Eleaf GS Air Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Found out this morning what happens when you put a tank with a kanthal coil on the TC istick without manually switching it over....extremely hot vape plus a blown coil. Won't make that mistake again! :lol::lol::lol:
Oh not good! You know you would think the mod would check resistance before firing in TC mode and not fire in TC ..

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
Just FYI, I got my Totally Wicked CS Air Micro in the mail yesterday. I used the 25% code and my $7.50 credit and paid $5.98, shipped. It's virtually identical to the GS Air MS except for one thing... there's no air flow control ring. It's wide open, all the time. To me, that's a good thing, but some might not like it. Mouth to lung hits are still pretty tight, so that's not an issue for me, but I use the GS Air MS wide open anyhow. Just food for thought before purchasing.

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
Here's a picture. The base sits flush against the side of the tank and the airflow slots are the same size. There simply isn't a ring to adjust the flow. Like I said, airflow is fairly tight already with these coils, so it doesn't impact the ability to do mtl hits. For $6, I'm pretty happy, but I never used the afc much anyhow and I like the fact that the base has no knurling.

Pardon the speck of lip gunk... :facepalm:
7420158578.jpg

Last edited:

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
Seems strange they would leave off the AFC...
Agreed. Not sure why they went that route. It actually required a slight redesign of the base... odd for a rebadged product. It does make it feel a little more solid, though. I'd have preferred they just put a better quality afc ring in place, however.

LostVapeMonster

The eyes are useless when the mind is blind.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2011
Land of the Lost
WOW. Just WOW. Took me a few minutes to respond because I was speechless. ;)

Seriously though, I love it. It's airy, but not TOO airy and like you guys said, I can comfortably MTL inhale, with no issues. Although I did decide to try a new flavor (should've used one I'm well-familiar with), the flavor is fantastic. I seem to be getting more vapor and more flavor at lower volts than I do with other tanks. Definitely no dry hits or burnt tastes. I am so excited!

Thanks again, Bike, for pointing me towards these tanks and this thread!! Gold star for you, buddy! :headbang:
Sorry - which tank is this? :unsure:

LostVapeMonster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2011
Land of the Lost
Sorry..the GS Air! The original..it was first time trying one! :)
Aaaaahhh. Yes. Those are great; aren't they? I haven't used anything else since I bought my first one.:thumb:

LostVapeMonster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2011
Land of the Lost
I am very impatiently waiting on mine to be delivered..Hopefully I have better luck with these than I did the Nautilius Mini
I never even made it around to trying those and I'm glad I didn't. Too expensive and from what I've heard, not worth it.

AllElseFailed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2015
Champaign, IL
Aaaaahhh. Yes. Those are great; aren't they? I haven't used anything else since I bought my first one.:thumb:
I never even made it around to trying those and I'm glad I didn't. Too expensive and from what I've heard, not worth it.

They are WONDERFUL! I still can't believe how much I like it and how much more flavor and vapor I get with it. Now I'm going to buy a couple more and transition myself to just these and PT3 minis, which I also like and have several of. Then I will only have to buy 2 types of replacement coils and be done with it!

As far as the Nautilus, everyone has recommended them since I first came to ECF, but they are SO expensive. I'm so glad I tried Bike's recommendation for the GS Airs first!!

LostVapeMonster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2011
Land of the Lost
They are WONDERFUL! I still can't believe how much I like it and how much more flavor and vapor I get with it. Now I'm going to buy a couple more and transition myself to just these and PT3 minis, which I also like and have several of. Then I will only have to buy 2 types of replacement coils and be done with it!

As far as the Nautilus, everyone has recommended them since I first came to ECF, but they are SO expensive. I'm so glad I tried Bike's recommendation for the GS Airs first!!
I've read mixed reviews about the Nauties. I have 4 GSAs now and I don't even have a desire to try anything else.

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
Nautilus and the Kangers are pushed on all folks looking for recommendations for tanks...
Even if they state they are using an Ego 650 :lol:
I use to try and recommend the Air tanks...always seemed to be shouted down in favor of spending
a lot more for the above tanks.
Like LVM, I never tried the Nautilus, have nothing against it except the price compared to the Air series!
I can only remember two or three folks being disappointed in the Air tanks that tried them and provided feedback
to this thread.

LostVapeMonster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2011
Land of the Lost
I got sucked into thinking it would be amazing.... waste of $24.00! Granted it may be because I possibly got a defective one which is kinda my luck. That being said I would rather be out the $8.49 I just paid for a GS Air than the actual $24.00 I am out.
:nah:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread