• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Can anyone make this site work?: http://www.lazarusvintage.co.uk/
Twice this past week I've tried to use it - get the page, sometimes click the blue 'gizmo' to clear blocked content, and the page goes blank.
Other times, I either ignore the gizmo or there isn't one at all, and if I try to put something in the basket, I get a blank page!
Summat's up!

Mobile phones can be useful, but they can also be a ball and chain. I usually leave mine at home when I go out walking, but take it if out in the car in case of breakdown (VERY hard to find a payphone these days. I liked the ones with "button b" that sometimes spewed out free pennies when pressed).
Could never resist pressing that one! :)
Yes, a mobile is useful to keep for emergencies - as long as you remember to take it with you .....which we frequently don't! :laugh:

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
Can anyone make this site work?: http://www.lazarusvintage.co.uk/
Twice this past week I've tried to use it - get the page, sometimes click the blue 'gizmo' to clear blocked content, and the page goes blank.
Other times, I either ignore the gizmo or there isn't one at all, and if I try to put something in the basket, I get a blank page!
Summat's up!

Could never resist pressing that one! :)
Yes, a mobile is useful to keep for emergencies - as long as you remember to take it with you .....which we frequently don't! :laugh:

Just tried the Lazarus site using Chrome. Loads fine for me.

Reactions: Pictor

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Just tried the Lazarus site using Chrome. Loads fine for me.
Duh! don't understand it then.

No good for me,even on Chrome.
Loads homepage and thats it,blank screens after that.
Ah! at least I'm not alone! I'm just getting a blank screen now.

Tried it again. Clicked on "Stardust". Loads fine. I even played the "Stardust" video.
So, I wonder what can be different between your computer, and the ones George & I are using!
I use a desktop with W7Pro IE11, and Chrome as a back-up.

I also get problems with M&S website too - most times I can't see any review details, and am never able to post one of my own. Been that way for months now.

Reactions: e-pipeman

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
I'm using a Chromebook at the moment but that shouldn't be the issue - Chrome is Chrome. Puzzling...

Tried the M&S website to test that. Went to the wine section, clicked on the Val de Loire sauvignon blanc and read the unflattering reviews. Have you tried clearing out your temp folders? That can help sometimes.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I'm using a Chromebook at the moment but that shouldn't be the issue - Chrome is Chrome. Puzzling...

Tried the M&S website to test that. Went to the wine section, clicked on the Val de Loire sauvignon blanc and read the unflattering reviews. Have you tried clearing out your temp folders? That can help sometimes.
Every night I run SAS to clear tracking cookies, and regularly go to %temp% and clear those too unless I do it from Disk Cleanup.

Reactions: e-pipeman

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Lazarus loaded for me as well, no probs. :)
I suppose I'm not surprised seeing you now have 10. I think a lot of sites have been designed for use with 10.

Fair enough - but it's much better (and safer) now than it once was. Just run it with the default settings.
OK, I'll take a look if I can't get anywhere with finding out what causes it. :)

...I did get dire warnings never to touch it again last time though :facepalm:

Reactions: terry w

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Yes, I think you only really have to make one call every 6 months or so to make sure the money stays on and to stop it getting disconnected.
OK ...I'd better 'phone home' then and keep it going! Really don't know how they can get away with that ...we buy the phone and put some money in ..it's ours! ....Imagine if they did that with cars when they don't get used for a while! :eek:

:laugh:
You are showing your age now :thumbs:
Easy to recall what they smelled like too!
8610017705_78e99e20b9_z.jpg

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Could Java be something to do with it? ...can't recall which, but wasn't Java or Adobe a bit iffy and a lot of us disabled it?
Adobe Flash - but with chrome you normally still get the page loading just the you have to right click on panels that will not play, must admit though I'm getting problems with that site as well, managed to get the first page to load after a while, clicking on the picture though gives me a 404 error, so maybe they are having problems with the site.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Adobe Flash - but with chrome you normally still get the page loading just the you have to right click on panels that will not play, must admit though I'm getting problems with that site as well, managed to get the first page to load after a while, clicking on the picture though gives me a 404 error, so maybe they are having problems with the site.
Perhaps the site is to blame then ...what about M&S ...is it OK for you? ...seems to me that it's Java stuff that isn't working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread