• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Where to buy lithium-ion batteries in SG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    There are genuine VTC batteries available now from reliable vendors.
    Just some third party test results...the VTC5 is a 20A battery and so is the HG2. But the HG2 does run hotter than other batteries like the 25R.

Sony VTC5 20A 2600mAh Bench Test Results...a good 20A cell | E-Cigarette Forum

LG INR18650-HG2 20A 3000mAh Bench Test Results | E-Cigarette Forum

A bit of info regarding that 35A Efest, the first from @Baditude...

(17) Purple Efest Batteries not as Advertised | E-Cigarette Forum

There are no 18650 batteries with a genuine rating over 30A! | E-Cigarette Forum

And some info about how hard you can push some batteries safely...

18650 Safety Grades -- Picking a Safe Battery to Vape With | E-Cigarette Forum

RustyStar

Jul 2, 2015
    There are genuine VTC batteries available now from reliable vendors.
    Just some third party test results...the VTC5 is a 20A battery and so is the HG2. But the HG2 does run hotter than other batteries like the 25R.

Sony VTC5 20A 2600mAh Bench Test Results...a good 20A cell | E-Cigarette Forum

LG INR18650-HG2 20A 3000mAh Bench Test Results | E-Cigarette Forum

A bit of info regarding that 35A Efest, the first from @Baditude...

(17) Purple Efest Batteries not as Advertised | E-Cigarette Forum

There are no 18650 batteries with a genuine rating over 30A! | E-Cigarette Forum

And some info about how hard you can push some batteries safely...

18650 Safety Grades -- Picking a Safe Battery to Vape With | E-Cigarette Forum
    That's a counterfeit. See mine...
    c58045bd107f316118b8e7650db4afd4.jpg

Sent from my Z3

RustyStar

Jul 2, 2015
    Huh? Which battery in my post were you saying was counterfeit?
    The links to the purple efest batteries. The guy who reviewed the efest battery apparently got a fake battery. The original battery has a different logo, qr code sticker and there is a subtle watermark of the logo in the purple background.

Sent from my Z3

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    The links to the purple efest batteries. The guy who reviewed the efest battery apparently got a fake battery. The original battery has a different logo, qr code sticker and there is a subtle watermark of the logo in the purple background.

Sent from my Z3

Ahh, OK. When you replied to my message I was a bit confused because while I did have a link to Baditude's Efest blog entry I didn't think any of those batteries were counterfeit.

LOL...counterfeiting a rewrap. :rolleyes:

Reactions: RustyStar

VRabbit13

Jul 24, 2015
    Just for sharing purposes. Currently the most reliable and stable Amp output will be from Samsung 25r. Other brands are ok but just saying what is the best so far. Brands like efest, nitecore and ect are all 3rd party companies. The buy the batteries that is rejected from all the major companies and just put their sticker on it.. some of them state the output is 30A or 40A, the problem is, this ar just the pulse hits.. the battery wont run at 40A from start to finish. The output is not that stable. Next to keep in mind, there are 2 typea of 18650 batteries. The protected and unprotected.. both are the same battery but the protected ones comes with a chip inside. Think of it as a circuit breaker just incase your batt starts to malfunction during the usage itself.. happy choosing..

RustyStar

Jul 2, 2015
    Just for sharing purposes. Currently the most reliable and stable Amp output will be from Samsung 25r. Other brands are ok but just saying what is the best so far. Brands like efest, nitecore and ect are all 3rd party companies. The buy the batteries that is rejected from all the major companies and just put their sticker on it.. some of them state the output is 30A or 40A, the problem is, this ar just the pulse hits.. the battery wont run at 40A from start to finish. The output is not that stable. Next to keep in mind, there are 2 typea of 18650 batteries. The protected and unprotected.. both are the same battery but the protected ones comes with a chip inside. Think of it as a circuit breaker just incase your batt starts to malfunction during the usage itself.. happy choosing..
    I own a few batteries, Efest, Samsung, Panasonic and Sony. They are all ok. I rather buy and try than copy and paste what people say is good to make sure it's legit. Anyway, if you are running a regulated mod, the pcb will just cut off the power if it detects any power fluctuations.

Unless you are building RDAs with v8 coils for cloud chasing, most of the time 16 - 20W is enough for most subtanks and dual coil builds.

Sent from my Z3

Reactions: VRabbit13

WarA

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 24, 2015
    AW is also highly recommended, in fact its always on the top of most vaping communities. Just make sure you calculate the drain you require properly where typically you shouldnt exceed 20A continuous pull from a 0.5ohm 7.5V(dual batt) build (more of a concern on mech mods and lower subohm builds)

edit: also do check out Mooch's thread on 30A capable batteries All 30A-Capable Batteries Pulsed Shootout -- Bench Test Results -- Some changes when pulsed | E-Cigarette Forum

Sounds like i'm gonna get some VTC4 for the tiny bit of extra power :hubba: once fstoplight stocks them

Last edited:

WarA

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 24, 2015
    I suppose its more of a peace of mind that they claim to batch test products. Other reliable places probably can try camera shops/tactical shops however issue is that they don't offer the amount of credibility as opposed. But if you're the daring kind I would say order on ebay or qoo10 would definitely be cheaper

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread