who only have landlines for the ADSL connection, not phone calls. I couldn't bear to be a slave to a mobile phone. The family used to criticise me for not having it switched on, but I merely told them that I do not want to be accessible at all times. 'Use the land line if you need to speak ...email if it's non-urgent!'
We get extremely annoyed when visitors are having dinner with us and break off mid-conversation to either read a text or answer a call! Totally unacceptable except in extreme circumstances.

They tried that on with the Missus's mobile (was Orange now EE) - luckily I caught it in time before the did the disconnection, got them to put the money back on and now make a call every month or so, it's one of the downfalls of having PAYG, it's why I have FB checking during the day, even though I use it mainly on the Computer, also why I changed to Three, there 321 payg is good that way, 3p/min 2p/txt 1p/MB and FB hardly uses a MB/day, but it stops them cutting me off.
Mine has always been Orange PAYG, and my last phones were from EE - they've never lost any connection or credit. Just checked the Nokia now and it's battery needs charging! :laugh:
The Kestrel one was fine a few days ago because it was switched on when my husband was out for the day.

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
Mobile phones can be useful, but they can also be a ball and chain. I usually leave mine at home when I go out walking, but take it if out in the car in case of breakdown (VERY hard to find a payphone these days. I liked the ones with "button b" that sometimes spewed out free pennies when pressed).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread